PDA

View Full Version : I honestly never thought of this until NOW

QuadJunkies
12-17-2006, 08:32 PM
How the heck are we going to get an ORV sticker for my Daughters Hybrid?:huh It is required in our state.
Are we able to get one with the serial # of the motor?
The frame has been blasted and PC'd twice now and I dont see anything there anymore.
we rider alot of offroad(and dunes) as well as the tracks
Im not sure how to go about this

Any ideas?

12-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Whats a ORV sticker?

QuadJunkies
12-18-2006, 01:15 PM
Its an offroad vehicle sticker.its required to have to ride anywhere but private property.

12-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Its an offroad vehicle sticker.its required to have to ride anywhere but private property.

I dont have no frame numbers on mine or the stock motor and i still get the sticker every like year.

JOEX
12-18-2006, 05:50 PM
I'm guessing you don't have the title to the frame? I think a 'bill of sale' may help in getting a sticker...

firefighterjosh
12-18-2006, 07:25 PM
In indiana We have to send a copy of the bill of sale with the Vin # on it. I am guessing if all you have is the Vin off the engine you will be ok. They just want a number to process in there system to make sure it isn't stolen

QuadJunkies
12-18-2006, 11:30 PM
Were very close with our dealership, hopefully the number to the motoris enough, to be honest, I dont think a bill of sale ever occured in this transaction,they didnt deliver ALOT of things they should have, including the specs on the quad! grrrr....
thanks guys ;)

QuadJunkies
12-18-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by LTD
I dont have no frame numbers on mine or the stock motor and i still get the sticker every like year.
what did you initially use?

12-19-2006, 08:18 AM
what did you initially use?
what :confused:

QuadJunkies
12-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by LTD
what :confused:

if you have no vin or serial number, how do you get your sticker each year?

12-19-2006, 10:24 AM

Idk i just get one every year in the mail and i dont even use it.

JOEX
12-19-2006, 10:24 AM
He has lots of stickers.....:eek:

12-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
He has lots of stickers.....:eek:

No way dude. My quads look is changing.
In the last 2 months people said
Take the stickers off. I DID
get bead locks. I DID
Change the tires. IDID I BAUGHT 2 SETS
people said get the frame pc'd instead of the paint. IN JAN MY FRAME, A-ARMS AND SUB FRAME IS BEING PC'D ORANGE.
people said get rid of teh spacers and get longer A-arms i did.
Last year people said get rid of the spacers in the rear and get a longer axle i did.
Im building my quadthe way you people want it pritty much.

Any ways as for me getting that sticker like i said i have no #'s on any thing and the motor is not the same one so the #'s would not mach up as mine. My quad is under my moms name and she also has 2 other quads in her name and every year she just pays money to were ever and we get teh stickers sent to us in the mail.

Was the quad ever registerd before it was turnt into a hybrid?

QuadJunkies
12-23-2006, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by LTD
Was the quad ever registerd before it was turnt into a hybrid?
I have no clue. We just bought the Hybrid this fall.But I seriously doubt it .

12-23-2006, 12:21 AM
I have no clue. We just bought the Hybrid this fall.But I seriously doubt it .

Probably cant then but know one will probably check any ways. Any thing thats a hybrid is mostly used for racing which dont need the sticker.

YZ400EX
12-24-2006, 09:22 AM
QJ, here in Idaho is the worst place to deal with quads, with no titles or VIN's.. I have had SOOO many problems trying to get registrations or titles here when going through the DMV.. the best way I have found to get around all this is just visit the local dealer or gas station that supplies the stickers.. DMV wont even work with me, but at those other places all I do is just give them the VIN and get a sticker.. Sorry I cant help you with what to do w/out a VIN, but thats what will be needed to get you the sticker, but again DONT go through the DMV.. a hybrid is nearly impossible to register and way more work and time than what is needed.. The state of Idaho is entirely too strict on this stuff..

QuadJunkies
12-24-2006, 11:39 AM
I was actually planning on going threw our Dealer, I try to aviod the DMV whenever possible. The lines there alone area PITA lol

ZRider400
12-28-2006, 10:24 PM
you can have the DMV make you up a new vin number/tag. Just say it was a custom ATV.

when i registered my lsr 250r they were al weird about calling it a honda and made me call it a "lonestar 250r"

sammy5x
12-31-2006, 03:40 PM
I made my own chassis a few years ago for a CRF motor and purchased a alpha/ numeric stamp die set from Grainger for about $30. I stamped my own serial number and said that it was "home-made". It is legal in MA and should hold true in most states (think custome home made trailers). I did prove that the power plant was purchased legally as I bought the CRF new from a dealer. It sounds complicated but it wasn't at all. I answered only the questions they asked and got a plate no prob. Hope this helps.

QuadJunkies
12-31-2006, 03:41 PM
thanks for the help :)

sammy5x
12-31-2006, 03:44 PM
What type of hybid is it?

QuadJunkies
12-31-2006, 03:57 PM
Its a CR85/Blaster
Its about done being built -should be done this week!:blah:

01-02-2007, 10:44 AM
My mom said she thinks im still getting it cause they dont know the quads changed.

TarheelRedRider
02-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Yeah you should be able to get DMV to give you a reg number. My friend builds trailors and they have to have a vin number. He just takes it to the DMV to be inspected and they give him a number to be stamped on it.

QuadJunkies
02-05-2007, 11:35 PM
We had no issues.
They registered it as a 2007 Yahonda :huh

Just kddin :p
But it was listed as a 2007 CR85 ATV :D LOL!