PDA

View Full Version : HMF ballance system

hdwrench
12-17-2006, 05:44 PM
I am looking at the HMF ballance system ,... from what I have gathered the system should work well for many types of riding as well work well with the HRC kit on the bike at present time. Price is not a issue when choosing a system. I like the way it runs now other than the sound. If I gain some power in the process that would be great and loosing the garbage can off the rear would be nice.

I have no plans on any other engine mods other than what is done to it at this time. The K&N filter, open air box and the cam. I have little time to work on it as we build V-twin engines every day for a living. I have been reading the site for a few months and seems like a great place to get some solid non-biased info.

blackcloud
12-17-2006, 06:08 PM
I have just the HMF Ballance slip on currently and also have the HRC kit. The slip on alone made a big difference in power with the HRC kit. I plan to purchase the head pipe directly from HMF this winter. I actually removed the torque modifier from my pipe and installed the quiet core. I run the open HRC lid with a UNI filter. http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/blackcloud1/DSC01326.jpg

hdwrench
12-18-2006, 06:05 AM
maybe I should have asked about other systems??

Blackcloud

did the pipe help out for low end power as I have read other posts where they say it help you with traction, well if you increase tq I would think traction would decrease not increase. Seems backwards, I know when we dyno bikes that if we can get a increase in tq we are able to spin the tire with less effort not the other way around.

blackcloud
12-18-2006, 09:22 AM
Yes it did make a difference in low end power and torque. I noticed a smoother power delivery from the torque modifier, which I guess equals less wheel spin? But the quiet core did the same thing, however I did notice a slight loss of power with the quiet core at WOT. I highly recommend this system and I would purchase it again.

hdwrench
12-18-2006, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the info.

cals400ex
12-18-2006, 04:07 PM
i don't really know what type of riding you are doing. if you want good low end power then i would recommend the HMF. if you want more mid-high rpm power for dragging or something like that than i would say dasa or rage.