PDA

View Full Version : pickin up my new ltr wednesday

z400quadmaster
12-16-2006, 09:11 AM
hey whats up everyone i am goin to be pickin up my new ltr this wednesday. I was just wonderin on what to expect from this machine. First i had a warrior then a z now this im just wonderin cause of how hightec it is what there is to know. And how they performe i am a laeasure rider and the occassional track run up to rauch creek. ! question what would happen if i were to take out the spark arrestor would it cause trouble of any kind or not. I got the 4year extended warranty as well so im pretty well set. So thanks for any advice and comments on this il let yal know what i think when i get it till then balls to the wall its the only way to go.

z400quadmaster
12-16-2006, 09:31 AM
one more thing would i be able to run 89 octane into the r or not thanks.

suzukiray
12-16-2006, 10:21 AM
If you are going to run pump gas run the BEST you can get! It even says on the quad to use at LEAST 90 octane. Good luck, it's a great bike! Ray.

csimp3
12-16-2006, 12:55 PM
i got mine last friday, awesome quad, handles great, and all around fast, after my first tank of gas, i could feel the quad gettin faster, i love mine

250r4life
12-16-2006, 01:48 PM
good luck :devil:

rob-u/21
12-16-2006, 07:31 PM
When I first rode my LT-R I was somewhat dissapointed on the way it felt. But as soon as I took out the sparkarrester, removed the airbox lid, and installed a cherry bomb it was all good. Great bike, I'm sure your going to like it.

z400quadmaster
12-17-2006, 09:47 AM
how loud is the quad if i were to take out the arrestor and how hard is it to do i dont want a crappy airplane tone to it though. I really dont have the money to put a cherry bomb on it would it benifit to just take the arrestor out and the air box lid off or no. And do these quads really slurp up the fuel when ur breakin them in and if so they sould get better after there broken in or no.

250r4life
12-17-2006, 10:11 AM
you just spent 7k on a new bike, and you dont have $30 for the cherry bomb? somehow that doesnt add up :huh

Quady
12-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by z400quadmaster
how loud is the quad if i were to take out the arrestor and how hard is it to do i dont want a crappy airplane tone to it though. I really dont have the money to put a cherry bomb on it would it benifit to just take the arrestor out and the air box lid off or no. And do these quads really slurp up the fuel when ur breakin them in and if so they sould get better after there broken in or no.

I wouldnt recommend taking the lid off and spark arrestor with out installing cherry bomb! unless you want your motor to go lean "some what". Coz what cherry bomb does is enable more fuel to engine to stablize Air to Fuel ratio.

As far as gas consumption?!?!? those LTRs are PIGS man lol comparing with others!! doesnt matter before or after broken in! :huh

goodluck buddy