PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the hype?

Needmorehp
12-14-2006, 07:47 AM
They will probably make it right considering xtreme hasnt. I have seen a bunch of typhoons sitting and the kids riding other brands, I guess they will be the official pitquad. Don't foresee anything more out of them without major changes. Wolda coulda shoulda? Make it right xtreme.

Spider 171
12-14-2006, 08:09 AM
I think they made a good looking machine, but that is where it ended.

RIAP
12-14-2006, 10:12 AM
IMO The Typhoon is one of the best all around ATV's for your money. If you are full bore racing it is a $2600.00 good starting point but not a National Championship winning machine. Neither is a $8000.00 stock Cobra. Anyone who races should already know you are not going to take ANY stock machine and be competitive with someone who spent the money to race prep one!

I sell more Typhoons to kids ( not always racing them ) who just want more for their money than they are getting from the Japanese MFG's. I would give Xtreme a little time to develop the Typhoon and you will have a great 4 stroke machine to ride and race if you wanted. I have had very little problems with the Typhoons that I have sold.

Those of you who race are only a small minority of the people who buy and ride the ATV's.

Just because you can't win races on a stock Typhoon doesn't mean it isn't a good machine.
JUST MY OPINION!!!

richmond559
12-14-2006, 01:33 PM
My kids is for duning and riding around the countryside or aunts house out in the country..his was never intented to be a race quad .gona put the 140 kit in it and pipe and 26mm carb and let it become a torq quad at the dunes ...ps he hasnt or dosnt jump the 20ft plus jumps so i think his frame will hold up i am going to put the cross brace at the bottom like some have mentiond . Soo ill say im happy with his .Ya i wish i wouldve waited so i couldve got it alot cheaper ...only regret...and it can be handed down to the next lil one in the family..(nephews & nieces)..my 2cents..

richmond559
12-14-2006, 02:14 PM
My kids is for duning and riding around the countryside or aunts house out in the country..his was never intented to be a race quad .gona put the 140 kit in it and pipe and 26mm carb and let it become a torq quad at the dunes ...ps he hasnt or dosnt jump the 20ft plus jumps so i think his frame will hold up i am going to put the cross brace at the bottom like some have mentiond . Soo ill say im happy with his .Ya i wish i wouldve waited so i couldve got it alot cheaper ...only regret...and it can be handed down to the next lil one in the family..(nephews & nieces)..my 2cents..

Needmorehp
12-14-2006, 02:31 PM
These things fall apart just riding in the yard, not even comparing to a race quad, everything would need to be changed anyhow. So it wouldn't matter about any machine. There isn't any tolerances to any parts, they are loose, so you would need to rebuild it from the ground up just about every part.

But that is for racing.

Good luck if you guys think these things will be around long enough to hand down. I have one like new, Open to any offers. We paid $2500.00. willing to take a small loss if you think they are so great.

RIAP
12-14-2006, 02:48 PM
Yeah, I agree with putting some extra bracing where needed for the type of riding that you are doing. They really are good machines that with some tweaking can be a great machine. Most of my customers are not racing them but just playing on them.

I have yet to have any Typhoon my dealership put together fall apart. Maybe the dealership that you purchased it from didnt tighten all the nut and bolts properly when they put it together...either way I have not had anyone complain about anything on the Typhoon at this point. Like I said though, most of the kids that have purchased Typhoons are using them for playing......$2600 MSRP for bone stock Honda 90 drum brakes...bla bla bla or $2700.00 out the door for a 125 with braided lines, disk brakes....etc. My money is spent on the Typhoon.

Just MY Opinion

richmond559
12-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Ive got about 20hrs of riding on it and he is no softy he rides it hard and weighs in the 110 range .Maybe your right dealer is one of the only extreme dealers near cen.cal and he must've done it right ..Went through last weekend and checked nuts and bolts nothing loose except the steering stem which i havnt fixed yet.......Dont be a hater .If you dont like what you have, stop complaining on this site and others and SALE it...Chalk it up lost money and get something else to complain about..And im sure ill have this quad to hand down in the future ..Thanks for listening..

Needmorehp
12-14-2006, 04:25 PM
I guess you all miss the point it should work right out of the box, no matter what it is, Honda, or eton, or even a cobra, never said I wasnt the one who said it was race ready but xtreme did? I just think they could hve given a better product for the money no matter who buys them? So I dont think anyone should get mad, just expect to get what they pay for, thst is a product with quality less defects. It could have been so much more. thanks for listening

YZ120
12-14-2006, 07:10 PM
i dont know where else you can get what xtreme gives for the money!!!!
dual a-arms that work, alum. wheels, billet throttle,alum. bars, nerf bars, billet axle hubs and carrier,snow hogs,holeshots,ect.
if your not happy with it dont buy it or sell it!!!
i wasnt happy with my predator 90 but i didnt complain i sold it!!!!

mxdad789
12-14-2006, 10:26 PM
needmorhp how can you say the Apex is the best mini when you have never owned one. I have the first year apex i will trade you for your typhoon even up lets see how bad ya wanna get rid of it. I just purchased a new apex from Billy Holt and am very pleased with the changes.. So if ya wanna trade let me know and we can end your whinning. By the way Spider same offer for you.

Needmorehp
12-15-2006, 05:22 AM
you will trade even up for a 07' Apex? Sure Where are you located?

mxdad789
12-15-2006, 06:45 AM
Man you cant read i have the first year of Apex i will trade. Its real clear if you would read so let me know im in Illinois ill trade ya. The 07 i just got from wrh racing and it looks pretty good stil some things to do. Or should i not do them and complain about it on here. Dont back out of the deal you hate the typhoon Ill give it a try.

Pappy
12-15-2006, 06:57 AM
Keep up the great work promoting a family sport.

RIAP
12-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Like Pappy said! This is a sport for the family 1st and racing second ( Racing is just MFG advertising to sell the 98% of the rest who arent racing their product ).

If you dont like the ATV you bought sell it and buy something you like better. *****ing and complaining on the forums doesn't fix your issues ( nothing usually will ). Try to use the forums to fix the problem not bash the products.

Forum note: *****ing section should be added for those who need to ***** and that should alleviate some of the time wasting sessions for the rest of us who use it constructively.

I think that you will always have issues with anything you are going to ride & race whether it is a $50,000 roadrace bike down to your little kids ATV. I owned a M3 BMW that was over $30,000.00 and it had problems so $2600.00 isnt that much to ***** about.

They are ridden for the purpose of having fun and in having fun they will break. If you had issues out of the box your dealer should have taken care of the product and if they didnt then you should find another dealer that will.

It is not rocket science!

Just My Opinion.

Pappy
12-15-2006, 09:27 AM
People have the right to voice a differing opinion on a product, and that does not make it bashing. It seems to me that a few that are closely connected with the Xtreme are doing thier best to promote the product and anyone who has a negative opinion of the Xtreme is bashing.

