PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone with a Pro Armor Skid plate

zdowell
12-14-2006, 10:40 AM
I am looking into buying a skid plate for my 400ex and just wondering how they line up and your general feelings on them. Just wondering if all those cut outs on the bottom ever catch on anything. Also if you could put your quad up on end and take a picture that would be great.

krt400ex
12-14-2006, 10:46 AM
i got a swinger skid...i will take some pics when i get a chance.

the thing lined up perfect, it glides over rough stuff. i have not gotten hung up yet. they take the hardest hits and DO NOT BEND. i hit a big *** chunk of concrete, and i thought for sure my skid would bent beyond repair. when i checked it, it didn't even have a scratch. i am amazed. they r worth the $$$ for sure. next on my list is the full belly skid.

zdowell
12-14-2006, 11:55 AM
sounds great. Anyone else have experiences with the belly plate?

awsomeaussies
12-14-2006, 01:02 PM
I have the belly skid. I have only had the chance to test it out a few times.... but it's defenitly tough! I bought the one that alloys you to use nerfs, but my dg nerfs where still in the way. I just had to move up the mounting bracket on the skid. But I'd recommend it.

†2005 400ex†
12-14-2006, 01:22 PM
I haver the swinger and body skid, i love them, i have hit boulders......literally boulders and thought for sure that i was gonna have to buy a new brake assembly, and when i looked at it there was absolutely no scratches on the skid plate or anything else....definately worth the money in my opinion

atvRiDa400ex
12-14-2006, 03:43 PM
i have the belly skid and its awesome...

i hit literally everything and it protects very well!

MO Quad
12-15-2006, 04:02 AM
I have the full complement of Pro Armor frame protection. Swinger skid mounted perfectly. A-arm guards are nearly perfect. The frame skid, while not up to my anal standard, went on just fine.

My problem with it is that the hooks that attach the plate to the frame should have been engineered a little better, imo. When mounted, the bolts were at an angle, not perpendicular, to the skid, therefore the flange on the bolt head didn't sit flush against the skid. A major problem? No. It just annoyed me. I was able to use a stack of washers as shims to help fix the problem somewhat to my satisfaction.

I've only had them on for a ride or two and I only hit a couple of rocks with them. They seemed to function just fine.

PM me your email address and I'll send you some pics. They are large pics so beware.

Regards,

Drew

Eviltanker
12-15-2006, 06:48 AM
Here you go

Eviltanker
12-15-2006, 06:49 AM

Eviltanker
12-15-2006, 06:50 AM
3...... Very good plates. I think they are well worth the money. Where I ride the terrain is pretty rocky and I am constantly bashing the swinger on rocks, to make a long story short, I have not bent anything yet.

mattn03
12-15-2006, 01:55 PM
How much do all the skid plates weigh? Is it enough to make the machine feel any slower?

Pappy
12-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by mattn03
How much do all the skid plates weigh? Is it enough to make the machine feel any slower?

no, and Pro Armor has its **** together. damn fine products that are IMO, the best fitting on the market right now

Eviltanker
12-15-2006, 03:23 PM
I second what Pappy said. I couldn't feel any diff.