PDA

View Full Version : What do I want???

blasterandy
12-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Alright I am now in the process of setting up a list of steps to set my quad up how i picture it. Next up is suspension.
Alright I want a-arms what are some good ones that won't drive a stake in my wallet. i.e. 400$-500$ and used prices of them.
What length would work well with yfz450 shocks on the 400ex with out having them revalved. Also if I was to have the rear revalved who should i have do it and i need a reasonable price. Notice I am pretty much poor assuming I make minimum wage like 6.00$ p/h. So try and find wallet friendly options.

MO-EX-RIDER
12-17-2006, 07:32 PM
wallet friendly = used parts!! used arms anywhere from $2-300. and depending on your riding will depend on the width that you'll need. i know c&d racing(site sponsor) revalves at a very reasonable price...search "rear revalve" in the c&d link:cool:

Honda#4
12-17-2006, 08:02 PM
Go look on totalperformance.com once they have ASR,Eyeball Eng,and Lonestar arms pretty cheap. They quoted me $515 for +3+1 standard travel A-arms for a 400ex, but they only come in a hammertone grey or bare.

Or if you want cheaper than that, EBAY is the place to be.

blasterandy
12-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Alright, I figured I would add on to this post insead of a new one. I know the difference of camber and caster but, i would like to know what you guys would choose between the two of these
Sport Star Plus (http://www.totalperformance-llc.com/sportstarplus.asp)
OR
ProStar (http://www.totalperformance-llc.com/prostar.asp)

I am up for suggestions on arms but i don't want to spend more than 500$$ New, 300$$ used. Also i am not planning on buying these anytime soon.(i.e. spring, Summerish)

TWEP
12-19-2006, 01:10 AM
you can go, if one in your area to a buggy shop and get A-arm ends ,you cut tubes right at a arms replace with these new ends gives 1 " of adjust on each side with grease plugs and some have camber adjust just me might wanna look into that :)

Honda#4
12-19-2006, 07:27 AM
Blasterandy, what do you plan on doing with your bike like racing, MX or XC or just plane out hardkor riding. The Prostar only come in a +2 with, and the Sport star plus come in +2+1 and +3 +1. I would say that the Sport is more for MX racing and the Prostar is for XC but it don't matter. Both are good just for aggressive riding, but I suggest that if you don't have an aftermarket swinger don't get the +3+1 cus that will make your bike alittle twitchy if you have an extened axle I don't see that problem then.

BigFish
12-19-2006, 08:07 AM
I would stay away from heims...

blasterandy
12-19-2006, 08:16 AM
I am really just planing on doing hard trail and track riding. Not really planing on racing but, who knows maybe.
:ermm: Big Fish can you elaborate on why I should stay away from the heims-I am new to the a-arm market. My max width is +2 and i kinda want the +2,+1. Just to keep the end down a little.

Honda#4
12-19-2006, 11:05 AM
Yea +2+1 is really good for what your gonna do, maybe in the future plan on buying an aftermarket swinger that will also help to keep the front end down and it will give you more traction.

BigFish
12-19-2006, 11:17 AM
It's all about durability. Heims just will not last, mainly b/c they are open to the elements. Traditional ball joints are much longer lasting.

On the ASR thing, I think u would be better off just buying a used set of laeger or lonestar a-arms. I had them on a 250r a few years ago and I had them bent w/in a few months of putting them on. At least now they started bracing the bottom shock mounts. Also, IMO the heims that attach the a-arm to the frame are weaker than traditional a-arm attachment.

Both bottom a-arms developed a nice curve...

krt400ex
12-19-2006, 12:37 PM
i would go with the houser rec arms. they r not that axpensive new. like $600- $650. i would get the GT thunder rear linkage and a GT thunger rear revalve. also, if u want arms that work well with the yfz shocks, then get the stock travel arms

krt400ex
12-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
Yea +2+1 is really good for what your gonna do, maybe in the future plan on buying an aftermarket swinger that will also help to keep the front end down and it will give you more traction.

agreed, and with 4:1 offset rims, u will be right at 47 in in the front. perfect fro trails.

PismoLocal
12-19-2006, 03:05 PM
I'm a big fan of burgard arms. I believe there +2" arms are $399.99. I run burgards on my 400 and they have proved to be a quality part in my book. I have used them for MX and duning and I have no complaints at all. I bought mine through Pappy. Talk to colby at C&D Racing I'm sure he can find you some reasonably priced arms and shocks.

krt400ex
12-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
I'm a big fan of burgard arms. I believe there +2" arms are $399.99. I run burgards on my 400 and they have proved to be a quality part in my book. I have used them for MX and duning and I have no complaints at all. I bought mine through Pappy. Talk to colby at C&D Racing I'm sure he can find you some reasonably priced arms and shocks.

thay only make them in +1 forwards though....i am not a big fan of that...

yes they do make them wider, but they only give u the choice to go +1 forward as well..

12-20-2006, 08:37 AM
I went with JB Racing +1 a arms.

http://www.jbatvracing.com/images/aarms/trx_standard_aarms.jpg

http://www.jbatvracing.com/aarms.php

Great fit and finish, they bolted up real easy, I'm quite pleased .

$600

BigFish
12-20-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by PismoLocal

I agree. Never had any problems w/ burgards, plus they add a lil bling. For the price u can't beat them