The thread starter IMO is correct, the quad is not living up to the hype. No where did he state anything further then what he has seen first hand. No where did he bash the quad.

Going down with the ship may be noble, but the ship still sinks.

RIAP
12-15-2006, 09:38 AM
I agree 100%! At the end of the day this is about your kids having fun on the machine you chose for them.

RIAP
12-15-2006, 09:47 AM
Pappy,
I agree to a point but certain individuals are posting negatives on any topic that shows up concerning Xtreme and to me that is bashing. It is unfortunate too see this as I coming from the Roadracing side of the business and as my dealership gets more and more into the Kid's ATV world I am finding this like some little league baseball crap! I have no time for it. I will find another site to get information from.

Kind regards

RIAP

Pappy
12-15-2006, 09:50 AM
The only place you will not find any negatives on a product is a site that is run by and supported by a certain company. They tend to run off those that have issues. Feel free to use what ever site you wish, it is a free country.

When you see negative after negative, by individulas who have no conections or loyalty, maybe one should take notice and give them a little credit. I also dislike bashing, but I also feel that when children and atv's are concerned a bit more emphasis should be placed on the quality of the product, whether it be a quad or replacement parts.

Pappy
12-15-2006, 10:13 AM
I would say to those that have been run off, good day. I feel the reason they may leave is based on other things besides what is posted thus far in this section.

i expect to see this section free of those that have left from here forward. Ofcourse, we know they will continue to come and continue to post even if it is under a suedo name.

this site is open to everyone, regardless of opinion or belief. If the BIG names cant handle that then thats is thier problem. Id rather hear the scoop from a real world consumer then someone backed by a big name or the big name themselves.

funny how one mans bashing is the same as anothers, just with a different view and on a different side of the issue.

Have fun:)

RIAP
12-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Pappy,
I dont find anything wrong with a negative opinion on a product but I think that if you are going to post a negative experience you should give more detail on why that is your opinion. If you dont post up with detail to me it is just bashing. Just because a bolt or screw fell out of a maching doesnt make it a bad machine. Maybe there is a reason the bolt fell out or the clutch slipped. That is what this type of site is about....in my opinion. You would come here to figure it out with others who have the same machine.

If I see a negative post after a negative post that is posted up by the same person I find it hard to take them seriously until they give up some more information on thier negative experience. If 1000 units are sold and one person had a bad expericence and contsantly posted negatives about something that occured to them doesnt mean that the other 999 are bad machines ... or am I wrong on this thinking?

Either way, I only came here to get information to help make my products better ..... not to argue about this.

The only place you will not find any negatives on a product is a site that is run by and supported by a certain company. They tend to run off those that have issues. Feel free to use what ever site you wish, it is a free country.

When you see negative after negative, by individulas who have no conections or loyalty, maybe one should take notice and give them a little credit. I also dislike bashing, but I also feel that when children and atv's are concerned a bit more emphasis should be placed on the quality of the product, whether it be a quad or

Pappy
12-15-2006, 10:36 AM
Again, you will get feedback based on what people are seeing with regards to thier purchase. I do not follow members around that are starting trouble unless I am made aware of that member. If you or anyone else feels like one person is purposely trying to start trouble, report the thread, we will handle it after reviewing it.

As far as the signature line, if i had to go through and delete every signature that has a product that is either being promoted or being used to warn others, Id just shoot myself:p Once again, being to close to a subject tends to polarize things like that, the rest of us dont pay much attention to it until a thread like this where it is brought out.

As far as the detail, the same can be said of the improvements claimed to a product. Its not ok to say the quad has issues from someone who may not know every possible fix or how to post it, but it is ok to try and sooth an issue by saying...just wait, issues are being addressed?

There are 2 sides to every story, I want to hear each side without the attacks and bashing. Unfortunatley it is ok for some to make up thier own rules as to what is right and wrong and assume the people running this site see it the same way.

richmond559
12-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Whats the old saying (you cant make all the people happy all the time but you can make some of the people happy some of the time ).....I work for fedex and this seems to be the story here..... I like constructive criticism . Without you wont see anything getting fixed nothing is perfect . Seeing all the negativity about this quad i was thinking i should sale it .But then thought and am seeing that its not a bad quad ya the hipe might've been blown out of proportion alittle and that might've sold more then if they didnt say (race quad)..can you say marketing.If something happens to break ,falloff,become loose,etc etc i hope that if i go to any forum that people with the knowledge of mini quads or full size quads for the raptor yes bad tranny on the 2001 that burned me for about 1,200.00 will help me without bashing putting down so on so on ..I know this is the real world and everyone is intiteled to there opinion...Thanks all..

RIAP
12-15-2006, 03:22 PM
DITTO!

YZ120
12-15-2006, 03:25 PM
whats the difference from this quad or any other import model.
they all have problems especially when you race them.
i suppose XTREME made a big mistake by quoting that the typhoon was a race model (wonder if they hadnt if this this topic would even be on here)

i dont know if any of you are into motorcycles (i am)
30yrs of mx racing.
talk about issuses-03-04 crf 450 hondas( eat valves)
04 crf250 (eat valves) 06 kfx450 kawasaki(broken cranks)
ect.
as i know of kawi was the only one to help with repair bills during the first six months of ownership.
we dont complain about these issues just fix them and carry on.
we are talking about the big boys here and they still have major problems year after year and still sell thousands of units.

we personaly own a typhoon 125 and have had great luck with it,even beat a apex last weekend(must be the rider) not the machine.

all we have done is suspension mods(which everone does anyways) and it holeshot the apex, again (must be the rider)hum!

xtreme is working very hard to resolve the issuses everyone is complaining about.

pappy i dont know you but after all i have read of all people you should know first hand nothing is perfect until you put your own effort into it.

let just all try to help each other out and (get along)

remember racers are like one big family.

RIAP
12-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Well put. I have been racing motorcycles since 1990 and riding since I was 8. Roadracing is my background and I ran the race dept for a major tire MFG for 8 years for N. America. I have been around top level Roadracing and MX racing for quite some time and even had the opportunity to work with alot of AMA factory riders. I am no newbie to the game of racing.

This being said, I come to these sites to gather good useful information on the products that my customers are using and the ones that I am selling. I take the good information and the negative information ( if they are sound information and from good sources ) and use that to help my customers make good decisions on their purchases. I just find it that the guys who cry about products tend to never be satisfied ( even if it was perfect ) and the guys who are winning are the ones who develop around the problems. All MFG's have problems but they all work to make them better, it just takes time.

PS the rider is 75% of the winning factor the bike is the other 25%. You either have the talent to win or you dont.

Pappy
12-15-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by YZ120
[B]

pappy i dont know you but after all i have read of all people you should know first hand nothing is perfect until you put your own effort into it.

