PDA

View Full Version : Jetts?????

300ex_rida
09-17-2002, 06:39 PM
Who makes the best jetts for a 300ex? Also what comes in a jet kit? I have a 300ex with a e-series and a k&n filter with no air box lid. I need to re-jet it so should I get a jett kit or just buy some jets? I no that I need a 128 main jett. Is that the only kind of jett that I need. And also where is the cheapest place to buy them?

yellow machine
09-17-2002, 07:34 PM
A dyno jet kit will come with an assortment of main jets, a new needle, clip for the needle, washer for the needle, and instructions on how to put it all together for your application.

If you know what size main you need just buy the jet, stock needle should be fine. just remember that you may want to have at least a size up and down, just in case your guess on the size of jet was wrong for your set up.:)

trueblue450
09-17-2002, 07:35 PM
Just run up to your local quad shop and buy the jet you need. You can prolly buy it for 5$ or so, instead of the K&N jet kit for 100$ .. your choice..

trueblue450
09-17-2002, 07:38 PM
I just read what you have... the 300 runs a 122 main jet. Now when you get a slip on you dont need to change jets. But you do have the air filter and open air box lid. I would just go in your carb and move the jet needle clip to the most bottom position. It will enrichen your carb which you need. So you wont have to spend the $$.. but messin with the carb is tricky.. I did and I had to go to the local shop to get it all worked out.. SO its your choice..

See I have the same somewhat setup.. but leave the airbox on.. SO Ive been there done that.