PDA

View Full Version : Tires for Coal Hill

KrazyKeith
12-15-2006, 06:53 PM
I am kinda stumped about which tires to buy. I had Razors they didnt work to bad but the stockers are better for the hill. I want better than the stocks but I dont wanna go w/ a paddle. If anyone has had good luck w/ any specific tire I need some suggestions. Thanks

MR.BIG
12-16-2006, 08:31 AM
I see alot of people run realotors.I run holeshot H.D. and I can do most of the climbs with them but they also work great on the trails. If I was going to stay in the pit the whole day I would just buy paddle tires.:macho

rap169
12-16-2006, 02:23 PM
I run kenda knarlys and they hook well but i saw a guy with a 400ex that had razr 2s and he seemed to climb hill really well. I was gonna give them a shot next. You are right though, the stock tires were really good for climbing. Maybe the maxxis i razrs? Where in PA are you guys located? Maybe we could hook up and ride sometime.

KrazyKeith
12-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by rap169
I run kenda knarlys and they hook well but i saw a guy with a 400ex that had razr 2s and he seemed to climb hill really well. I was gonna give them a shot next. You are right though, the stock tires were really good for climbing. Maybe the maxxis i razrs? Where in PA are you guys located? Maybe we could hook up and ride sometime.
We are anly about 40-50 mins from the hill. We are there every sunday and sometimes fridays. I was lookin at the kenda sport radials they look like they might shoot you up the hill pretty good. I have a set of knarly's they work ok but Im lookin for a little more grip I get too much spin and can't make the bigger climbs w/ them on.