PDA

View Full Version : Donny Banks Post on ATV Scene

dfesmire
12-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Found this over on ATV Scene Forums........Posted by DONNY!

dec. 16 10:12 a.m. I recieved a call from Doug Morris, It is official, I am out of the ATVA promoting business.
I want to thank you (racers, families, and friends) for the many memories and relationships over the past 20 plus years with the ATVA-AMA.

God Bless

Donny

Pappy
12-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Maybe he should fill in everyone with the rest of the story:chinese:

trx400exxracer
12-16-2006, 03:01 PM
Dang both of his tracks weren't far at all from my house hour and a half!!:(

jrspawn
12-16-2006, 03:05 PM
What the heck is going on with the ATVA? It just keeps getting worse, and better for the WPSA more than likely.

Justin

prepracing
12-16-2006, 04:20 PM
how about a little more info. Who is Donny Banks..............:confused:

hetrick_racing9
12-16-2006, 04:29 PM
probably gunna end up in the wpsa series if anything..

trx400exxracer
12-16-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by prepracing
how about a little more info. Who is Donny Banks..............:confused:

he was a GNC atv champ back in the 80's

he owns Eicheconne (spelling) and Paradise park

Eichiconne is(now was) a very popular trackon the GNC circuit!

Paradise was also a popular track they hosted the 2003 Georgia GNCC race at Paradise!

He also owns Capital Cycle in Macon, GA, its a pretty big dealership!!!:D

Dan_Guetter
12-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
What the heck is going on with the ATVA? It just keeps getting worse, and better for the WPSA more than likely.

Justin

Mafia

SRH
12-16-2006, 06:03 PM
the ama is putting time into this, havent paid attention to whats goin on with this topic, but if there going to try make quads mainstream, you can expect alot of change, not going anywhere having races in places the rest of america feels is the home of nothing but dumb toothless rednecks, thats not my view, maybe not atva either but the whole sport needs a image change,a structural change, and we need a supercross series we need to get quad racing to new audiences and broader audiences.... and we need the ama to help promote this, alot of people are gonna get **** on but it will be better, more professional and more money in the long run, there not gonna let wpsa run away with this

TWISTED
12-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Maybe he should fill in everyone with the rest of the story:chinese:

I'd sure love to hear it... In the past two years, the ATVA has gone straight to hell....

Premis
12-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Donny Banks was instrumental in forming the new WPSA series. He continues to support and work with the WPSA because it is in the best interest for the growth of the sport. He is an amazing promoter and person and has always been for the riders instead of for the money. In short, he doesn't fit into the GNC mafia plans.

250ex13
12-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
Mafia Rofl

TWISTED
12-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Premis
Donny Banks was instrumental in forming the new WPSA series. He continues to support and work with the WPSA because it is in the best interest for the growth of the sport. He is an amazing promoter and person and has always been for the riders instead of for the money. In short, he doesn't fit into the GNC mafia plans.
Hey Brad, Didn't they(ATVA) shove it in you deep also??? Also wanted you to know that I've been keeping up with all the ATV related videos since Quatros Locos days, and by far the best one I've seen so far is "Beating The Odds". Keep up the good work!!!

Premis
12-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Hey Brad, Didn't they(ATVA) shove it in you deep also??? Also wanted you to know that I've been keeping up with all the ATV related videos since Quatros Locos days, and by far the best one I've seen so far is "Beating The Odds". Keep up the good work!!!

I'm glad you liked Beating the Odds, it's good to hear it went over well since it has never been done before. Stay tuned for a sequel.

As for the ATVA thing, All the details are not really something that should be voiced on a public forum. All I will say is that the GNC promoters are not interested in ATV growth, they are interested in ATVers money. We disagreed with that theory and it caused friction.

Brad77
12-18-2006, 07:32 AM
I don't know this for sure, but I think that Donny may be getting out of the track business all together.

http://www.peeweemania.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29949

The tracks are for sale and also if you go to the WPSA series. Take a look at the schedule for next year. The Georgia venue simply says TBA.

I don't know the inside story on all this. I have heard some things but I will not say anything cause I don't know the actual facts. I have not talked to Donny himself, but I do know him and the next time I see him I will ask about it.

trx400exxracer
12-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Brad77
I don't know this for sure, but I think that Donny may be getting out of the track business all together.

http://www.peeweemania.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29949

The tracks are for sale and also if you go to the WPSA series. Take a look at the schedule for next year. The Georgia venue simply says TBA.

I don't know the inside story on all this. I have heard some things but I will not say anything cause I don't know the actual facts. I have not talked to Donny himself, but I do know him and the next time I see him I will ask about it.

I have also heard about this. I heard at one time that Paradise was going to be sold but now that Brad posted that, I reckon he is selling both of them. I remember the last race I went to at Paradise. I think it was the last race that was held there it was a Setra race!!! Hey Brad lets go in half and Half!!!:D

Brad77
12-18-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
I have also heard about this. I heard at one time that Paradise was going to be sold but now that Brad posted that, I reckon he is selling both of them. I remember the last race I went to at Paradise. I think it was the last race that was held there it was a Setra race!!! Hey Brad lets go in half and Half!!!:D

Sure lets do it. Uhhhhh, hey cam can you spot me some cash.:D