PDA

View Full Version : Racing Rincons

mike nash
12-16-2006, 09:09 AM
I've seen them at Unadilla GNCC and at the Atlantic Grand Prix series. Any one racing them here and what have you done to it?

the glassman
12-17-2006, 08:48 PM
i was wondering the samething.

MarylandATVcom
12-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Ive got a 680 pretty much ready for XC, Just working on getting the rider ready! :ermm: ~lol
Was there anything in particular you wanted to know?

Basically the Rincon out handles any other utility in the woods IMHO, But does lack the power when compared to other machines.

I found in the performance department there is really not a whole lot more you can do and continue to focus on over all Handling. Ive custom set up a steering damper added lower profile tires (Al Trac's) tire balls and elka elites.

~Coop

mike nash
12-18-2006, 02:01 PM
I've got an "03" so it's a 650. I'm racing an "04" 450r in the AGP series,and my rincon only gets used for plowing snow and family rides when I can't ride fast. So I was thinking I could run some PA harescrambles with the Rincon and not beat the 450 in to the ground in 2 separate series.

How has you machine done and what series or venues? I also noticed alot of ute's with beadlocks w/Bighorns.

MarylandATVcom
12-18-2006, 02:17 PM
I haven't been able to race my Rincon yet, for medical reasons. But raced a few Pa. harescrambles and a GNCC on a Prairie back in 04.
A guy that I ride with has run his Rincon in the AGP and took a first and the only thing he has done is Beadlocks and Big Horns. Not a bad upgrade at all if you cant swing the tire balls$$.
Ive always run the Big horns and like the tire, But found I like the lighter al trac's better and instead of Beadlocks I'm sportin ring wheels.

~Coop

400exc
12-18-2006, 03:35 PM
the fuel injection works good for you then riding it around? Some people around where i live have problems with that and have to get it tweeked to get it working right. Overall, how would you rate it. I am thinking about switching from the 400ex to the rincon 680.

MarylandATVcom
12-18-2006, 04:07 PM
the fuel injection works good for you then riding it around? Some people around where i live have problems with that and have to get it tweeked to get it working right. Overall, how would you rate it. I am thinking about switching from the 400ex to the rincon 680

I've got just about 2000 hard miles on my Rincon 680 and have not had any problems with the EFI. I have also done some Dyno testing with the Dynatech Controller and set the machine up one weekend with a Big Gun Exhaust and the controller dials in fuel delivery perfectly. (More Then likely I put it back on for XC racing.) I can own any quad I want and for now I'm sticking with the Rincon 680 ;)

~Coop

ZSNOW
12-18-2006, 05:52 PM
our dealer about 20 miles from here does custom work on rincons...he makes his own cams and big bores that he puts in them...we sent ours in for that and now sh** the thing will out run some sport quads now we have 26in mudlites and a HMF along witht he big bore and cam.

MarylandATVcom
12-18-2006, 07:21 PM
our dealer about 20 miles from here does custom work on rincons...he makes his own cams and big bores that he puts in them...we sent ours in for that and now sh** the thing will out run some sport quads now we have 26in mudlites and a HMF along witht he big bore and cam.

Hey Zack, you mind giving me the phone number or name of that local Shop. I'm interested in talking to them. Ive done a few things but haven't really be able to really wake the Rincon up all that much in the performance department?

Thanks Coop

ZSNOW
12-19-2006, 01:27 PM
i'll ask my dad then get back to u

400exc
12-19-2006, 04:30 PM
Ive always wondered, but what does it take at the minimum to make a 4x4 such as the rincon ready for xc racing? Im only asking MUST needed parts.

mike nash
12-19-2006, 04:58 PM
All you MUST have is a tethered kill switch.

400exc
12-19-2006, 05:02 PM
what kind of tire would you choose? I have heard good things about mud lites and the big horns?

mike nash
12-19-2006, 05:56 PM
I have the Holeshot ATR's on C series,if I raced with these I would mount on stock rims. In the AGP series Chris Borich ran a stock Rincon with stock tires with tireballs and took the win. Bighorns are supposedly good,I've seen them on racing Ute's.

MarylandATVcom
12-20-2006, 07:09 AM
I would say along with a tethered kill switch another must would be a full bottom skid that goes all the way back. I've bashed up my rear frame using skids that don't go all the way.
I've tried both and never had any luck with mud lites or holeshot ATRs, They just don't seem to hold up all that well in rocky conditions. Most use the Big Horn because they have very strong side walls. Unlike other radials that run a shoulder to shoulder radial pattern the horns run bead to bead. The Rincon stock rims are the ones to run, But they do need to be reinforce if your going to run them hard. (or have tire balls inside.) The Stock wheel offset is simply the perfect fix on the Rincon compared to the off set of cast wheels like the c-series. I've never cared for the cast wheels myself and have cracked and busted two of them. :( . BTW-OMF makes a nice 12" beadlock and can add rings to your stockers.

~Coop

2MuchChi450R
12-21-2006, 08:03 AM
Coop-

What suspension and steering damper are you running? I've been racing my almost stock Rincon for 2 years now in HareScrambles and my biggest problem is the stock suspension getting too hot by the time the second laps comes around and i have to fight the steering over palmettos. :mad:

I have a Mudbuster cam as my only motor mod, an lrd exhaust, and ATR's mounted on my second set of stock wheels :D

MarylandATVcom
12-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Im running Elka elites all around. I used parts off a Denton Damper from 450r. But the damper body from the R is a little on the short side, so I special ordered a longer body used on Sport Bikes. I mounted mine up front, but it could be mounted from the side if one wanted to get rid of the glove box and move some misc stuff around.

~Coop

http://atc90.tripod.com/marylandatv1/rindamp2.JPG

the glassman
12-25-2006, 10:12 PM
sweet. now all i need to do is sell my 250r project and get me a rincon.:)

2MuchChi450R
01-04-2007, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by MarylandATVcom
Im running Elka elites all around. I used parts off a Denton Damper from 450r. But the damper body from the R is a little on the short side, so I special ordered a longer body used on Sport Bikes. I mounted mine up front, but it could be mounted from the side if one wanted to get rid of the glove box and move some misc stuff around.

~Coop

http://atc90.tripod.com/marylandatv1/rindamp2.JPG

Thanks Coop. I've thought of doing the same exact thing with mine as far as stabilizers go. I know we have one from a Raptor that was never picked up, maybe I could experiment a little. As far as the Elkas, I think I'll be on stock suspension a while longer until I can get some better standings or a little more help from work. I have Elkas on my 450r and couldn't be happier :D