PDA

View Full Version : New guy here

JDMThoughts
12-17-2006, 06:59 AM
Hey what's up everyone, just thought I would introduce myself. My name is John and I am from southern NJ. Haven't gotten it yet, but should have my 400EX within the next week hopefully. I have been searching through the site and after reading a lot on exhausts, everyone seems to prefer the Yoshimura setup and me personally would like to go with the Pro Circuit pipe as it always seemed to be good on dirtbikes. I really like the Ti-4 as it is made from lighte titanium. I keep reading there is proof of this exhaust not being too good, but I searched and couldn't find it. If anyone can share some info on this I would appreciate it.

81 clark racing
12-17-2006, 07:13 AM
hey welcome 2 the site. i have the procircuit T-4 and i love it. no problems with it great overall performance. i have no complaints and i wouldnt get rid of it for another pipe. few of my buddies i ride with also have t-4 and there awesome. alot of guys on here will tell you to go with HMF OR CURTIS SPARKS for the 400ex. but its your decision.

JDMThoughts
12-17-2006, 07:22 AM
I am really just looking for the best setup for the quad. I like the Ti-4 Pro Circuit pipe due in fact that it is made from titanium. Whenever you can shed weight somewhere it will help you in every aspect of performance from cornering, braking, accelerating. I see Yoshimura has a Pro Series Tri-oval titanium unit as well. I just would like an answer with someone backing it up with legitimate dyno charts. Thanks for your input.

Eviltanker
12-17-2006, 07:44 AM
Look in the Dyno section. I don't know if there is anything in there but it is worth a shot. And welcome to the site. You don't live terribly far from me, maybe we can go ride sometime.

JDMThoughts
12-17-2006, 07:50 AM
I already searched through the whole dyno category to find answers and still came up with nothing. Your from Easton PA, I think that is like 2 hours from me. I know a guy over there who does tuning on cars... Jeff Evans, I buy parts from him from time to time.

Eviltanker
12-17-2006, 08:07 AM
Nah Dude Eastern PA as in around Kutztown University. I work in Philly though if that helps.

blasterandy
12-17-2006, 08:27 AM
Get the HMF(105db-w/ QC is 96DB i think) its a tried and true exhaust for the 400ex. Pretty much everyone on here will tell you this and the majority of people have one. Go to the website in my sig and he sells em for 228$ +Jets, color you want, and spark arrestor. If it is to loud leesons motorsports ebay store sells the quiet core for 23$.

JDMThoughts
12-17-2006, 08:43 AM
I don't care how loud it is... I race cars, nothing can come out of a bike that will pierce my eardrums like uncorked rotary motors. Is there really any reason to buy the HMF other than the fact everyone has one. I am very interested in the Yosh titanium and the Pro Ciruit. I just haven't found any definitive info that tells me what the the better exhaust. Price doesn't really matter to me and I am preferring to get a complete exhaust.

honda300EXtreme
12-17-2006, 10:16 AM
get the hmf because it gives you great power across the band and it sounds awsome and its an overal quality pipe, if you have power questions go on there website just my 2 cents

Eviltanker
12-17-2006, 12:22 PM
It comes down to where you want your power and torque. Yosh and Hmf will give you better bottom and mid. Thats from my expierience.

procircuit406ex
12-17-2006, 01:23 PM
I love my Procircuit, tons of lowend/midrange power gains. But if I bought another pipe it would be Sparks...

onesexyrider609
12-17-2006, 05:41 PM
John, where in Southern SJ are you from? When you say JDM, and you mentioned you race, I'm assuming your talking about Japanese Domestic Market. But yeah, where are you from, I'm by Ft. Dix.

JDMThoughts
12-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Yes I drive Hondas. I own two Integras and two Civics. One Integra is my daily and weekend warrior, GSR and I have an EG hatch I am working on at my friend shop for drag racing. I have an EF hatch which is gonna go in the spring because I don't have time for that project. I also have a DA Integra which was my first car and is my lifetime project car. I live in Barnegat to be exact. I actually pass by Fort Dix all the time to work on my car at my buddies house.

onesexyrider609
12-18-2006, 02:56 PM
Im actually looking for an EG shell. I live in Browns Mills, I think I might know who you are.

JDMThoughts
12-19-2006, 04:51 PM
So I took delivery of my 2000 400EX last night and finally got to ride it for more than 5 minutes in my yard today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120063729355&rd=1,1

The DG bumper was replaced with a 450R unit and the nerfs aren't on it either. Otherwise it still is the same. I am really impressed with the power on it, I guess because the last toys I rode in the dirt were blasters and KX80s. I am gonna ride stock for as long as it takes me to get familiar with the power. It does have a 16T front sprocket which makes the gears taller(correct). I am very content with it as is. First upgrades will definitely be some serious riding gear. Helmet and gloves just aren't cutting it right now.

2004exrider
12-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Congrats on your new quad! You'll have plenty of fun with the ole 400.

Jimmy

JDMThoughts
12-20-2006, 04:39 PM
I just really can't believe how much fun this quad is too ride. I constantly get bummed out when I stop and check the gas tank and realize I need to head home to re-fill.