PDA

View Full Version : question about sparks exhasut

Hondaexboy
12-16-2006, 03:02 PM
hey
i was thinking about getting a curtis sparks exhasut for my 400ex
is the x-6 for more modified motors only?
what if i use that on a stock motor,...was also thinking about getting a hotcam as well
thanks

blasterandy
12-16-2006, 03:49 PM
It will be fine on a stock motor and will be noticable. But they are better at bringing out more performance on moddified. If you arn't planning on doing any motor mods get the HMF I got mine a few days ago and it is awsome. But a little on the loud side if your best bet is to get it with the QC spark arrestor.

Hondaexboy
12-16-2006, 06:10 PM
so will it be just the same if i have a stock engine over a modified one? what about if i just get like a hotcam?

blasterandy
12-16-2006, 08:35 PM
If you get a hotcam instead of a exhaust... No, I wouldn't I would get an exhaust first to let it breath. If you mean to get both a stage 1 one & exhaust it would be worth your while( the HMF would still shine in this area, when i say modded i mean a high comp piston, cam, or cam and 416 and up), you get better bottom from an HMF where as a sparks is equally good everywhere but has no real high points, however it is better on a modded motor, also a full system is almost a waste b/c the stock one flows pretty well in the first place. Most people who trick these things out will tell you to stick with the stock header.
just my .02

fastyz85
12-17-2006, 05:06 AM
sorry to steal your thread but blasterandy,i have a wiseco 11:1 piston and hotcams stage 1 cam, would it better to run a slip-on or full-exhaust and what one would you suggest, HMF or curtis sparks?thanks

Franky G
12-17-2006, 05:30 AM
If you have a motor that ported camed...... run a full exhaust that motors got to breed I run a Curtis Sparks X6 it gives you alot of power on high RPM's its a good MX pipe but if you just trail ride dont bother get your self a Yoshimura.

Hondaexboy
12-17-2006, 09:06 AM
well i ride trails some but i want to get into mx racing
i dont have really any motor work , the only thing that i was thinking of getting was maybe a hotcam stage one,...what do you think that i would be happier with, hmf or sparks x-6?(because i found an x-6 used for a good price)