View Full Version : cr v-force or the trx v-force

pimpt250r
12-17-2006, 08:51 AM
they have different part # but whats the difference
i wanna know so i can make my choice for the top end rebuild
thanx in advance

C-LEIGH RACING
12-17-2006, 08:56 AM
One for the CR bike could be for the newer model bikes, that cage is different from the TRX.
Neil

pimpt250r
12-17-2006, 09:24 AM
the part number on the cr is for the 86-01 models ,,,,and if a cr cage is compatable on a trx how can it be different

250r4life
12-17-2006, 10:17 AM
its not the same... its shorter and has a different angle to it... i had the CR boyeson rad valve and i hated it... used it for a few months and then bought the trx one... its a pain to get the boots and carb to line up...

matt250r21
12-17-2006, 03:22 PM
The Boyseen Rad Valve for the CR250 on a TRX motor is a pain to line up, this is same reason I sold mine. But OEM Honda CR250 boots are not to hard to get everything lined up nice. I've heard that the V Force 3 CR cage for 86-01 in a TRX motor is not recommended because the reeds don't last long. Sounds like BS to me, I have one in one of my motors and it works good.

jthunder31
12-30-2006, 05:18 PM
I just fit a CR cage (VF III) and a UPP boot and it looks just fine in the ESR/NIKS 350PV cylinder we just got!!!!!

OK-I just had to mention the shop "R" somehow. We (our shop) are assembling an ESR 350 PV ICE TT machine!!!!!!

I'm pretty stoked because the frame just came back from the coater and the ENGINE CASES were machined yesterday!

I'll prep the cases and start putting this thing together this week!!!

Anyhoo, the V-FORCE III fits like a V-FORCE II-PERFECT. Have fun-I will!!!!!:devil:

86 Quad R
12-30-2006, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by matt250r21
The Boyseen Rad Valve for the CR250 on a TRX motor is a pain to line up, this is same reason I sold mine. But OEM Honda CR250 boots are not to hard to get everything lined up nice. I've heard that the V Force 3 CR cage for 86-01 in a TRX motor is not recommended because the reeds don't last long. Sounds like BS to me, I have one in one of my motors and it works good.

actually im not so sure thar it is boo chit. some time back there were quite a number of cr250r v-force cages distributed to and sold by retailers as trx250r cages.

rumor had it that the cr cages used in the trx engines were breaking the reeds left and right and sucking them though the engine.

i know a couple guys here that had similar issues and after a bit of research discovered they were using cr cages in their trx's. :confused:

badtothebone250
01-02-2007, 09:55 AM
do they make vforce 3 reeds for the trx anymore because the local shop said he couldnt find any and if they dont then i might try the cr setup.

jthunder31
01-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Magnum Distributing/Magic Racing lists the TRX the same as the CR. The cages are and always were interchangable.

The only reliability issue I've ever encountered was when a foreign object (read water) were introduced to the petals.

However, the design of the VF III cage is significantly different than the VF II cages I have had experience with.

I'm going to find out for myself real soon! I bet the VFIII will be just fine.:D

bkabina
01-03-2007, 11:19 PM
I know on the VF3 reed cage for the CR and the TRX everything is exactally the same except the stuffer,On the CR stuffer the inlet is not quite as big as the TRX.

C-LEIGH RACING
01-04-2007, 09:00 AM
If you read back in some post, around a year about the V Force cages & the problems encountered from them, it was when the petals were changable from low rpm setting to high rpm setting.
Not long after people started having the problems & V Force was made aware they started including a paper in each new one sold stating NOT to change the settings.
Later, V Force changed the cage so that the reed settings couldnt be changed. I think that was the same time the VF 3 came out.
Problems were comming from where the reed settings were being changed, not seated right in the cage body itself & ending up in sucking a reed through the engine.
The cage worked fine long as the buyer didnt fiddle with it.
Only people I remember having problems with them were some banshee rider trying to get more bottom end.
Neil