PDA

View Full Version : Riding in Kansas

yernkie
12-17-2006, 09:28 AM
I live in Eastern Kansas and some buddies and me are looking for some new places to go riding. We have private ground, but the same scenery gets old after a while. Anyone ever rode up at Perry Lake St Park? Anyone know of any other places with 150 miles of Kansas City?

rockman
12-17-2006, 03:38 PM
You should check this out.

Thread (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=160713)

Where do you live?

yernkie
12-18-2006, 02:02 PM
Paola. 30 minutes south of KC.

We are always looking for new places to ride. We should get all KS riders together for a ride sometime.

yernkie
12-18-2006, 02:36 PM
rockman...

where is this place that you speak of in the other thread around osawatomie? i live very close and i thought that i knew all the local areas.

firman2193
12-25-2006, 11:35 AM
that place is just south of the main part of town off 351st street. if you get off 169 at the second osawatomie exit go throuh town to the second stop light. there is a bank on the corner. go south to 351st and take a right (west) go to the end of the road around the curve and over the levy. i have been there several times its got some good trails. i live in between louisburg and paola if you want to ride sometime

rockman
12-25-2006, 03:39 PM
The easiest way I remember is to go south on the main street until you come to the chinese place right before the bridge. You take a right there and then go west about a block.

yernkie
12-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Whats the story with that place? Is it privately owned or does the city own it? Do you need to talk with anyone to get permission to ride there?

rockman
12-27-2006, 04:52 PM
well i'm pretty sure all the land is public, the little parking lot/junk yard/ drag strip is privately owned, but across the levee its all public i think. you can park on the road across the levee, but we usually just park in the guys parking lot. i've been told he has no problem with people riding there. If someone else knows FOR SURE what the story is by all means speak up. I'm just telling you what we've done as well as others that were riding there. In the summer it can get pretty busy.

450rJam
12-31-2006, 11:21 AM
I live in osawatomie, its brewers place.
he lets anyone ride there, has a small mx track some pretty good trails and a drag strip that is getting pretty ruff.

if its been wet it gets real muddy.

he is a real nice guy (owns a local tow company/auto repair shop)

I'll run down there with you guys if you want someone to show you where to ride and where you get in trouble.