PDA

View Full Version : Jetting 400ex

blasterandy
12-13-2006, 07:39 PM
Sorry about this guys I know you have seen so many jetting questions its not even funny anymore. Its just trying to syphon through all of the jetting post kinda gets old after about the first 300 threads. :D I restrained myself as long as possible and waited for someone else to ask but now I am having to. I am a pretty skilled mechanic so taking things apart is no problem.

K&N air filter Hmf Slip on. Lid on and (lid off sometimes) both settings would help. 350 ft. asl and anywhere from 65-14 degrees. So about 30 Degrees.

I have a 42 pilot jet that needs to be put in . And some mains. What should i jet it?
Thanks and sorry for a post that has been duplicated about 6000 times. :).

Wheelie
12-13-2006, 08:28 PM
155main with the lid off, 152 or 150 w/the lid on.

Honda#4
12-13-2006, 08:31 PM
try a 155 with the clip in the forth slot from the top.

jeremy_283
12-14-2006, 05:26 AM
hmmmmmmmm......? right now i have a 210 main in my quad and i think sumthing must be wrong?.......... so i am no help to you :)

blasterandy
12-14-2006, 02:27 PM
NO guess not. I am not a genuis either as you can see. I just give my opinion. Opinions are like a55h0les everyone has one and they all stink. Well, almost all.:D ;) thanks for the help.

blasterandy
12-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Alright I just installed the 152 and it was a much improved. I love it. No poping or hesitations when i pin the throttle while going. I now have to install the 42 pilot but i think i will wait for right now. I don't have the time to take the carb apart and replace it now.
Thanks for they help.

Honda#4
12-14-2006, 07:41 PM
All you needed was to losen the carb clamps and turn the carb around untill you get access to the float bowl, then you could of done both at the same time.

blasterandy
12-14-2006, 07:51 PM
O i thought you had to remove it entirely. I had to do this with my blaster. N e ways which way do you turn the carb. Header side or choke side(i am guessing choke side) . I will do this tomorrow and tell you all how it worksout. Also I have heard that the bolts on the carb strip easy. Whats the best way to keep them from stripping.

Honda#4
12-14-2006, 08:25 PM
It does'nt matter which way you turn it I think, I can't remember which way when I did mine. Yes the bolts do strip easy, press hard and turn they should come right off. Go to jetrus.com and they have a stainless steel float bowl screw kit that you can buy that uses an allen head rather than the philips head. Hope you get it done, took me 10 minutes to do it.

blasterandy
12-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Well i got home and did this let me tell you it was a little more than just twisting a few bolts and turning it. I had to take off the two black leg pannels, pull the air boot off, pull the engine side off, then pull the natural colored air thing out from under the gas tank then i could pull the carb out from under the tank. I ended up turning it to the choke side. After that it was easy Just took the bolts out and the pilot jet and replaced. Wala easy starting and a good bottom end.
Thanks for the help.

Honda#4
12-15-2006, 06:56 PM
But I'll ask you something, are you proud of what you did?

blasterandy
12-15-2006, 08:23 PM
Thats kindof a funny question but actually i am very proud. Thanks for all your help. I am glad to know I can hold my own when it comes to the carb.:D ;). Next comes the engine :devious:

Honda#4
12-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Yea, thats the exact same thing I said when I changed the clip on my needle, I was so flusterd when I first started then I just took a break for a bit and went at it again and took my time and it was so great when I finished. Makes you good inside when you do something by yourself.

blasterandy
12-16-2006, 03:49 PM
yup :p

Honda#4
12-16-2006, 05:49 PM
The Only thing I'll do to my motor is probably a cam, other than that i'm done with motor mods.Just cus the fact that I don't race otherwise I'd throw in a piston and different valves and stuff.

blasterandy
12-16-2006, 07:31 PM
me too maybe a high compression piston other than thant i am done too.