PDA

View Full Version : how do u get....................

honda4life72
12-14-2006, 03:02 PM
how do u get a sponser ship from a company? i not sayign i want one or anything i have just always wondered how people got em like did the sponserer see them ridding and tehne approach them and say hey you u want a sponser? or do u call em up or emaila nd ask for one?

rollie
12-14-2006, 03:10 PM
you make a resume, send it to the company, through the mail usually and if they want to sponsor you they will send you a sponsorship agreement form, with everything you need, if you send it back, your sponsored, if you dont they assume you arent interested in there offer and they move on to the next guy

rlplive
12-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by rollie
you make a resume, send it to the company, through the mail usually and if they want to sponsor you they will send you a sponsorship agreement form, with everything you need, if you send it back, your sponsored, if you dont they assume you arent interested in there offer and they move on to the next guy
Now when they sponser you do they give you the stuff for free, or do you just get a huge discount?

honda4life72
12-14-2006, 04:19 PM
yea i would like a sponser ..i don't race yet but am in january at my local track ..... i am 14 can i get sponsered?

honda4life72
12-14-2006, 04:37 PM
how should i write my resume up? what should it say and stuff

h-bomb450R
12-14-2006, 04:45 PM
all types of sponsorships vary. some companies have A, B, and C sponsorships. Most companies will either give you free stuff and half off or they will give you anywhere from 15-75% off of their products.

You just write up a resume including all of your info: Address, what series you plan on racing, what class, what your results have been if you've raced previously. What you ride (not the parts you have on it, just the bike). Also, the companies want to know what you can do for them. Include some pictures of yourself and you riding or racing. Alot of companies want to see what your set up is like (your truck/ trailer) and what your pits at your races looks like (this tells them alot about how you will be representing their company)

obviously i dont know everything about sponsorship, but im learning.

honda4life72
12-14-2006, 06:14 PM
well i am determined to make a name for myself in the quad world .14years old my set up is a stock 05 450r and a f350 wiht a little trailer lol not inclosed or anyhting justa trailer ..and will recomend there product to people and put there name in the wineer cirlce ..that ok?

h-bomb450R
12-14-2006, 07:50 PM
sounds good. just make sure that whatever you put on the resume, you make it sound professional.

dirtriderex
12-14-2006, 08:30 PM
do a search, people ask this every other month

trx400exxracer
12-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
do a search, people ask this every other month

^^^ please do more research before you send them a resume. Also it is a little late to start for the 2007 season. You will have to wait till next year for good sponsorships!

stumpleg
12-15-2006, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by honda4life72
yea i would like a sponser ..i don't race yet but am in january at my local track ..... i am 14 can i get sponsered?

First, learn how to spell sponsor right. I don't know how many people I have seen that have not spelled this correctly. This is a big no-no when sending out resumes. Companies do not want to see words that are incorrectly spelled.

honda4life72
12-15-2006, 03:31 PM
well i will do spell check of course :rolleyes: lol .. should i type it up or write it out? and how shoudl my resume sound? like can i get a example

Over-land 450r
12-15-2006, 08:56 PM
yeah your most likely not goin to gete any responces. Most of the companys that wil do anything for you are filled up and If you havent raced Before they wont care about you. sry try small local places first.

honda4life72
12-16-2006, 06:15 AM
yea i figured that ..i was just wonderign for next year and stuff...besides i already missed two races for the winter seris and so i can't be in the championship

JessetheKid
12-16-2006, 06:47 AM
list your accomplishments, and your plans for next season. Make it professional but do not make it long. Most people do not want anything over 1 page they do not want to read a report.