B]

I never stated anything should be perfect, but a product should be able to be purchased and used as advertised with out repair. you dont sell a product that can not operate at the minimum of its intended use without immediate repairs from either the dealer or the buyer. This is not only related to Xtreme, it goes for any product. Buying something you know will need enhancements for severe usage is one thing, buying something that needs repairs before it can be riden is another issue.

Has the steering slop/bushing been addressed and fixed on the Xtreme? (I dont mean a backyard how to, i mean an honest to goodness fix from teh manufacture)

What about that Guy Cooper tranny? Is it in the production models now?(You can not tell people one thing, release another, and then lead them on with the hope of a stronger product)

I have not kept up on these issues, but I sure am hearing about what is breaking, it would be nice to see the actual fixes from the company instead of alot of wishful thinking.

richmond559
12-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Ok here we go how about for those who actually have one, state what has gone wrong with your typhoon if anything has other then sloopy stem and heal guards..Maybe just maybe we can get this problem addressed in a friendly way....

Pappy
12-15-2006, 05:20 PM
Thats the problem, the issues have been addressed to death and I do not see where Xtreme has fixed them, or am I wrong:confused:

Then we can address the front end issues, strength issues, and more! Ofcourse we wont, because if your not selling these things, you bought one and your *****ing about whats breaking....lol

richmond559
12-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Well pappy ive seen your test pilot and he can sky what he's riding ...I guess if its only riden in the dunes and not flown 10 plus ft then its ok couse ive had no problems..Ya i wish they would fix the problems im not holding my breath .But i think if you have such a gripe then keep calling xtreme or the dealer you got it from..I just get on these forums and try and get as much info that i can get good or bad... Ive said my peace on this and will wait for any fixes weather it be from xtreme or from others ive made my bed now i must lye in it...

RIAP
12-16-2006, 05:52 AM
If anyone has ever worked in the MFG side of the business then you would know that you just dont fix a problem overnight. There are production schedules, testing, and many other variables that take place prior to a change. You must fix the problem before you can change it. I would hope that Xtreme takes the time to fix it properly and not just throw a quick fix on the problem.

These issues take time to fix. Xtreme doesnt seem to be a stagnant company only selling what they have sold for the last 10 years. I only see them trying to fix the problems as the arrise like all companies wanting to stay in business making these products.

Pappy
12-16-2006, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by RIAP

These issues take time to fix. Xtreme doesnt seem to be a stagnant company only selling what they have sold for the last 10 years. I only see them trying to fix the problems as the arrise like all companies wanting to stay in business making these products.

Thats reassuring to those that have the unfortunate luck of buying a machine that has issues. I have a feeling if those supporting this issue had spent $2000 on a nice shiney new stainless steel refrigerator that had shelves that broke, a door that creaked, and barely kept the contents cold enough would not accept things take time from Maytag.

RIAP
12-16-2006, 07:25 AM
Well, I just was trying to give you the side of the MFG. Some people think that you just say fix it and its fixed and that is just not how it works. Obviously you have never worked in MFG side of the business.

I guess that no other MFG has problems or even fixes their problems?

I see that no matter how I play this you obviously will play devils advocate.

I didnt really come here to argue with you but to explain a situation from a MFG's side.

Out of here!

RIAP
12-16-2006, 07:27 AM
By the way I dont think you ride your Maytag like you do your ATV

Pappy
12-16-2006, 07:33 AM
Its ok, I understand. I called this issue long before you hit this site and before others even knew what they were getting themselves into. I get the same wait and see as everyone else.

Going to buy my niece a new mini quad today, it will be a Honda:)

btw, 17 years in the MFG business dealing with every aspect of the business.

Pappy
12-16-2006, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by RIAP
By the way I dont think you ride your Maytag like you do your ATV

Funny, we found several issues before gas was added for the first time, not after riding it:p

btw, how long has this model, starting with the 70 and 90cc been on the market?

And since you have me started, lets address this issue of fixing, tweaking, modifying this or any model for use. I concur 100% that if your going to RACE ANY model it needs work depending on the skill level and class to be entered. What about the average schmo who doesnt intend to race? The guy who buys one based on a sales pitch from an uneducated dealer and finds out AFTER he drops coin that the thing needs repair the minute it comes off the truck? I geuss we can just rely on the fact that every thing needs work and he can just deal with it eh?:p

Notice I did not name a MFG, because frankly it doesnt matter.

Pappy
12-16-2006, 07:54 AM
Lets look at the GNCC Youth 90 class.

Brandon Boso.....stock limited class, entire season on a stock 90 Predator, multiple class wins and top 3 overalls in 2005. He switched to the Honda 90 for the same Stock Limited class in 06 and continued to win and stand tall on the podium.

Go tell him and his crew that his quads need work before they can be raced BEYOND standard race prep in one of the most demanding styles of racing any youth rider could ever face.

Please leave the hype, it doesnt win races or keep a kid happy in the backyard.

YZ120
12-16-2006, 10:02 AM
pappy,i mentioned the predator then you, ours was a not a race winner out of the box,we tried dealing with our dealer on the problems only to find out it was a tiawan item and they claimed it would take time to get parts ect.i know as well as you that this model has been in production for years and still has issues, you cant tell me or anyone else that someone is winning on one right out of the box!

you know for being the moderater you sure are biased on your opinion.
you yourself said the dealer prep on the tester your boy rode sucked and you didnt even offer to assist in making it right.
im not saying the typhoon is great but you sure arnt helping matters either.

if you wish to give me the boot for my opinion go ahead,your site wont die without me.
but your site would do much better without your biased opinion.

OUT

Pappy
12-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Funny, I get way more positive feedback from those that WANT the truth rather then some sugar coated BS.

My bias is based on problems that are NOT being addressed. I never said the Xtreme was junk, but it has it's issues that alot of folks would rather not discuss. Ofcourse you are free to discuss the positives without being labled or called bias. The double standard doesnt fly with me as you can see. Sorry, this isnt a site where we will put up a sales pitch for notariety or in acceptance of funds or to gain notice in the industry. It is what it is and we are moving forward with what we feel is right. Bashing me wont get you anywhere, because you know what i am stating is correct wether you want to face it or not.

Brandon Boso was named, his quads have to follow strict GNCC rules with very limited add ons. Pure prep for the race and its conditions is about all that can be done to be legal for the class. yes, he is winning off the showroom floor.

Why should I have to tell the dealer how to properly set up a floor model? Shouldnt they be properly trained in how an ATV works before selling it to a KID? What about a parent who does not know anything about atv's? Testing a product in the manner that the MAJORITY of the consumers will use and buy it is the way it should be, not sell it and deal with the problems later.

