PDA

View Full Version : Pro Circuit Exhaust

400exInMI
09-18-2002, 09:41 AM
WILL A PC T-4 SLIP ON FIT ON A STOCK HEAD PIPE FOR A 400EX? AND WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS EXHAUST? IS IT VERY LOUD...QUALITY.....PERFORMANCE GAINS

YLW400
09-18-2002, 10:16 AM
Yes it will fit a stock header, it is pretty loud, but I like it, has a good sound. As far as performance, any slip on on a 400 doesnt do a whole heluva lot.

oynot400
09-18-2002, 10:19 AM
Yes a T-4 will fit on the stock head pipe. It is a loud pipe, but it is a good throaty deep sound. It gives real good pull and performance. I highly recommend it for the price. There are other pipes that may perform better but you will pay quite a bit more for them.
The only other thing is if you are looking for a head pipe get the FMF Powerbomb. It will help with the power and quiet it down some, but not too much. :devil

QuadTrix6
09-18-2002, 10:20 AM
it will def fit, the stock headers on the 400ex i heard a lot of really good thing about that exuast but i heard better things about the white bros e series so i got that one

400exInMI
09-18-2002, 02:46 PM
DO YOU THINK I HAVE TO CHANGE THE JETS....I HAVE DONE A SEARCH ON THE FORUMS, AND AM STILL NOT SATIFIED. I WOULD LIKE TO LEAVE THE JETS ALONE IF I COULD......:devil

09-18-2002, 03:24 PM
You will need to rejet.

Krazy Kid
09-18-2002, 07:47 PM
my cousin has the full system and boy is it loud. If ya wanna talk about loud... on his 250r he has a paul turne mid randge pip and a fat boy silencer and geeze i couldn't hear for 10 minutes

Pro400EXC
09-18-2002, 09:38 PM
WTF,there is no way the Slip-On T4 is gonna fit the stock header,your gonna need to cut about 4in off the stock header,then buy some 4in fence post,and have it welded to the stock header,and them weld the Silencer to it,and stick some pillow feathers in the exhaust,and it should quiet it down majorley...

You will feel a major gain,also screw the re-jeting part,I just took my stock main jet,and then a dril bit,and drilled the orfice hole out bigger,and drilled soem power main jet hoels on the sides of the jet's,and I got at least 10 more HP,with jsut the silencer,and my main-jet mod.....

Also, if you want mroe bottom end, take the head-pieps off,and have some welds put in it,so it will increase the back-preassure,and give you more bottom end!!

400exInMI
09-19-2002, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Pro400EXC

Also, if you want mroe bottom end, take the head-pieps off,and have some welds put in it,so it will increase the back-preassure,and give you more bottom end!!

Wow, you really know your stuff. You must be like a pro or something.....thanks for the advice; I will surely take that to the bank.

brokeitin3
09-19-2002, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Pro400EXC
WTF,there is no way the Slip-On T4 is gonna fit the stock header,your gonna need to cut about 4in off the stock header,then buy some 4in fence post,and have it welded to the stock header,and them weld the Silencer to it,and stick some pillow feathers in the exhaust,and it should quiet it down majorley...

You will feel a major gain,also screw the re-jeting part,I just took my stock main jet,and then a dril bit,and drilled the orfice hole out bigger,and drilled soem power main jet hoels on the sides of the jet's,and I got at least 10 more HP,with jsut the silencer,and my main-jet mod.....

Also, if you want mroe bottom end, take the head-pieps off,and have some welds put in it,so it will increase the back-preassure,and give you more bottom end!! I would have to say 10, maybe.

oynot400
09-19-2002, 08:10 AM
You can get by without rejetting, but you will see more power gains if you do. ;)

Pro400EXC
09-20-2002, 02:17 PM
haha dudes,i was j/k

400exInMI
09-20-2002, 02:25 PM
i already cut 4 in off of the pipe, bought the fence post and welded it to the stock header. i then proceded to weld up the holes on the head pipe for more back pressure, your telling me this was a joke......OMG..........JK.......Imagine though if someone really did listen to you............

I bought it for 199.99 and the guy threw in the main jet. not bad, i think.

400exInMI
09-23-2002, 04:18 PM
Well i put the exhaust on, very easy and it runs good, stronger on the low end. I didn't change my main jet. Road it around for a few minutes and the plug color was still dark brown, almost black.....I am going on a ride this weekend and will find out then if i need to install the jet. And boy let me tell you, this exhaust is Loud....but sounds awesome......thanks to all for the help......:devil