PDA

View Full Version : Is 07 the best?

yfz stealer
12-15-2006, 01:13 PM
well i have a 04 yfz and love it, but now looking for a new bike and was thinking if the 07 are the best or do you guys think there completly change them for 08 like alum frames,wider a-arms,and EFI?

big700r
12-15-2006, 04:24 PM
im thinking for 08 yami will have efi in the 450 cause of the kawi and the suzuki 450 with it they have it in the 700r so just mater of time untell they put it in

whoamack22
12-15-2006, 04:55 PM
i hope they stay with the carb, yfz is just fine the way it is

CHEVYZ
12-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by whoamack22
i hope they stay with the carb, yfz is just fine the way it is Same here. EFI is such a waste IMO. It really is not needed, not to mention I would take a carb over EFI any day.

MXRACER86
12-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Are you people serious???? The yfz needs EFI in the worst way!:rolleyes:

250r4life
12-16-2006, 11:35 AM
i am glad i am not the only one who sees it that way... i dont see any point in putting EFI on the YFZ...

EFI is misunderstood- everybody wants it but nobody knows why... they just heard it was good and want the latest and "greatest" thing

250r4life
12-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by big700r
im thinking for 08 yami will have efi in the 450 cause of the kawi and the suzuki 450 with it they have it in the 700r so just mater of time untell they put it in

yah- and the LTR is the slowest of the 450s...

MXRACER86
12-16-2006, 12:28 PM
EFI is night and day! I have a yamaha and my friend just bought the new ltr450, and that thing never bogs!:eek2:

yfz stealer
12-16-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
i am glad i am not the only one who sees it that way... i dont see any point in putting EFI on the YFZ...

EFI is misunderstood- everybody wants it but nobody knows why... they just heard it was good and want the latest and "greatest" thing
IMO i think EFI will be a major help for any yfz owner
just by not having to re jet i have spent hours trying to get a perfectly jet bike.
WHY DO YOU GUYS LOVE THE CARB SO MUCH?

TWILES
12-16-2006, 03:52 PM
I don't see EFI being a good thing. Jets cost $4 - $5 depending on where you buy them. I think I remember the stuff from Yoshi for the LTR being like $700+. Then you have to know how to adjust it. Jetting changes slightly and rarely during the same season. I've seen from my WR450 that in between seasons where the weather is acting wild it won't run the best but when its HOT it runs the same and I've never changed the jetting, needle, or fuel screw since I got it running good. As for bogging, not to sound like a dick but the guys having that problem either really need to set up their carb or learn to use the clutch.

scarp
12-17-2006, 08:33 AM
i think they should stick with the carb because then almost anyone can work on them.. that electrical stuff is to complicated and it is harder to find out what the problem is.

SRH
12-17-2006, 09:17 AM
i dunno i rode a 06 ltr with cherry bomb and yoshi....fast smooth power, responsive too

250r4life
12-17-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by SRH
i dunno i rode a 06 ltr with cherry bomb and yoshi....fast smooth power, responsive too

not as fast as the yfz... who knows about smooth, but i dont care nor have a desire for smooth... maybe part of that is me coming from 2 strokes...

so why the EFI?
-it doesnt make it any faster
-from what ive heard the fuel consumption isnt any better
-i dont think any of the 450s have a problem with throttle response
-once you get a 4 stroke dialed in on jetting, changes in temp and altitude dont affect them that much... its not like theyre 2 strokes... i thought it hilarious that my buddy bought a fuel programmer for his 700r, and then had to go to a shop (after spending several hundred dollars for the programmer) and have it dyno tuned cuz he didnt know how to dial it in... sounds like a big pain and lots of money... sounds worse then jets to me...
-ease of working on them... you can work on a carb, with FI the dealership owns you... and i imagine when they start breaking it isnt going to be cheap...

thats why i say stick with the carb... if it aint broke dont fix it!