I will ask the same questions that I have been asking since day one...when will the basic issues with the Xtreme be fixed by the MFG? So far all I hear back is more chatter and excuses from those that refuse to acknowledge that the consumer is getting the shaft. I would feel the same if this were Honda (I hammer home the issues on the 450R all the time) or the Yamaha (seems like for awhile Yamaha was taking pro-active measures to get the buyer a solid package) or Suzuki (seemed they jumped up and took action to fix thier lower linkage mount issue without question)

As long as the issues remain unchanged, and the denial of problems exists, I will gladly point them out. Ive said it before, fix it and the problems go away.

YZ120
12-16-2006, 10:33 AM
i agree with you about telling the dealer and for his lack of nologe
its to bad that there are dealers like that out there.
i am not a dealer or want to be one.
i guess i am lucky that our typhoon has had little or no problems.
and the ones we had were addressed by our dealer.

pappy i wasnt trying to bash you i just feel as a moderator you shouldnt help with the negatives of anything on your site,leave it to others until it gets too bad then step in.

now to your pc buisiness. have you gusseted a typhoon yet if so how much for the frame and sub frame gusseted and pc solid orange?

Pappy
12-16-2006, 10:48 AM
I am a member 1st. I will never let my status as a moderator affect the way I feel or act in regards to an issue like this.

And although it may appear i have it in for Xtreme, I DO NOT! I just want to see anything involving kids and this sport to be RIGHT! If this was Polaris or kasea, I would be just as strong willed in my opinion! And yes, they have thier problems too, but you can buy one and the kid can ride it without the very issues the Xtreme has from the crate.(I am talking ride, not race)

I have not had one Typhoon in here for work on a frame other then a weld or two like all the rest. This wont help matters, but most of the ones that are sold around here are either broke or riden by riders that are just starting to ride. Ive had tons, and i mean tons of parents contact me inquiring about the Typhoon for thier first atv purchase and i have refered them to a model that would better suit thier child and to dealers who can atleast make repairs to standard warrant type issues without a hassle. Infact, my brother wanted badly to buy a Typhoon 70 for his daughter, even after he watched us ride the 90. I did not tell him no, I did not in anyway talk down the model, he decided to wait until this christmas to make a decision based on improvements to it. GEUSS WHAT, NO IMPROVEMENTS! Now he is buying a Honda on his own accord and not buying the Xtreme based on what he has seen. (I kind of wanted one so I could gain more first hand knowledge on the issues but in all honesty, I am not made of money and did not want the headaches)

This is not an issue of singling out someone, but singling out a few key issues that to me are really needing some attention. I do not go around enlightening people, only once a subject has been brought forward and I see the same old excuses from those that for what ever reason want this model pushed. Again, MFG doesnt concern me, right and wrong does.

Pappy
12-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by YZ120
i agree with you about telling the dealer and for his lack of nologe
its to bad that there are dealers like that out there.

This is a growing problem with ALL the import dealers, not just Xtreme. Infact, I have even seen a few of the big named MFG's total jack up what should be simple fixes/repairs and I have stood along side thier salesman as they HYPE the latest and greatest. This SPORT should have some honor in it. Walking away from a dealership of any form feeling like you just walked out of Big Al's Used Car Emporium doesnt sit well with me....or others.

this sport is its own worst enemy.

YZ120
12-16-2006, 10:55 AM
well said!
i agree with you.:)

if you can work up a price on the frame i would appreciate it.

thanks,
mike

WOLFPACK
12-16-2006, 09:59 PM
$2500. wow....We sell them for $1995.

It seems you are a bit disgruntaled with Xtreme, Did they not take care of you on something? We recently became a dealer of thier product and they seem to be great people. They haven't given us any problems on warranty issues and have been very eager to help everytime we've called with an issue!

The Typhoon out of the box is not a racer. Xtreme has developed several fixes for known problems and is doing most of the upgrades free under warranty. Aside from that we are absolutely impressed with what you get for the money out of the Typhoon. Our last shipment sold out within a week of receiving it.

I read another post where you were getting a new APEX to replace the Typhoon. If your concern is the amount of time it takes to come up with a fix your really in for a treat with APEX! I sent in a customers swingarm over a month ago for warranty and still haven't received it. I finally had to threaten them and they emailed me a tracking number (1Z18414R0347003731) and said it was going out the next day. We have broken everything on the APEX atleast twice and sat on the side of the track pretty much every race this season. We bent the axle the first day without even trying! Good luck with the new APEX and thier non-existant customer service!

All that being said, the APEX quad can be turned into an awesome racer if you are willing to invest what it takes to bring it up to par. If Greg Chandler had told us everything that needed to be address we would have made it ready for the track before ever riding it. Instead he marketed it as a ready racer and let us break everything on it, then got rich off selling us new parts which we ate trying to keep our customers happy. If you need any advice or we can help in any way let us know! We like the quad but don't care for the distributor! If you fix the flaws before you start racing it chould be a great quad for you!

Shane

Originally posted by Needmorehp
These things fall apart just riding in the yard, not even comparing to a race quad, everything would need to be changed anyhow. So it wouldn't matter about any machine. There isn't any tolerances to any parts, they are loose, so you would need to rebuild it from the ground up just about every part.

But that is for racing.

Good luck if you guys think these things will be around long enough to hand down. I have one like new, Open to any offers. We paid $2500.00. willing to take a small loss if you think they are so great.

WOLFPACK
12-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Pappy, I take it you are not a dealer for the Xtreme?

It has been my experience, maybe it is just timing, that Xtreme is working hard to find fixes for any problems they find. Nathan up there told me he has been pounding a 90 on the track out back and then tearing it down to see if there is damage. If he finds damage they work out a fix for it. There are several updates available for the Typhoon already and Xtreme has paid us to install them on our customers bikes.

So, because i believe Xtreme is well intentioned and the kind of company we want around in our industry and we understand that your dealer either doesn't know or care, i'm sending you this invitation! Contact me by telephone at (219)226-3215, we'll go over the problems you are having and i'll get you taken care of!!! I think in the end this will come down on your dealers head but for now lets get you taken care of!

Shane

Originally posted by Pappy
This is a growing problem with ALL the import dealers, not just Xtreme. Infact, I have even seen a few of the big named MFG's total jack up what should be simple fixes/repairs and I have stood along side thier salesman as they HYPE the latest and greatest. This SPORT should have some honor in it. Walking away from a dealership of any form feeling like you just walked out of Big Al's Used Car Emporium doesnt sit well with me....or others.

this sport is its own worst enemy.

Pappy
12-18-2006, 03:13 PM
I am more interested in seeing the fixes on currently released models and those with earlier models taken care of. Hearing about them is old news, LETS SEE THEM!

Needmorehp
12-18-2006, 08:06 PM
I am more interested in seeing the fixes on currently released models and those with earlier models taken care of. Hearing about them is old news, LETS SEE THEM!

Yes with 30+ mods. what are they? Will everyone get them?

YZ120
12-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Yes with 30+ mods. what are they? Will everyone get them?

why dont you quit your *****in on here and take it up with your dealer. if he wont take care of your complaints find a dealer that will, there are many qualified dealers willing to help customers like you.

