PDA

View Full Version : elka recs

ride_red666
12-15-2006, 08:51 PM
what is the difference between the recreational shocks with reivors and the ones without. like do the resiviors make that much of a difference like $400 wise? im on a tight budget lookin for good aftermarket shocks for my 400ex. thanks

400exstud
12-15-2006, 09:26 PM
I've got the tripple rate recs (no rezzy) and they are great. Best money I've put into my quad.

ride_red666
12-15-2006, 11:10 PM
hmmm i might just order them thenm put that extra money into tires

1fst400
12-16-2006, 08:46 PM
I had a set of ekla rec's. they where valved a little bit off. But where still prety close. They where loads better than stock but wernet where it was at. I would have saved myself the money and just got used stock 450r shocks instead.

04TRX400EX
12-17-2006, 12:17 AM
Depending on what you do with your quad, the reservoirs may or may not be necessary. The rezzies allow more shock oil and oil "transfer" throughout the shock so that it does not heat up as quickly which causes shock fade - or loss of the shock's correct dampening abilities. I have the standard rec series and love them. I ride my quad in various conditions from desert-trail riding to motocross and even the dunes so my shocks do not always feel the best in terms of the valving but it is a good all-around setting. The shocks, especially the rear, were the best money I have spent so far on my quad. If you are not planning to do serious racing, the standard recs will be great and save the money to put towards something else, like rebuild the rear shock! If you find that down the road the shocks are not good enough, sell them or you can always add on reservoirs.