PDA

View Full Version : Time to pull for one of our own!

Pappy
12-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Dan, the owner of Breezewood Proving Grounds, site member and supporter and all around damn fine feller, is in the hospital. I am not 100% on all the details, but he was suffering from seizures.

First, I would like to ask for everyone to say a prayer for Dan and his family. Second, Dan may need some help at the track and I personally will send him some money to help cover some medical expenses as I know he does not have insurance. If you would like to help in any way, please contact me.

Get well real soon Dan:(

JOEX
12-13-2006, 07:20 PM
:( :( :(

Get Well Soon!:)

yellow400ex05
12-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Wow! This is a surprise and a couple days ago he seemed perfectly fine. Its amazing how life works sometimes. I hope he gets well soon!

your in my prayers!

wvspeedfreak
12-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Hate to hear this.Let me know if there is anything we can do.He will be in our prayers.

Doober
12-13-2006, 07:26 PM
:( i hate to here this stuff, i can relate to whats goin on with him and his familly, but ill keep them in my prayers.

JRP
12-13-2006, 07:34 PM
wow!:( also let me know if there is anything i can do! hope you get better dan!

CHEVYZ
12-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Damn! That blows. Hope he pulls though it OK..........

12-13-2006, 07:42 PM
get better soon bro, i heard great things about you, keep it up

coolguy8769
12-13-2006, 08:18 PM
wow! hw will defaintly be in my prayers. He is a good person and deosnt deserve this, get well soon dan!!

jrspawn
12-13-2006, 08:42 PM
My prayers go out to him and his family, hope all is well.

Justin

WhiteYFZ
12-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by yellow400ex05
Wow! This is a surprise and a couple days ago he seemed perfectly fine. Its amazing how life works sometimes. I hope he gets well soon!

your in my prayers!

i know :( i was thinking the exact same thing. i just spoke to him about 2 days ago.. i will deff say a prayer for him.

insaneracin2003
12-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Get Well Soon Dan,,,,,,,,,,We will be praying for you man!!!

stocktires
12-13-2006, 09:03 PM
How can we help out Paps?
Send you some $ through paypal?

Pappy
12-13-2006, 09:16 PM
right now i dont know what the best course of action will be. maybe have a t shirt sale so folks get something for the money etc? bpg has some decent shirts....and dan wouldnt feel like he is taking money without giving something in return?

ill wait to hear from him and see how things are going, i do appreciate the offers ive recieved!

Les Davis
12-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Oh man that is horrible. I just saw him over the weekend and he was in great spirits. My thoughts and prayers go out to Dan and all his family and friends. Get well buddy!!

450r51
12-13-2006, 10:02 PM
wow, ill be glad to buy a t-shirt or something to help him out, bpg is a killer place to ride.

get well soon dan.

WhiteYFZ
12-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by 450r51
wow, ill be glad to buy a t-shirt or something to help him out, bpg is a killer place to ride.

get well soon dan.

burkebrothers
12-14-2006, 03:55 AM
Man ,that sucks Dan is a really awsume guy . And he and Amanda are really great people. We are in let me know about the shirts.

I know that this is probaly not going to help much but a year ago in Oct I hade a seizure out of the blue while i was out shopping.
Spent 5 days in the hospital with them trying to figure out what went on.. Had ever test under the sun .. Even went down to thomas jefferson hospital in philly ...And still have no clue what happened .. they said it might have been caused by an allergic reaction to something but we went threw everything I ate -drank for the 2 days before but still no answers ...
I haven't had another since then..
All the hospital bills are very expensive trust me i know from experience .. MRI"S- CAT SCANS-all the heart tests -some type of brain scan with dye in it --can't remember that one but it's different from the mri my bills were upward of at least 35,000
by the time they couldn't find a reason for the seizures..

Man I sure hope this is the same situation with Dan but if there is something I hope they find it .