Needmorehp
12-18-2006, 08:34 PM
It is an open forum correct? It seems you are only interested in complaining about people stateing facts? Why sugar coat it? My dealer can only address problems that Xtreme can fix, Or have a fix for! Just asking what's up, People who work close with them said there mods. and lots of them, so I am curious. Nothing wrong with asking, and especially for those who don't know. I know my buddy bought the Z450, and Suzuki sent him a letter, take it in for a weld or if it wasn't repairable they would give him a new one. I haven't heard anything from Xtreme, or gotton any letters has anyone else. Hmm. Why is that. As the issues arise don't you think everyone should get them? It isn't the dealers fault to chase every customer, Manufacturers yes!

markvette
12-18-2006, 08:37 PM
i think the bashers here have blowed any chance of answers or help from anyone here in the know. you dont want answers anyway just something else to ***** about

Pappy
12-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by markvette
i think the bashers here have blowed any chance of answers or help from anyone here in the know. you dont want answers anyway just something else to ***** about

In the know uh? If they KNEW the fixes from Xtreme then they would be posted. There arent any now are there?
If there are, and I mean actual fixes from the MFG, let's hear them!

I reckon Johnny pimple face at Pep Boys can handle all the tech stuff

:D

Needmorehp
12-18-2006, 08:53 PM

Must be getting some serious kickbacks from MFG for the knowledge you have, or you should give it to them, I think they need it!

markvette
12-18-2006, 08:58 PM
why should anybody help you pappy, you have been against the quad since day one. you got one to test and didnt even adjust the shocks. anybody doing a test ride on a new product at least uses what is there to its full potential. ther is no one in the know here anymore. as i told you they have said they will never come back to this site because of your attitude. i am just a glutton for punishment and just cant understand how you think what you are doing is fair or right. i have already seen there is no sense arguing with you, you are having a ball tearing the typhoon down

Pappy
12-18-2006, 09:05 PM
markvette, your affiliation with those behind the conception and importation of this model has your mind befuddled.

I dont need the help. I DONT OWN ONE!

You accuse others of bashing what they feel are legitimate issues, or bringing forward problems they have with thier purchase, then scurry back to some mystical website devoted to the outright promotion of the model and those benfiting from teh sale of it! Then you have the nerve to stalk ANYONE who dares differ in opinion and call upon others to support what you know is bonafide issues that are not being addressed.

You are correct, you are on your last piece of thin ice with me simply because I can not stand someone who manipulates people for the gain at the expense of others.

You didnt design it, you didnt build it, but your trying to deal with its short comings by making anyone who has issues out to be some form of idiot, and that is failing too.

markvette
12-18-2006, 09:19 PM
ok lets see if i can calm down and post something you feel will help. again yes i know all parties involved but i also know brad simms, rich hetrick, justin hall of maximum rpm, lucky nichols of boo koo racing so knowing the parties has nothing to do with my feelings on the typhoon. i just feel the quad deserves a fair shake. ok problems, xtreme has added a collar to the steering stem to keep the plastic sleeve in, they have added a bolt in frame support to tie in the frame under the engine. also added bracing to the subframe area has been added. not sure what all the other problems were. havent done anything with the plastic foot pegs yet but hopefully will soon. i know lane just made a trip to china with guy cooper to the factory but have not heard the outcome yet. when i find out more i will post. matter fact i am putting one together tomorrow and will get pics of the frame support and collar.

Pappy
12-18-2006, 09:27 PM
See, that wasnt so hard was it?

I have tried to get it through your head that i am not against anything, except that which is against the sport. I could care less if the Xtreme was 24 karat gold and **** golden eggs, if it has issues it has issues. FIX THEM!

And the shroud of secrecy that hyped this model is still in place. For christs sake, be honest with people and make things happen. You dont think i wouldnt mind buying a sub $2000 125cc mini for my own kid! ID LOVE IT!

And my review is about to hit the homepage, and I left alot out. So think what you will. I may not be some big fancy name, but I damn well speak to people and they hear what i am saying. So if there are actual improvements being made you need to pm them to me so I can include them in a side bar. If not, the review goes up as it was posted.

markvette
12-18-2006, 09:33 PM
as i said i will be putting one together tomorrow, i will post pics tomorrow night.

Bulletracn
12-18-2006, 09:37 PM
My son races a 70. If there is anyone on this site that will offer some real help ( WITH OUT MAKING ME FEEL STUPID FOR BUYING IT!!!!) PLEASE REPLY. I would like to be a part of the fix and not a part of the problem. Maybe together we can accomplish something good out of something that could be. Thank You

markvette
12-18-2006, 09:40 PM
what wrong with your 70, i will try

WOLFPACK
12-19-2006, 03:21 AM
Pappy, Send us an email to wolfpackracing@comcast.net and i'll reply with the actual service bulletins the Xtreme has put out on the updates and fixes. They have an updated clutch which they have been picking up the tab on. They have a fix for the seats coming off on some of the 90's. They have two different frame braces, one they pay for and the second is for those extreme riding and is optional. This is a good company that is trying hard to stand behind thier product and thier customers. Without any manufacturing experience myself i cannot say for sure how long is reasonable for them to bring the fixes out. But i know they are trying and they care about thier customers. This is not the experience we had with APEX and Greg Chandler! So it is refreshing to see a company like Xtreme doing all that they are after dealing with the way APEX treats thier dealers and customers!

Pappy
12-19-2006, 01:46 PM
send the tech bullitens to bkperformance@peoplepc.com

richmond559
12-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Now we are seeing what needed to be said at the beginning of this tread..Yes they have some fixes.yes xtreme should fix what wasnt right from the beginning.Yes it takes time ,how much time i guess depends on size of company i would think..Lets stop complaining and get some fixen done ...We have all heard whats wrong with this quad and that they shouldn't sent this quad out without these problems being addressed well they did .Whats done is done and now lets be alil pactient and let them get us are fixes.Now if later on they say tuff ti**Y then start complaining give them a chance to fix the problem. Pappy and company im sure that you guys would like to see a safer typhoon , i know we all would ...Thanks everyone for your info good or bad like it or hate it.. PETE.

