PDA

View Full Version : 416ex

monstergt88
12-14-2006, 10:07 PM
sup guys. well tonight i took apart my whole engine. Seems that today when i was going to ride, my cam chain tensioner broke and it either skipped a tooth or did something. So i took apart the engine and figured that out. Im gonna bore it out to a 416. Im going with a wiseco piston and cometic gaskets. My valves are also shot. There full with carbon and everything else. I dont want to refinish the valves, i just wanna get new ones. My question is, what type of valves and valve springs should i get? Do i need new seals for the valves? Also, my chain was so lose for along time that on the side of the engine where the chain goes near the tensioner on top, it actutally made a grove about a 1/4 inch wide. Its not that deep in but im wondering, should i just get a new head while im at it? Let me know cause i need to start ordering stuff soon. Thanks

jfwyatt
12-15-2006, 03:15 PM
when tou say your valves are worn out. are they dished or broken. as far as the carbon goes thats caused by improper jetting ,valve seals leaking or piston blow by. if their just caboned up just soak em in carb cleaner overnight and brushem off. unless the seats are damaged you can sometimes get by with just lapping the valves good.other wise you will have to have the guides recut. always replace valve seals any time you remove the valves its cause even if their fine before you could damage them when you pull the valves thru. unless your going with a radicall cam your stock valve springs should be fine. if your at all worried about the guides replace em. also replace chain and tensioner. ive always heard when it comes to engines of any kind when in doubht no matter how small replace it.