PDA

View Full Version : Best choice, poll

trx400ex
10-18-2001, 08:10 PM
Alright....Which one should i do, pick the one you think would be most competitive at mx.

Both quads would have 18 inch tires plus 2 aarms plus4 axle,and all the little goodies,see sig below.

Quad A: works pro series shocks, cam, 416, full exhaust pipe, rev box

Quad B: custom axis shocks front and back, no motor mods

which one do you think i could do better on. please vote, and or give reasoning, thanks

10-22-2001, 04:04 PM
The Axis shocks are nice, but I think the Works plus 416 would get it. I like the 416 and the Works shocks are decent.:devil

Nausty
10-22-2001, 04:20 PM
How much better are the Works shocks than stock? The bigger jumps that I jump are around 40 feet with about 13 feet of air do you think that Works shocks would still be able to handle bigger jumps like that with Works shocks and still have the plushness of the stockers on the trails? btw I picked a because the 400 is a little lacking in acceleration I think.

trueblue450
10-22-2001, 04:24 PM
Uhh the works will completely be much better than the stockers.. Triple rates will give you the softest ride to the stiffiest landings. Instead of one tension like the stockers the works have the diffrent tensions for soft hits, medium hits, and hard hits. But elkas or more expensive shocks will do much better.

Nausty
10-22-2001, 04:49 PM
Seems like the axis would be something only the pro riders or a class riders would ever actually need.

10-23-2001, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
How much better are the Works shocks than stock? The bigger jumps that I jump are around 40 feet with about 13 feet of air do you think that Works shocks would still be able to handle bigger jumps like that with Works shocks and still have the plushness of the stockers on the trails? btw I picked a because the 400 is a little lacking in acceleration I think.

The works will handle anything you throw at them,,don't be discouraged by other posts on works quality,,they'll do the job,,,mine only bottom when landing flat from large jumps,,which is landing the wrong way plus they need revavled. They'll do the job trust me,,,,,,apples and oranges compared to stock.

250rmike
10-23-2001, 11:25 AM
i would go with the 416 kit and a set of pep or tcs shocks. the pep are about the same price and the tcs are alittle more expensive but they will almost never bottom. i have never bottomed them and i havent heard of anyone who has.(I said almost never cause it could happen) I have heard of people droping of the side of a ramp from about 25 feet in the air or more(about 10 to 15 feet off the ramp) and they just soaked it up. hope this helps