PDA

View Full Version : Christmas came Early.

Quad18star
12-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Well Christmas came a little early this year around our place . My mom and dad are heading down to Florida on Saturday and will be gone until New Year's Day , so we decided to have them open their gifts and stockings .

My girlfriend and I had already given them 1 gift a week ago , which was a digital camera with printer and docking station , so that they could get used to operating it . Tonight we let them have the rest .... makeup , lotions , socks and much more for my mom . My dad got some fishing stuff .. a rod, lures , artificial bait ... a framed picture of me and my dad with my dog up at their place ( the cottage), socks , chocolates and they each got a little bottle of Crown Royal .

In return they let my girlfriend and I open our gifts . My mom had been working on a little something all night for us . She brought out a small christmas tree and it was decorated with lights , ornaments and full of white envelopes . So Mel and I started opening up each one and to our surprise we started pulling out dollar bills ...20s , 10s, 5s and 50s . :eek: There was about 15 or so envelopes on the tree , then my mom handed us our stockings . In each of our stockings was 1 envelope . We opened up each one and there was a card with a little message for both of us and again to our surprise , a $100 bill in each . :eek2:

After counting it all up , we ended up receiving $700 , which we were told we can do anything we want with it . :eek2:

Usually my parents buy us gifts , but since they are leaving for Florida and that they live far from any big town with shopping malls , they decided to give us the money instead since they didn't have the time to do any shopping .

Well it turns out to be a great gift . The money is going to be well spent come February . Mel and I already booked a trip to Varadero Cuba a few weeks ago , so this money will be spent on excursions and sight-seeing tours for the week that we're down in Cuba . Now I just can't wait until February 14th , when we board the plane and head south to sit on a beach , get a tan and get our monies worth of the all-inclusive package that we purchased . :devil:

My girlfriend also gave me an early christmas gift tonight . She bought me an awesome jacket ... perfect for winter but not bulky like most winter jackets ... great for those occasions where I have to be more dressy than a snowmobile jacket . :cool:

Anyone else get anything early this year??

WhiteYFZ
12-13-2006, 09:36 PM
sounds awesome. i got my bike a bit early this year..