Pappy
12-19-2006, 01:59 PM
One of my fears is now that this model hits pep Boys as someone else posted. I think of the big picture, alot of first time atv buyers getting some bad first impressions of a model etc. Im not to concerned however, most folks will blow it off as typical bargain store stuff as they do with the other models marketed at the same type of stores etc. IMO, this will take away from the model, my impression was that this was a specialty model designed by racers etc. Seeing it or its clone at Farm and Fleet wont help:p Someone is probably pretty ticked about it i'm sure:scary:

richmond559
12-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Pappy your right there .Im sure im in the red on this quad already..Payed top dollar for it when it came out.Now that there at pepboys and other non cycle places saleing them and not preping them properly then im sure the negativity will grow..Im sure xtreme is extremely upset.Hopefully they will make it right to us that jumped on the first editions.

markvette
12-19-2006, 05:27 PM
ok got some pics and seen a few of the bullitins myself. this the the collar added to the stem.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n246/quaddad1958/100_1326.jpg

markvette
12-19-2006, 05:31 PM
bracing added to subframe and fender bracket.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n246/quaddad1958/100_1327.jpg

markvette
12-19-2006, 05:33 PM
closer view

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n246/quaddad1958/100_1329.jpg

markvette
12-19-2006, 05:34 PM
other side

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n246/quaddad1958/100_1328.jpg

markvette
12-19-2006, 05:36 PM
frame tie

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n246/quaddad1958/100_1333.jpg

markvette
12-19-2006, 05:38 PM
smaller carb

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n246/quaddad1958/100_1336.jpg

markvette
12-19-2006, 05:41 PM
this one is for need morehp. its a brand new apex just out of the crate. i started stripping it down and pulled the motor so it can be built.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n246/quaddad1958/100_1334.jpg

Needmorehp
12-19-2006, 07:02 PM
That thing looks sweet. Would you consider a trade+cash? Seriously.

markvette
12-19-2006, 07:12 PM
cant, that quad is being race prepped to run the nationals next year. out of the crate, motor pulled, wiring stripped, fox shocks put pn.

Mark

Needmorehp
12-19-2006, 07:16 PM
On the Typhoon is that factory bracing or something you did for yourself?

markvette
12-19-2006, 07:23 PM
out of the crate factory, will be getting 5 at the end of this week or first of next if you would like for me to post pics of all 5. got a orange apex too, just put the motor back together on it, same as red one, new out of the crate and race prepped.

Mark

Needmorehp
12-19-2006, 07:31 PM
Just if you are interested in a 125, I will consider trade for a stock 90 apex, Any color, prefer Red, But Don't need any mods. let me know. Also who built the motor?

markvette
12-19-2006, 07:34 PM
billy holt at wrh racing

Needmorehp
12-19-2006, 07:41 PM
P.S. Throw in his motor, Ha Ha, he has some fast stuff. But I think we are getting off the thread a little. Talk to him? Sure he would be interested in a new toy to build up.

markvette
12-19-2006, 07:49 PM
speaking of toys. he just built the biggest 2 stroke cvt motor ever built. it is in his sons predator right now being tuned. its 122cc. my sons eton stroker is 110cc and my neighbors is 115cc in a predator too. we like our 2 strokes big down here.LOL

Bulletracn
12-19-2006, 07:53 PM
Are the fender bracing, sub frame bracing, frame tie and carb, all part of the upgrade kit? Will this work be done to the sub frame when I ship it back to the tech that I have been dealing with?

markvette
12-19-2006, 08:08 PM
i cant answer all that. your dealer should be able to get you the carb and frame tie from xtreme. the bracing is being added at the factory in china as al that has to be welded in. i would contact the dealer you bought it from for more definate answers on machines already sold.

Mark

Bulletracn
12-19-2006, 08:21 PM
If I got to send it to China to get welded, I would rather do it myself, and have it done in a couple of hrs. intstead of a month. As of yesterday I knew more than the dealer, and know with the pictures you posted I even know more. I am having the upgrades sent to me at my house and going to try and do everything myself, but it would be nice to know I had some one to ask questions, if I need to.

Needmorehp
12-19-2006, 08:42 PM
When will the new ones with mods. be avail. any info? Seeing how the price has gone down? Keep the old one for parts or back-up. With the drop in price of almost a $1000.00.

Spider 171
12-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Well it is good to hear that we can openly talk aout the problems, and hopefully get them resolved.

Needmorehp
12-19-2006, 09:03 PM
I really think we are headed in the right direction. Hopefully they are listening?

richmond559
12-20-2006, 12:51 AM
This is how it should be ..Thanks..

Needmorehp
12-20-2006, 06:39 AM
Markvette in those pics some of the things you showed I still noticed even more differences like the exaust hanger? What size machine? Diff. than the 125 is that another change? Was the carb. pic off the same quad you assembled? Does the CDI void warranty, but it does make a diff. as somone stated on their 70. Is that just plug and play, no rewiring. Also you and Billy tried any pipes? What works, what doesn't. Oh by the way have you heard of a longer fox shock for the front. I was told the ones they are selling are too short, need a bracket to use. Would prefer proper length.

WOLFPACK
12-20-2006, 08:08 AM
The updates have been sent. After reviewing them i think you'll see what i've been saying "Xtreme is trying more than anyone else in this industry"! I haven't once received a service bulletin from APEX and that thing (The apex MX90) had far more problems that the Typhoon. It started falling apart the first day Bobby rode it and consistantly fell apart all season. And still no service bulletin or warranty parts!!!!!!!!!! Just a bill!!!!!!!

Pappy, if you want to save the world from companies that don't care about thier product or customers then you could start by saving us from Greg Chandler and APEX motors! As for Xtreme....They're good people and are trying hard! The Typhoon, inspite of it's flaws, is a great machine and value for the money!

If it can help you or anyone hear with a Typhoon issue or any mini quad problem for that matter please don't hesitate to ask.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Shane

send the tech bullitens to bkperformance@peoplepc.com

Pappy
12-20-2006, 01:09 PM
LOL...then send me an Apex and I would be more then happy to review it. I dont ride mini quads so I have a completley non biased mentality when it comes to brands. Infact you could take every sticker off of it and hide its identity, makes no difference to me.

I havent checked my email yet but thank you in advance for sending them, it should make the review up to date.

markvette
12-20-2006, 04:12 PM
cdi is plug and play, carb is on the one i assembled but came off another unit as xtreme forgot to send the smaller carb, the fox shocks are 10 3/4" long, stock front shock is 12" long. fox makes a extension for the shock and you cant even tell it is on. even though the fox shock is shorter it has more shaft travel than the stock 12" shock so you get more front end travel. units coming from xtreme now have the updates. i have pics of the shock with extension but it is on a apex but you could get an idea what it looks like. i can post the pic if you want me too.

Mark

markvette
12-20-2006, 04:14 PM
the cdi makes a BIG difference, havent tried any pipes yet but billy is having his pipe builder build one for the typhoon. the unit i posted pics of was a 90.

Mark

Needmorehp
12-20-2006, 06:53 PM
Yes the pics. would be helpful to anyone interested in them. To get a general Idea. I though they also made a 13" shock from them as well? Do you know if Xtreme has any new 125's in with the mods.? or just the smaller ones.

markvette
12-20-2006, 06:59 PM
xtreme is totally out of 125's for now. we are getting 5 90's next week and putting 125 motors in them for someone.

