PDA

View Full Version : A couple of clutch basket questions

450RGNCC
12-15-2006, 11:04 AM
I am looking at buying the Barnett clutch basket because it has the little metal inserts over the basket "fingers". Is Barnett the only company that sells baskets like this?

Also, where can i get the cushions that go between the basket and the gear?

Thanks, Jason.

duke416ex
12-15-2006, 12:42 PM
I do not know of any other companies that make baskets with the fingers, but I have 2 seasons on my Hinson and have very little wear on the fingers. I do not know of anyone that makes the cushions, aside from ordering a stock basket from Honda and taking them out. Hinson said they were going to make them, give them a call.

thump4863
12-15-2006, 01:06 PM
I know I called around in June and no company is making the cushions....They have been saying they were going to make them since 2004. And to date no one is....I don't know why??

450RGNCC
12-15-2006, 01:25 PM
I just called and they dont have them. Do aftermarket baskets use bolts to hold the gear to the basket? If so, would the bolts pull the basket/ gear tighter together than the stock rivets? If they could be pulled tighter together, than maybe there would not be a need for new bushings. Has anyone tried this? Thanks, Jason.

duke416ex
12-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Hinson uses bolts, but I can't remember how tight they were held together. I think it is more of the cushioning factor to the transmission. Like the cush drive on street bike, just helps prevent stuff from snapping. I don't think I would even want to try it without some bushing in there.

450RGNCC
12-15-2006, 03:41 PM
No, I am not saying to completely get rid of the bushings, just use the old ones, and the clearance between the new basket and gear may be tighter?