Bigun55
12-17-2006, 10:33 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree 110% percent with you:macho

CHEVYZ
12-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Same!

yfz450rida
12-18-2006, 11:12 AM
EFI systems do get better fuel efficiency but a carb will make more raw dyno horsepower than efi BUT... EFI on average makes better use of it because a carb will make max HP only when condition are perfect for its setting which in reality doen't happen when u consider elvation, temp, throttle position changes. A EFI will make better HP over the course on lets say a race. eg. when you go up a large hill it loads the motor and pinning it a carb will open wide open but since engine RMPs dont match the throttle position the carb is saying here the fuel, but the motor wilth low vaccum and(because it is not rev out to wide open and the carb is wide open.)and a load on it doesn't get exactly what it needs so ur not maximizing HP potential. What an EFI does better is calculate all that and places the idea fuel into the motor, which might not get you maximium HP but it is giver the motor a better fuel delivery and on average make better HP(not more) you may be lossing HP going up to hill but some where else like in a straight away or something the carb may be dialed in with the motor and make more. The way i understand it is a carb will out power a EFI in perfect conditions on a dyno but who has perfect condiotions all the time realisticly thats why EFI come in it make the best of whats going on. A carb also atomizes fuel a ton better the EFI and thats why is perfect condiotions it make more HP. So EFI is accualy better all around, but myself personally likes carburation because u get more of a hit with the motor, more of a hard hitting powerband, than efi. EFI gives you smoother less radical powerband and usable HP just my $.02 everyone should decide for them selve and don't knock it til u try it!!!

whoamack22
12-18-2006, 11:39 AM
my two riding buddies both have efi bikes, ltr and 700r dont get me wrong they are nice but complicated if something goes wrong, i just like basics ive rode both and are both smooth and the ltr doesnt get any better mileage then my 06,honda and yamaha should stick with carbs if they are smart

whoamack22
12-18-2006, 11:40 AM
suzuki and kawi put efi on theres for sales because the average joe will more than likely buy it for being supposably way better then the carb, not saying thats the only reason just a sales pitch over honda and yamaha

250r4life
12-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by whoamack22
suzuki and kawi put efi on theres for sales because the average joe will more than likely buy it for being supposably way better then the carb, not saying thats the only reason just a sales pitch over honda and yamaha

and it worked too cuz tons of people want that EFI and they dont even know why

TWILES
12-18-2006, 05:09 PM
If the EFI on the quads was like that on a car where it compensated for the amount of air going through with gas they would be great. THEY DON'T. Granted you still have to get controllers for cars and trucks to get the most out of them but its not a must. I think its a joke. If a guy planned on keeping one VERY close to stock it wouldn't be bad but I have no intentions to keep one that way. I'd rather have the carb. If they were like the EFI on a car they would be alright but since they are not when you go modding your motor you are starting from nothing where with a carb you have an idea where you are with the jets that are in it and you can ask someone who knows about what they should be and go from there. In my mind with the EFI controller you're basically taking all the jets out of your carb and slinging them and finding your own starting point. I've heard that one engine builder can build the LTR motor to the point that the fuelinjection isn't enough. That bothers me. I don't see Yamaha having that problem but I thought by 2006 we would be past the 2-stroke days of having to buy bigger carbs or in this case injection that would probably buy a few carbs.

woodsrider4ever
12-18-2006, 07:00 PM
If they put EFi in the YFZ then they shoul not put it direct injection for thoughs who want a carb dont do it liek suzuki has it!!!

yfz450rida
12-19-2006, 10:29 AM
i think the key there missing is an O2 sensor on the ltr thats why the system doesn't adjust the mods, because it only has 3 maps and it can only go so far thats why they should put o2 sensors so it can adjust to motor mods and exhaust and stuff with out buying programmers and remapping the bike every mod to get max HP

Tater049
01-05-2007, 06:59 PM
I think EFI would be a good thing. Especially for me, because I need it. I have a house of the top of a fricken mountain in Vermont and with EFI, it defientley performance wise, is better than a 450 with carb. Everyone knows, that EFI is way better at higher altitudes. Some people have different opinions and that is fine. My YFZ has a carb, and if it had EFI that would be sick. It all depends on what type of riding you will be doing. If you all on the roads, and trails that dont go over a certain amount of feet then, you stick with carb. But, if the 08' comes out with carb, **** the 04' im getting the 08'.