Mark

markvette
12-20-2006, 07:01 PM
that is the 10 3/4" shock with the extension on it to make it 12". the extension is on the top.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n246/quaddad1958/100_1312.jpg

Bulletracn
12-21-2006, 08:03 AM
would the shock extention or adapter put extra force,on the eye of the shock and possibly break the eye of the shock? I heard that was a concern. Has anyone tested this set up for any lenght of time? Shocks are an expensive investment for me and if they were to break I would hope Fox would warrenty them under this application.

Spider 171
12-21-2006, 08:43 AM
Also that could be a safety concern, I mean if it would break, but I am sure the builder took that into account. Great Idea. Looks good, would or has fox considered making that shock a little longer so many applications, Now? That would be ideal. I know Works/Elka build custom shocks all the time? Any input.

Needmorehp
12-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Hey mark you showed us the Apex That is being built, what about a built Typhoon any pics. and How do the two compare, I am sure you guys have shook them both down/ drags/ motocross/ flattrack? Would like to know.

markvette
12-21-2006, 09:00 AM
dont have pics of a built typhoon right now, motor is one place and frame another. the motor is being tested by one of the best 4 stroke guys in the country. the 125 is an oddball and most the honda hop up parts will not fit without modifications. the 90 is different and most the honda stuff will work. billy has ported some 90 heads with signs of a big improvement plus the big bore 90 kit helps a lot. the 125 motor being built is putting out 19 hp is about ready to go into the frame. frame is having gull wing a-arms put on to raise the front ride height and a new type swing arm built for it. this is being built for as a race machine. hopefully it will be together after the first of the year and i can then post pics. we have been a little slow on the typhoons as we are swamped building 2 strokes for the upcoming national season. as far as the shock extensions, the set i poated pics of is the first set so they have not been tested but i really dont see any problems with them. i would think fox would still warranty the shocks since they build the extensions.. fox has a 13" shock also but we have not tried them on a typhoon. they will not fit the apex but we have built plates that can be welded on the a-arms to make them fit the apex.

Mark

WOLFPACK
12-21-2006, 06:23 PM
We are building a Typhoon for a customer right now and are going to use the FOX 250X shocks on the front. By going this way you reduce weight and because the shock is a bit longer it raises the front up. Run 125PSI in the front and 130PSI rear then adjust from there.

The rear master Cylinder also has to be relocated or it will be relocated for you! We are going to have picture for ya'll after the holiday so you can see what has to be done.

If anyone needs help just call or send a message and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. There is no charge for advice and we are glad to give it! We're pretty well swamped right now but try to find a few minutes every evening to check messages.

Merry Christmas All!

Shane Lewis
(219)226-3215

Needmorehp
12-21-2006, 06:57 PM
What is the price for the fronts 250X and are they as good as the rear with the extenders, same adjustability? What about the Master Cylinder is there an issue there? Don't know what you mean?

markvette
12-21-2006, 07:14 PM
the 250x shock is the 13" shock i posted about.

Needmorehp
12-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Hmm can we post a price?

WOLFPACK
12-22-2006, 07:13 AM
The rear mastercylinder will hit the swingarm if ridden agressively. If ridden to aggressively it will take it off altogether. Kenny Vaughn told me about this the other night and is sending me the pattern for relocating it.
What is the price for the fronts 250X and are they as good as the rear with the extenders, same adjustability? What about the Master Cylinder is there an issue there? Don't know what you mean?

WOLFPACK
12-22-2006, 07:24 AM
As i'm sure you know we have been asked not to advertise! Harlen has built this great site to bring us all together and deserves protection of him revenue.

That being said i don't think it is a problem telling you FOX part numbers and pricing as you can eventually find this information yourselve. The 250X/300EX front shocks part number is 830-10-200 and they retail for $695. The rear air shock is 997-23-000 and retails at $299.00. I'm sure you can get a deal and purchase them from a site sponsor.
Hmm can we post a price?

Spider 171
12-23-2006, 09:28 AM
I recently read on another forum where they are having probs. with the master cylinder clearance, has anyone else had this problem?

WOLFPACK
12-23-2006, 03:42 PM
When you ungrade the suspension you get additional travel. Now there is no clearance for the master cylinder. So we have to relocate it. With the stock shock it isn't an issue because the shock bottoms out before the master cylinder hits.

kgmtech
12-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Is the 250x fox rear shock a 13 inch shock, like the ones for the front?

Needmorehp
12-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Well are the Fox shocks in 13" as good as the shorter rear one used (Pit Bike One), Same adjustments?

WOLFPACK
01-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Sorry guys for not responding we were in Miami testing motors.

The rear shock we use is a FOX CRF50 shock. The front shock we use is a set of FOX 300EX front shocks.

I hope that answered your questions. If not, let us know!

Shane

Needmorehp
01-03-2007, 08:22 PM
What is the price of the Fox front shocks? We know the price of the rear, also with the new A-arms working being built to run stock shocks does fox make a 12" shock?

WOLFPACK
01-04-2007, 03:45 AM
No, FOX doesn't make a 12" shock. If you want 12" you'll purchase the same shock as the rear and we can send you spacers to extend them.

Retail on the front shoxs is $695. Because we are not a sponsor of the site we cannot sell them to you. By we know Colby from C&D, he's a great guy and he will give you a great price on the shocks.

tom450r
01-04-2007, 08:16 PM
1 question for the money $2000 where can anyone get a new quad with alum. wheels, holeshot tires, hyd. brakes, 125cc motor, dual a-arms, alum. (wide) axle, elec. start w/kick start, & a pipe. sure it may need some small things changed or improved but, what mini quad doesn't. AND you would have to spend at least double that on any other quad to get that stuff. plus the price of the quad. so $7000 on a honda 90 done, or a few days & dollars on the typhoon. THIS IS JUST FORM MY VEIW!!!! i guess i just don't like to spend more on a mini than a big quad, but it's only money to some of you i guess?!?!?!?!?! good luck with those other quads against my $2000 "RACE" mini

WOLFPACK
01-05-2007, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by tom450r
1 question for the money $2000 where can anyone get a new quad with alum. wheels, holeshot tires, hyd. brakes, 125cc motor, dual a-arms, alum. (wide) axle, elec. start w/kick start, & a pipe. sure it may need some small things changed or improved but, what mini quad doesn't. AND you would have to spend at least double that on any other quad to get that stuff. plus the price of the quad. so $7000 on a honda 90 done, or a few days & dollars on the typhoon. THIS IS JUST FORM MY VEIW!!!! i guess i just don't like to spend more on a mini than a big quad, but it's only money to some of you i guess?!?!?!?!?! good luck with those other quads against my $2000 "RACE" mini Finally someone gets it! It's a great quads for the money! The people at Xtreme so far have been willing to step up and fix any major problems. No other mini quad company is doing what they are!

It is going to come down to the wire but we are hoping to test our new motor out at the BOO KOO chicago show. We are pretty encouraged!

