PDA

View Full Version : Fender shine

BANSHEEadam
10-18-2001, 07:21 PM
My dad bought some stuff to try on my badly scratched fenders. It's called Re-New Tire Shine. 2 bucks at dollar general, and it worked better than anything I've used yet. Heres a picture of how it shines...(sorry it isn't a real good picture, I will take some more tomorrow when it's brighter out)

Also.. try using Resolve carpet cleaner to get all the dust, dirt, and mud off your frame, and pretty much everything. I should've taken before and after pictures- it really worked well.

trueblue450
10-18-2001, 07:44 PM
Man she shines up purty.......

You need to get some stickers on it though.. looking kinda plain jane!!! :D

BANSHEEadam
10-18-2001, 07:55 PM
Yeah just took the stock ones off... pretty screwed over. There'll be some new ones on soon.

crday98
10-18-2001, 08:06 PM
i think you should buy 400ex stickers and slap em on just to be silly.i thought about putting a set of 300ex ones on mine just for ****s and giggels.imagine what people would think:huh :huh :D

BANSHEEadam
10-18-2001, 08:31 PM
as a matter of fact i was considering getting some 416 stickers for it. i think that would be pretty... uh... i dont know what it would be. unique maybe.. i wonder how long it will take for the one dude to reply about how he thinks it's stupid for someone to do that, like he did with the post about putting 400 ex plastic on a 300ex.

max400EX
10-18-2001, 09:58 PM
WD 40 works great for a shine, then go over it with some pledge dust cleaner

"BLAHH"300!!
10-19-2001, 10:16 PM
i have 300ex i wassn't sure if i wanted to
take off the sticker's or not.. so i took
a razer blade and cut around the --
--- ( 96' yellow ) -- ex part of 300ex and
just left EX on the side- it looks pretty tight
without 300 on it- and i have a wisco sticker on it
but i don't have a wiseco piston in it- kinda dumb i think --
but it looks good so i'm leaving it-

just food for thought- give it a shot

a guy i ride with cut his 400ex stickers all the way off
then i did mine - he likes mine better-
- but he's sellin it - that azzole man what a fool
""it's cold outside" you can't have fun when it's cold""
what ever man- who told him this

10-22-2001, 04:15 PM
I got stickers from:

Wiseco piston/nacs racing/ac racing/dg/answer/houser racing/
lone star racing/webcams/k&n filter/fox/maxxis/axis shocks/
works shocks/factory 909/skat track/"tuff racing"/and some
other ones.

I put them on and it looks soooooooooooo good.
I wish i had a dig. cam. so i can put it on.
Ill take pics and let my friend scan them.
Look for them in a month or so!

Chef
10-22-2001, 06:09 PM
it cant look really good when you have stickers from two different shock companies....:huh

10-24-2001, 04:18 PM
WD-40 works good on the engine. I'll spray some on there when I park it for awhile to shine it up and keep it clean. The WD-40 burns off the next time you ride it so it might smell a little funny.

Mop N' Glow works awesome on the plastic! It shines it up and makes my quad look Brand New everytime!

Laterz,

Joe
Kansas

Warrioreater400ex
10-24-2001, 10:14 PM
my 300ex is VERY VERY scratched up, but i just use armorall! makes it look shiny!!!! very shiny, i have all the stickers off of my 300ex except i have a FMF sticker on the frame, TMM, Lunati Cam, a couple of Thor stickers, an NGK, and 2 little fmf ones.... and then i put windex on the rims, bumper and nerfs.... SHINY!!! and i use Wisk to clean the engine and most everthing, and then i used WD-40 to clean all the junk that is baked on to the headpipe, works like a charm.

10-25-2001, 10:23 AM
So when you all use all that crap on the plastic to make it look shiney,,,how bad does dust stick to it. My buddy used pledge or armarol or something like that on his plastic,,,sittin in the grass it looked very shiny,,,got to the track 3 laps and back to the pits it was a brown plastic from the dust sticken to the once shiny plastic. the Wisk solution is the only answer to a clean quad and good looks..

10-25-2001, 05:09 PM
IT LOOKS REALLY GOOD!
IT LOOKS LIKE A RACER...ALL SHOW..NO GO

I hope to get more motor mods, but for now stickers will do...
ahahaha...

I'll get pics soon.

