PDA

View Full Version : How far will +2 a-arms stick out w/ stock axle

brink400
09-17-2002, 07:33 PM
I am planning on getting some Herrmann or Houser +2 a-arms. I was just wondering how much wider they are gonna be than the stock axle (stock wheels). I DO plan on buying an aftermarket axle in the near future its just that I dont have the money right now, so I will have to ride it that way for like a month or 2. Oh, and which axle would you rather have out of these two: Axcalibur or X-33? I was looking at a RPM Dominator but I am very poor and dont think I can afford it. But if I get more money than what I am expecting to then I will get a Dominator.

redrider ex
09-17-2002, 08:35 PM
:D

racerx573
09-17-2002, 09:37 PM
It is actually somewaht better for cornering if your front end is a lil wider than your rear. Makes it easier to "sling" the rear end around.

Ben
09-18-2002, 05:48 AM
Go with the LSR axle over the Durablue - they are getting a very strong reputation for quality axles and the price difference is worth it in the long run if it saves you from breaking an axle during an MX.

brink400
09-18-2002, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by redrider ex
4 inches wider

That might be the case if the front wheels lined up with the rear but they dont, It looks like the front is a little narrower than the rear, but not my much.

And thanks everybody for your help.

Sick0
09-18-2002, 07:15 PM
Well if you get aftermarket rims, most people get it with more offset, which gives you about an inch on both sides. Its still will lokk funny but I think you will be able to live with it.

MX26
09-18-2002, 08:39 PM
I'm just gonna guess that it'll be about 4" wider than it is right now.... So, get out the tape measure.