PDA

View Full Version : Down Hill

TWEP
12-17-2006, 12:32 AM
well ive stsrted up hill lmao ,lets see whos going down lol..i dont see any post about TECH. and Im new but this is 400ex everything.........posting pics is Kool, but lets make better riders.... we have the power and the means to do this......great site lets use it to help all........every type of ride we can plz help out we got noobs looking at us for advice. Lets try our best to keep the sport alive ,,,,,,,and help them compete :)

TWEP
12-17-2006, 12:48 AM
OK well heres a start dont use front brkes unless you in a tight turn then apply gently ,then nail the throttle and come out the turn ,nailed , but this doesnt work all the time so be careful........well I started this lets see if anyone shares skills or not :)

94F450SD
12-17-2006, 06:39 AM
another one of my favorite things to do on the quad.

going downhills i will lean back or sit as far back as i can.use the rear brakes to keep the speed where i feel comfortable.if need be ill lock up the rear brakes and lightly use the front brakes to keep in control of my speed.sometimes just letting it idle in first gear works.but again be ready to bail if something should go wrong.there have been many times where my quad has gone down hill by itself end over end.figure my body and bones are worth more than the machine.

blasterandy
12-17-2006, 08:23 AM
Doin wheeles down long but not steep hills. I just think it looks good.

†2005 400ex†
12-17-2006, 08:29 AM
best advice is to control your speed with about 95% back brake and applying the front brake very gently only when absolutely needed, dont ever stop on a hill just let the bike carry you down, if the back starts to come up on you bail, dont worry about the quad, remember a quad can be fixed......you cant

"THE ShoP"
12-17-2006, 12:20 PM
these are the hills i climb an i just put it in 2nd gear an use a little front brake..you can kinda c how steep the hill is i'll get some better pics up

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m271/JoeSaitta/TalabanHill.jpg

ncsmash
12-17-2006, 02:21 PM
I find the easiest thing to do is put it in first and let the bike idle down it will feel like you are going fast at first but it will slow down and dont use your front brake a lot :blah: :macho