PDA

View Full Version : 300ex jets?

bigdaddy300ex
12-13-2006, 07:23 PM
i just got a 02' 300ex and was wondering how to know if it has a jet kit or not?i got from an atv seller and he just sells them,he dont know what they have and dont have.

honda965
12-13-2006, 07:44 PM
take the carb apart, located under the gas tank, look at the main jets and see wat size they are. look at the needle

250X_project
12-14-2006, 06:52 AM
Well if it has stock exhaust, and filter and all it should be a stock main, and pilot.....stock is 122 main / 38 pilot.

Why is this important to you? Does it run alright? Rich or lean?

bigdaddy300ex
12-14-2006, 01:14 PM
it runs good,it has a k&n air filter and a cobra exhaust.i just didnt know and was goimg to see about getting some if it didnt have it. how much of a difference would you notice if they was it there?can you tell a difference with the lid off with the k&n?thanks

250X_project
12-14-2006, 07:43 PM
Well if it runs good now, it must be jetted correctly for the mods involved. So you could leave it and not mess w/ success.....but wheres the fun in that !?

With the box lid removed w/ the K&N it would get a good amount of air, which would call for a bigger main jet for fuel. I would say it would give it a noticeable power change, most likely better throttle response.

NOTE: with the lid removed and a K&N filter, I would recommend a outer-wears prefilter, filter cover to keep debris out of your engine.

Also If you are looking for a quick, cheap, and easy power increase.... adjust the valves. Better compression gives better power.

250X_project
12-14-2006, 07:50 PM
I forgot to tell you, I have a Dynojet kit for the 300EX carburetor. BRAND SPANKIN' NEW! All the jets (8) are in the little baggies still, along with the needle, adapter, and the washers and clips needed. It also comes with the full instructions. PM me if you're interested. Thanks!