PDA

View Full Version : Dumbo

Quady
12-17-2006, 10:27 AM
Ive seen couple of LTRs got rid off those Dumbo ears (i.e Front Fender extra ends) do you just trim them? if yes? how? or shall just buy an after market from these guys? below link:
http://www.maier-mfg.com/shop.cfm?action=list&page=list.cfm&criteria=101&makeid=40&modelid=463

Would like to sacrifice dumbo ears to gain some AeroDynamic advantage speed!

jason14x
12-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Its more a clean up thing. The actual advantage as far as speed you gain is slim and none for MX. For flat track you may gain abit but unless you just dont like the look then I wouldnt bother. Believe it or not they actually keep mud off you in muddy conditions and protect you from roacks and other debris. I used to cut my fenders as well but find the advantages outweigh any advantages.

Jason

mx1791
12-17-2006, 02:28 PM
those maier already cut ones are really nice though, i like the nose part, looks like a yfz.

Baracudaaa
12-17-2006, 06:49 PM
For MX, my front fenders would load up very heavy with mud, thats why I cut them off. It felt like they would load up with about 15 lbs before it would start to break and peel away. Now the bummer is I look like I was in a mud wrestling contest after every ride now, oh well.