PDA

View Full Version : Wanted MHSC info

markk
12-17-2006, 04:59 PM
Myself and up to 3 other freinds/racers or mine where planing on hitting 11 outa the 13 GNCCs this year, But weve all got bills to pay and quads to keep up. So after everyone went threw there bills and and figguring out what it would cost us all, we decided to try a 1/2way local series, and i beleive that we are going to run all the MHSC races.

I would like to know a few things.

?1. How are the tracks compaired to the GNCC (tight or open)
?2. In district 17 im a fast b-rider/slowA rider what class should i run?
?3. Are there any vendors at the tracks? (fuel,gloves,goggles ect.)
?4 and about how many riders do you usally have on quads?

thanks for any info
mark knox

DJJ450r
12-17-2006, 05:36 PM
The tracks are tight compared to GNCC and they don't get as rough because there isn't 800 people racing. There's usually around 100 quads at each race. As for which class you should run, what class do you run in GNCC? I won the B-class in MHSC but I can barely get into top 10 in OPEN B at the GNCC's. Hope this helps and hopefully see you on the starting line:devil:

for other information you can go to www.mhscracing.com

Johnny & Monica
12-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Mo. courses are tigth an tech. alway a good course , Never any vendors an no need for a AMA/ATVA card , Almost always over 100 -175 in riders all at once no morning no afternoon , You would love it :D They have a vet-b an young b or A-class an AA-class An your other age classes an c-classes with a 2-3-4 class an beginner with youth classes afterwards . Do you need the web site ?

markk
12-17-2006, 06:02 PM
No i have the sight under my favorits. I think you will probley be seeing a few of us Centrlaia Illinois guys there.

yfz450xc
12-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by markk

I would like to know a few things.

?1. How are the tracks compaired to the GNCC (tight or open)
?2. In district 17 im a fast b-rider/slowA rider what class should i run?
?3. Are there any vendors at the tracks? (fuel,gloves,goggles ect.)
?4 and about how many riders do you usally have on quads?

thanks for any info
mark knox [/B]

Mark, I run some of the District 17 courses and they are wide open compared to our MHSC series, but you will do fine.
All the others veiws are correct as well , I think you will be happy with the MHSc series, and if you go to yahoo maps you can figure out which ones fit the budget best. compition is stiff during the race but there is no cut throat before or after and no one talks smack, and those that do usually get shoned real quick in MHSC.
Hope to see ya.
Scott :D

markk
12-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Sounds like our kind or racing, If everyone goes that said they would like to run it with us, it should be Me, Big Bad Beny, gnccracer450,racer300, and mabey The Eddy.

We are trying to hit the whole series. Around here most of the practice riding we do is in tight woods.

Oh yeah, how is the scoring done in MHSC??? Just tell me that its better than LTM:confused: (casey illinois)

watts16
12-17-2006, 08:26 PM
LOL much much better than LTM. Heck I think anything is better than their way. MHSC uses a scoring puck in your helmet. Real fast scoring. Scorer waves the wand over your head... see your number and go.

montycarlo
12-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by yfz450xc
no one talks smack

OK maybe a little smack but it's good for the soul. :)

markk
12-21-2006, 07:09 PM
Everyone always talks a little smack to there friends!!! Iv already let it trash talkin begin with the guys that ill be going to show up with!

geogeorge
12-23-2006, 03:15 PM
Great group of people, i think you will love it.

As for trash talk, I thought everyone did that. Also its not trash talk if you can or have done it.

Right Johnny:devil:

I would say race one of the B class to start off with, if that is to slow you can always move up in class but once up you can't move back down. We have had some try this and problems so I alway say start low move up.

No venders but we do have port a potties and food at the races. :D

Also I think you will find that almost everyone is willing to give a hand.

Most of the tracks are tight but we do a few that are open and fast. Not GNCC open but still open.

any other questions feel free to call me I'm on the contact list on MHSC site.

Geoff George

Thanks for thinking about running MHSC I think you will love it.

markk
01-20-2007, 08:13 AM
What color backgrounds,and numbers do we need to run in MHSC in the b-class??

DJJ450r
01-20-2007, 08:33 AM
doesn't matter:blah:

the Z Man
01-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Yea, it sounds fun. What color do we need?
When is Kahoka?

DJJ450r
01-20-2007, 08:48 AM
Mar. 31st - Apr. 1st
Midwest Motorsports ATVs on Saturday
Kahoka, MO.

markk
01-20-2007, 12:05 PM
thanks for the info!!!!!

tprender
01-20-2007, 05:53 PM
New for this year will be colored stickers for the back of the helment. Will have to wait till the 1st race to find out the colors for each class.

markk
02-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Does anyone know for sure what kinda start we are gona be doing this year??

I still say i like the good ol XC dead engine starts!

That just my 2cents though.

watts16
02-07-2007, 08:05 PM
There's a new rule where you have to start in front of the bike with the front tire between your legs or something

markk
02-08-2007, 07:06 PM
with the motor dead also?? and do we run our teather cords?

watts16
02-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Yeah dead engine.

tprender
02-09-2007, 04:36 PM
You mean that you have one that realy works? Most of the time they are just for show in XC racing.

nicker71
02-09-2007, 05:02 PM
I racd the MHSC last year for the first time and had a good experience. I plan on doing it again this year but in B class. Hopefully wont have so DNF this year. Always found people there to talk with and give me good advice.

markk
02-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by tprender
You mean that you have one that realy works? Most of the time they are just for show in XC racing.

:chinese: !!!HUH!!! :chinese: :macho :macho :macho

markk
02-21-2007, 09:57 PM
I was looking at Sign up practice and race times, What exactly is atv practice?? We ge get to walk the track, or ride it?? What all can you don during practice?

Johnny & Monica
02-22-2007, 05:18 AM
You get to ride your quad around the track for one lap to test your quad or look for danger zones etc.

tprender
02-22-2007, 07:20 PM
If it is real muddy, I would not go out for a pratice lap. You might not make it back or ? A word of avice from someone old and wise. Have to save the body.

markk
02-22-2007, 09:41 PM
what time do most people start to show up at the track, I think we have about a 5hr drive since we are takin off from my friends house.

Johnny & Monica
02-22-2007, 09:52 PM
There's usually quite a few that camp the night before and some come early and some are always pulling in at the last minute and running for signup. Looking forward to a race but not a muddy one. Does anyone know how dry the creek is right now. Supposed to start raining here tomorrow afternoon. :eek2:

bjones
02-23-2007, 02:23 AM
Hey Johnny I'll look you up this weekend at the race I'm gonna stop by on my way to the Lake of the Ozarks for a family thing Bryan.