Needmorehp
01-05-2007, 06:57 AM
Post some pics. Interested to see what you did to it?

howmuchnow
01-05-2007, 07:02 AM
Tom do you honestly think you can compete with an almost stock typhoon. I feel you will have as much if not more in it trying to keep up with a well built honda 125. In stock form from what I've seen they have a hard time getting out of there own way.

WOLFPACK
01-05-2007, 07:16 AM
I don't think that is the point he's trying to make.

For the money you are further ahead with the Typhoon than with the TRX90. We put a high compression (12.5 to 1) piston in ours for $77. The cam we went with was $168. but there are cheaper ones. Hi-Per CDI $59. Gusset the frame (not sure of the total cost yet maybe $250.). Fox shocks $900. and we're ready to race.

To get the TRX90 to that level your looking around $5000. to $7000. or more.

The sport needs to be affordable so more families can get involved. The Typhoon makes it more affordable. It's not the answer for everyone but it is for many!

Shane

Needmorehp
01-05-2007, 12:20 PM
I think it will still take more than that to compete. I think people think Dual A-arms and Disc brakes, and aluminum rims/Holeshots makes a race quad well I think it will need more than that. Once you do all that I still don't think it could hold a candle to an Apex. Still would love to see a Race Ready one.

WOLFPACK
01-05-2007, 12:33 PM
The APEX is a good machine but once you've been screwed around by Greg Chandler you could care less how good the product is. I'm really hoping he continues his current business practices, goes bankrupt and someone who actually cares about thier customers takes over.

We'll have a full on racer ready to go next week and we'll let everyone know how it works out.

Shane

tom450r
01-05-2007, 03:42 PM
here's my point: add up the total cost of making both quads completely race ready, with the cost of the bike included. then whats the best buy. thats my point. the added things like rims, elec. start, disc brakes, & dual a-arms. are just bonus items that you don't have to buy. and for NEEDMOREHP do the same with the apex race ready. those would be some interesting cost.

Needmorehp
01-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Well the cost of gusseting, new A-arms, Shocks, Motor work on a 4-stroke $$$$, To even think of competing with a mild Apex. Apex Port work$, shocks?, already gusseted, Good A-arms. Just for starts.

tom450r
01-07-2007, 11:50 AM
so your saying that your apex trans. hasn't been trashed yet either. when they start riding it harded it will. & how often do you put piston & rings in it. all cost that must be considered

Needmorehp
01-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Maintainace is key for piston and rings, on both, 4-strokes are far less. But More pricey, and reliability is still an question with Typhoons. So Trannys probs. could be just lurking? If you ride any cvt, you will need to learn throttle control, including the Typhoon, I bet if you held those wide open and landed multiple times they will detonate as well. Typhoons are still in testing, what about modded ones only time will tell.

WOLFPACK
01-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Tom,
It's probably best if you just give up on this guy! Everytime someone posts something about the Typhoon he pops up with his "Cup half empty" comments. I tried to help him but he seems happier bashing the Typhoon.

Shane

markvette
01-07-2007, 05:19 PM
we ran 10 typhoons in the monster truck show in birmingham alabama this weekend. they are being raced by some of the fsatest mini quad riders out there. my son, koty richardson, dalton gentry and a few others. these quads were taken out of crates, set up and ran over 30 hard laps this weekend, no failures on any. the kids loved them and these kids ride fast 2 strokes and most are national riders. we will be traveling around doing the monster truck shows and all the kids are riding typhoons,

Mark

markvette
01-07-2007, 05:20 PM
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n246/quaddad1958/resized-1.jpg

tom450r
01-07-2007, 05:21 PM
i hope to see some apex, extreme, cobras, ect. on the track & the kids having fun thats what it's all about right?!?!?!

tom450r
01-07-2007, 05:24 PM
thats awsome MAYBE TYPHOON WILL BE THE FIRST FACTORY SPONSORED MINI QUAD TEAM EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR?!?!?!?!

markvette
01-07-2007, 05:52 PM
there are 10 riders in team xtreme now. there will be no other brand of quads at these shows. most of the monster truck shows have stopped the mini quad racing completely because of past injuries to kids. these 10 riders were hand picked to do these shows because they are older and listen to instructions well. xtreme donated the quads for these races which i think is good because all kids are on the same machine with no advantage. if xtreme had not helped with this there would be no mini quad racing at these shows. also some of the other manufactures were given the chance to do this and did not accept.

Mark

tom450r
01-07-2007, 05:59 PM
that sounds like xtreme is dedicated to mini quad racing like no other manufacuter out there. they may just be the best thing to happen to mini quad racing ever.

wvspeedfreak
01-07-2007, 06:01 PM
there are 10 riders in team xtreme now. there will be no other brand of quads at these shows. most of the monster truck shows have stopped the mini quad racing completely because of past injuries to kids. these 10 riders were hand picked to do these shows because they are older and listen to instructions well. xtreme donated the quads for these races which i think is good because all kids are on the same machine with no advantage. if xtreme had not helped with this there would be no mini quad racing at these shows. also some of the other manufactures were given the chance to do this and did not accept.

Mark

That is awesome that they did that.That says something to me about the company.

Dirtblast
01-07-2007, 07:30 PM
We would like to thank Tommy Richardson, Billy Holt, Mark Hinton and Xtreme for picking Dalton to showcase the new Xtreme 125. There was alot of hard work that went into making this show happen. Dalton was really impressed with the performance of the quad.
Thanks again
Gus Gentry

trextommy51
01-09-2007, 10:50 AM
The first ever mini quad factory team was Team Dinli. Team Xtreme is alittle different. The idea behind it was to show good kids on good quads in a fun atmoshere. With the Pit Parties and racing it would help get the sport out better than any other way I can think of. At the pit parties I field usually 100 or more questions about how to get my kid into this. At that point I talk about the different series around and the machines and most importantly about safety around quads and why kids should be on minis. I think the kids in the stands after seeing the minis race come away with alot more respect for mini's than they did before.

richmond559
01-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by trextommy51
The first ever mini quad factory team was Team Dinli. Team Xtreme is alittle different. The idea behind it was to show good kids on good quads in a fun atmoshere. With the Pit Parties and racing it would help get the sport out better than any other way I can think of. At the pit parties I field usually 100 or more questions about how to get my kid into this. At that point I talk about the different series around and the machines and most importantly about safety around quads and why kids should be on minis. I think the kids in the stands after seeing the minis race come away with alot more respect for mini's than they did before. I bet you get alot of questions.The youngsters im sure get the itch to ride once they see others racing..Monster trucks are ok but im sure the kids see the quads as something they could do right..By the way did anyone get any footage of this...Ive noticed on some of the typhoons that the number sticker is smaller on the back fenders are those the newer ones ..And props to all involved with this event ,Your doing great things for the sport of racing and just weekend riding like we do...THANKS