PDA

View Full Version : 440 head gasket

house23376
12-14-2006, 02:29 PM
hey hows it goin? i blew my head gasket again and i notice my valves tick. because of the blown gasket i noticed some scar on the head and jug. if i am to get these two surfaces decked then is there a thinker head gasket i should use to help prevent the valves from ticking.or can i double up a cometic steel gasket? thanks for your input.

440xcex
12-14-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by house23376
hey hows it goin? i blew my head gasket again and i notice my valves tick. because of the blown gasket i noticed some scar on the head and jug. if i am to get these two surfaces decked then is there a thinker head gasket i should use to help prevent the valves from ticking.or can i double up a cometic steel gasket? thanks for your input. I use the Honda gasket,use either GT Thunder studs or heli-coil your stock ones,follow torque settings to most people over torque their head. My motor is over 3 years old and aint blew one yet,stay under 11-1 compression and you'll never touch it:devil:

house23376
12-14-2006, 05:09 PM
thansk for the advise. do you think it is wise to double up gaskets to help me clear my valves? and what torque would any of you guys recomend , i was told 44 ftlbs by a honda of rarden mechanic. i use a wiesco 12.5:1 compression piston if that helps with the torque recomendation.