PDA

View Full Version : +1 LT a-arm question

Creech52
12-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Ok so im gonna be buying a set of +1 +1 LT a arms for the R and I was wondering what shocks to run with them, I know the +2 and +3 run a 19" shock but would that be too long for the +1's? Also would a revalved and re-sprung 450R shock work?

cdrookie
12-14-2006, 12:57 PM
you need to check with the arm manufacturer to see what length shock they recommend. but all the LT shocks i had were the same length, just spring rate and valving would be required to work on different length arms.

Kirt13
12-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Creech52
Ok so im gonna be buying a set of +1 +1 LT a arms for the R and I was wondering what shocks to run with them, I know the +2 and +3 run a 19" shock but would that be too long for the +1's? Also would a revalved and re-sprung 450R shock work?
I thought that there are only 2 sizes for the 250r shocks: stock length and long travel length??
If you have "long travel" a-arms you would need the long travel shocks.
My shocks are stock length and I have +3 a-arms.
Am I right about this guys???

fast250r
12-14-2006, 02:10 PM
Yep, your right.

Make sure when you order them that you tell them they are going on +1 arms so they will build them right.

cdrookie
12-14-2006, 03:40 PM
i'm not sure who all makes what for R's any more but it depends on what type of arm you're getting. for example, housers sli cast max clearance lt arm requires a different length lt shock than their standard lt arm. if i remember correctly lonestar use to make arms for cannondales that required 17" shocks and they considered those lt arms. a lt shock for houser arms may be different than lt shocks for roll arms. best to call the manufacturer and ask.

Creech52
12-15-2006, 08:43 AM
well They are houser LT's, and the reason I ask about the length is Im not buying new shocks, there is no way in hell im going to spend that kind of money on two shocks, its ridiculous. So there for id like to know what to look for when browsing used shocks. I seen a set of Elkas in the FS section on here for +1 a arms and they are 18 3/4" and man I wish I had the cash for them right now cuz they are CHEAP and probably just what I need.

D Bergstrom
12-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Creech52
well They are houser LT's, and the reason I ask about the length is Im not buying new shocks, there is no way in hell im going to spend that kind of money on two shocks, its ridiculous. So there for id like to know what to look for when browsing used shocks. I seen a set of Elkas in the FS section on here for +1 a arms and they are 18 3/4" and man I wish I had the cash for them right now cuz they are CHEAP and probably just what I need.

Your best bet would be to call Houser and find out from them what length shocks to use with there arms. Then you will have no doubts as to what is correct. Cdrookie is correct, the length of shock can very between manufacturer's. Usually +1,+2,+3 had no affect on shock length, it is just the design of the arms. Not really up to much on 250R shock length, but I know 450R's can very greatly on shock length, depending on who's arms you use. I have seen shock lengths ranging from 18" to 21" for long travel arms on 450R's. The other thing you have to watch out for is shaft travel, so the amount of travel the shock actually has. This can also very based on the geometry of the arms. Call Houser, get the info straight from the source.

Doug

cdrookie
12-15-2006, 07:16 PM
those are my shocks creech. you definately need to buy them!:p

Creech52
12-17-2006, 05:42 AM
If I had the money I would buy they no problem. Take any trades? all I got is parts and no money.

cdrookie
12-17-2006, 06:49 PM
there on ebay now, no reserve. maybe you'll get lucky?

Creech52
12-18-2006, 06:36 AM
well after I pay for my a-arms today Ill probably have like $60 to my name so I doubt Ill get that lucky. Ill keep an eye on them though just incase something comes up. Hmmm maybe Ill buy a scratch ticket today.....:confused:
Ok looked everywhere, got an item number?