PDA

View Full Version : liquid cooled 400ex

yellow machine
09-17-2002, 07:19 PM
Has anyone ever attempted to make the 400 liquid cooled besides the guy in dirt wheels? sounds like a lot of work, anyone know what that would cost to have done? I think it is a good idea, if it was not too expensive. I think alot of people would have it done, dune riders in particular. If anyone has heard of some one who does this conversion please tell me!

tprender
09-17-2002, 07:58 PM
I heard that just to weld up the cyclinder alone took about 40 hours of labor. then you have the cost for the other parts and more labor. For all of that I would go and buy a Suz or a Kaw.

Big - D Racing
09-17-2002, 08:50 PM
The won they had in dirt wheels, which was a 500cc liquid cooled head, didn't preform well at all. The engine had a ton of problems, that's why you don't see it anywhere. tHAT KIT COSTS $2500 not installed. I talked to Four stroke tech and they told me that bike was just for show, it was not a performer. Even if you did attempt this you have to buy a whole new head that is made to be liquid cooled. Good luck and stick with the air cooled until honda releases their liquid cooled 450ex in 2004 (hopefully in 2004, I can't wait any longer than that).

VegasEx'r
09-17-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Big - D Racing
Good luck and stick with the air cooled until honda releases their liquid cooled 450ex in 2004 (hopefully in 2004, I can't wait any longer than that).

Or just buy a C-dale & show Honda what they loose out on for making us wait so long...