OUR THOUGHT AND PRAYERS ARE WITH DAN AND HIS FAMILY WE LOVE YOU GUYS AND WE WILL PRAY THAT EVERTHING TURNS OUT OK............
MUCH LOVE
THE BURKES

Pappy
12-14-2006, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by burkebrothers

All the hospital bills are very expensive trust me i know from experience .. MRI"S- CAT SCANS-all the heart tests -some type of brain scan with dye in it --

Knowing dan, he probably asked them to add food coloring to his coffee to save money:p

Mxjunkie
12-14-2006, 04:58 AM
Damn I hope you get better Dan!

winters126
12-14-2006, 05:22 AM
Man, we are so sad to hear this. We are praying for you, Dan, and hope you get better really soon. We love Breezewood and you and Amanda are awesome people. Pappy, please keep us updated. We will do anything to help out.

~Zach and Kelly Winters

ATV Chic
12-14-2006, 07:23 AM
I hope he will get well soon! Dan you will definately be in our prayers! :( I would be more than happy to help in any way!

gbcap
12-14-2006, 07:34 AM
life works weird. i was in the hospital visiting my pops (heart trouble, trying to figure out what it is right now) and i look into the hallway and i see amanda standing there with this horrible worried face on.

i asked her what was up and she told me the whole story of what happend. LUCKILY they were in westminster to do some shopping when dan had some seizures in his sleep. they don't know the whole story on whats going on and i didn't want to dig to deep talking to them.

dan is in good spirits and is REALLY ready to get out of the hospital. he feels fine and they have him on a few meds to make sure nothing else happens.

the plan was for him to get out of the hospital this morning as of 8pm last night but you know how hospitals work, just cause you plan that doesnt mean it can happen!

if i find out any more info I will be sure to let everyone know!!!!

WhiteYFZ
12-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by gbcap
life works weird. i was in the hospital visiting my pops (heart trouble, trying to figure out what it is right now) and i look into the hallway and i see amanda standing there with this horrible worried face on.

i asked her what was up and she told me the whole story of what happend. LUCKILY they were in westminster to do some shopping when dan had some seizures in his sleep. they don't know the whole story on whats going on and i didn't want to dig to deep talking to them.

dan is in good spirits and is REALLY ready to get out of the hospital. he feels fine and they have him on a few meds to make sure nothing else happens.

the plan was for him to get out of the hospital this morning as of 8pm last night but you know how hospitals work, just cause you plan that doesnt mean it can happen!

if i find out any more info I will be sure to let everyone know!!!!

well this is good new atleast... when i heard this last night i felt sick to my stomach...

Yfz450dan
12-14-2006, 10:44 AM
he will be in my prayers;) Get well soon

BlasterEaten250
12-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Man, I hope you get well soon!:macho

YFZ133
12-14-2006, 02:31 PM
wow never want to hear anyones sick or hurt especially, someone like dan our atv man !!!! my prayers are witcha man! anything i can do let me know pap!!!!

YFZRB
12-14-2006, 03:03 PM
Just say the word and I'm on the way

Amanda, Pappy & Dan check your e-mail and PM's to contact me for anything I can do to help.

Pappy
12-14-2006, 03:10 PM
dan should be home as of tonight as the hospital said they booted him:p

WhiteYFZ
12-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
dan should be home as of tonight as the hospital said they booted him:p

wow what a releif to hear this.. i almost didnt want to go to school today. thats how sick i felt.

12-14-2006, 03:25 PM
i never met dan, but he seems liek a great guy...good news, hope the hard times are over for you...

YFZRB
12-15-2006, 08:30 AM
I just got the word. :)

Dan the Breezewood man is home and doing good.

Glad to hear it! :macho

WhiteYFZ
12-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by YFZRB
I just got the word. :)

Dan the Breezewood man is home and doing good.

Glad to hear it! :macho

:D :D :D :D :D

dan harris
01-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Hey Everybody,

thanks for the great words and prayers, I would of responded sooner but didn't know about the Post. Anyway I'm home doing great back to normal. As Gbcap stated I was sleeping and had a seizure. Spent a couple days in the hospital trying to figure the cause, going through all the tests. Although the doctors aren't positive, they believe it was brought on from a head trauma. Could be from a recent vehicle accident or from previous quad crashes - who knows. I'm on meds to keep it from happening again and I feel fine and am back doing what I do. I look forward to riding with everyone.

insaneracin2003
01-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Great to hear it Dan,Welcome Back!!!

Admin
01-12-2007, 11:02 AM
I always knew that Dan had something strange going on upstairs:D

ATV Chic
01-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Glad to hear you're ok! Take care!:)

suzukigirl
01-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by sexyatvchic