PDA

View Full Version : Any Euro Tuners?

Nick110
12-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Well ever since my brother got his VDUB I have been curious about them. He let me drive it and it has a really nice feel and the power is pretty decent for a 4 cylinder. After some research on the internet and talking with other enthusiasts I have come to like them. My brother has done some little mods to his car and I bought him some stuff for X Mas. Right now I am leaning towards buying a 1999.5-2004 Golf 1.8t or VR6 in the summer.

Is anyone else a Volkswagon or Euro enthusiast on here? Post your car if you are.

12-17-2006, 03:25 PM
I wanna get like VW to tune. My mom has a new beetle and that thing handles soo good lol. but i'm stuck with my blazer.

MOFO
12-17-2006, 03:48 PM
My wife and I are both VW nuts.... BTW, its spelled Volkswagen

We have owned a 86 GTI (8v/5sp), 99.5 GTI (2.0/5sp), 99 Beetle (2.0/auto) and currently own a 2004 GTI 1.8T 5spd.

Next year this will be in our driveway... I talked my wife into it. Hopefully a TDi 6sp manual w/ AWD. :D

Nick110
12-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Do you have anything done to your GTI?

MOFO
12-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
Do you have anything done to your GTI?

Not yet, the wife drives it (its her daily driver).

Right now its in winter mode with steel wheels and Blizzak WS-50's.

One of these days I'm going to chip it and not tell her, then see how long it takes for her to figure it out. :D

When we get the Tiguan and the GTI becomes a weekend car, I'll do a bit more (suspension, brakes...etc). Being a daily driver, we need all the ground clearance we can get around Pittsburgh with pot holes and snow.

Nick110
12-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Not yet, the wife drives it (its her daily driver).

Right now its in winter mode with steel wheels and Blizzak WS-50's.

One of these days I'm going to chip it and not tell her, then see how long it takes for her to figure it out. :D

When we get the Tiguan and the GTI becomes a weekend car, I'll do a bit more (suspension, brakes...etc). Being a daily driver, we need all the ground clearance we can get around Pittsburgh with pot holes and snow.

Oh I see. Deffinatly post pics when you get that VW suv.

Stevie-D
12-17-2006, 05:55 PM
if i was in the market for a car, the jetta would deffinately be my choice. VW definately makes some nice automobiles;)

Smokin 440
12-17-2006, 06:27 PM
One of my buddies has a Jetta 1.8T, just has an intake right now, soon to have a tuner and exhaust...

I want to get an Audi S4 Bi-turbo in a bad way... One I was interested in was a 2000 with 140,000 miles and was already modified but all the stuff was removed... It was usually driven in a spirited fashion so idk...

The Jetta