"BLAHH"300!!
10-26-2001, 09:05 AM
i just recently put an- AMERICAN FLAG sticker on the swing arm
of my 300- cut it to fit around the rubber that keeps trash out of your bearings-
it's a 96' swingarm so you can imagine the wear and tear on it-
and that one little sticker with new- (-i don't know what you call em'- the bolts that you loosen and tighten to tighten the chain)
new those and that little sticker and that old swingarm looks pretty good- what is what i want- so when i pass you- haha

Warrioreater400ex
10-26-2001, 09:01 PM
yeah i wash it down with wisk... but when it dries it looks like crap..... it has 2 whitish black spots on the front that are bout the size of a softball.... it looks like something funky.... armorall will collect dust, but i can always was it again :rolleyes: , but i dont use it too much, this is my pic in the cycletrader, so i mad it look allll shiny! :D

10-27-2001, 08:25 AM
EX-CITING300...
"what is what i want- so when i pass you- haha"

We both have pipes/jetts/14t sprocket...

I think it would be a close race if you ask me.

BANSHEEadam
10-27-2001, 09:27 PM
after all the time i spent cleanin my 300ex, i went and got it all muddy again. so this time, after i washed it, i didnt use the tire junk. i found an old buffer in the shed and went to town. here's what it turned out like....
i also got some black and silver paint and went to town with it too... i did my gas cap and tube, sprocket guard, and homemade grab bar in silver, and i painted gas switch and the little black thing on the left side of the engine in black. i know that thing was already black but it looks alot better now, especially with the silver screws. here are the pictures:

Fenders

BANSHEEadam
10-27-2001, 09:42 PM
heres some of the stuff i painted..

BANSHEEadam
10-27-2001, 09:49 PM
looks like the picture didnt work, here it is

BANSHEEadam
10-27-2001, 09:57 PM
heres a good one

BANSHEEadam
10-27-2001, 10:03 PM
cant forget the grab bar.. nice job on this one by my dad

BANSHEEadam
10-27-2001, 10:05 PM
cant forget it, but i did. here it is

10-27-2001, 10:34 PM
I painted me heat guard/tire caps red.
it looks really good!

they sell gas cap hose thingys in diff. colors.
i want to get it in red.

........does anyone know how to post pics?
thanks

10-27-2001, 10:36 PM
...ur 300ex looks really clean!

"BLAHH"300!!
10-28-2001, 08:41 AM
300ex xe003-

your 14t isn't instaled yet is it???
yeah i'd like to race ya' i'd be pretty tight-
---oh yeah - " what is what i want" was supposed to be- "witch is what i want" like i want you to be able to see the reflection of a loser in my swing arm when i pass you- haha
300ex adam-

- hey man your bike looks clean bro--
but- i see on your plastic around your gas tank- red- is that paint
it looks like it has little paint bubbles in it?? or is that water drops
- if you painted your plastic- let me know how long it holds up-
looks good now though- also--??

your engine side cases are clean like mine but the actual head looks kinda dirty- it doesn't take much to get all that off of their
you can use regular dishwashing detergent and a scrub-scowering pad- and that nasty grit will come right of in about an hour- it takes a little patience and want- but it will come clean- if you want it to bad enugh- then just hit it lightly everytime you wash it and it'll stay that way-

BANSHEEadam
10-28-2001, 02:10 PM
ex-citing thats not paint; after i buffed my fenders there was a little bit that didnt come out too shiny and i didnt feel like messin with it again so i just sprayed a little of that tire shine stuff that i first used. i guess i got a little too much and forgot to wipe the excess off.

300ex xe...... - your heat guard doesnt get too hot? i was about to do that too, but i didnt want to catch fire while i was ridin...lol
well im goin huntin...
later

10-31-2001, 03:55 PM
Can someone explain the "Wisk" thing to me? Do you spray a light solution of wisk on your plastics and let it dry???

Probably a dumb question, but just started reading the items on this forum.

Thanks,

John

"BLAHH"300!!
10-31-2001, 05:53 PM
1 PART WISK
2 PARTS WATER

GO LOOK IN THE BODY FORUM FOR-
- "THE ORIGINAL CLEAN THAT S.O.B UP" -
OR-
- " CLEAN THAT S.O.B. UP " -
YOU MAY HAVE TO FLIP BACK A FEW PAGES BUT IT HAS THE WHOLE THING IN THERE TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT