View Full Version : BEST NERFBARS!!! your opinions PLEASE!!

untouchable911
12-13-2006, 04:07 PM
looking for some tough but and built well nerfbars that last and can take a beating.. and a good place to get them ! any opinions welcome PICTURES PLEASE.. thankx everyone

06honda450er
12-13-2006, 04:15 PM
i would only get one kind of nerf bars and those are AC. i have the black line and love them. ill try to get you some pics as soon as i can.

rollie
12-13-2006, 04:35 PM
i had AC, Now i have rath, i will never run another nerf except Raths, the quailty of they nerfs are amazing, the powdercoat is strong and perfect, and i love the net heel gaurds,and they have steel pegs, instead of the aluminum on AC/Blingstar/DG. just my opinon though:cool:

roundsy
12-13-2006, 04:43 PM
yeah the raths look pretty intense as well as ims/roll pegs with ac/ims nerfs, they are built tough

outlaw450r
12-13-2006, 04:44 PM
AC relocated propegs with replaceable stainless steel pegs.
Bought mine from www.magicracing.com

TWISTED
12-13-2006, 05:03 PM
PRO ARMOR....

mike nash
12-13-2006, 05:09 PM
I got the Rath, pegs are so sharp they wore my boots down quick. I'm sure they would last a life time on the track.But after one XC race they were brutalized and bent at the peg mounts even the nets were trashed. High dollar don't buy for XC racing you'll be disappointed. My DG propeg were great just the pegs aren't replaceable like the newer ones. Now I'm leaning towards the AC with relocated pegs,there SWEET!

eganracing
12-13-2006, 05:16 PM
I would stay away from AC and proarmor. i have bent/broken both and now i am currently looking into the IMS setup. heres a pic of what happened to my proarmors.

mike nash
12-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Doesn't IMS use AC nerfs?

eganracing
12-13-2006, 06:02 PM
yes but they just attach to the peg. i should have stated what kind of AC nerf bars i bought. i had the propeg design which includes a new foot peg design. i want the IMS setup cause it uses 3 different items. this way if i break or bend something i can just replace one item instead of the entire thing.

450R_lover
12-13-2006, 06:07 PM
ive had ac standard nerfs from day 1. and they are still in great shape, day one was april 15th, 2004!!! they are build good.. i'd recommend them!

rsb5772
12-13-2006, 06:27 PM
I have the Blingstar DC. I love the peg going all the way to the end! I've put my foot all the way out there to keep it from coming up in turns a few times.

mike nash
12-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by rsb5772
I have the Blingstar DC. I love the peg going all the way to the end! I've put my foot all the way out there to keep it from coming up in turns a few times.
Those are really Great looking nerfs. I was concerned about the pegs getting dull and not being able to sharpen them. Glad you like them,are they a good fit? My Rath wobble not really snug and solid like I would have expected.

Dave400ex
12-13-2006, 06:45 PM
I'm going to get the IMS pegs and nerfs for mine. Expensive setup, but as said before, if you mess up the nerf you can replace just that.

rsb5772
12-13-2006, 07:38 PM
They fit fine, but one used to rattle a little when I wasn't on the bike and it drove me crazy. I tried to wrap some electrical tape around the mount/bar that it slid over but it would just role up and not allow it to go all the way on. It stopped doing it, but I was just going to put some rtv on it! I sure wouldn't let that push you away from them, they're awesome!

GIXXER1KR
12-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Seems like everyone has mixed opinions about them all.I have the DG Race pegs on my 06 and hate them.They have been welded on the steel bracket that bolts the aluminum foot pegs to the frame.And are now cracked on the outer nerf also.Ill never buy them again and now i dont know what to get next after reading this!!!Especially seeing they vary from $300 to $500...

bigz-71
12-13-2006, 08:12 PM
can someone please post a pic of the Rath nerf bars.

TCracin440ex
12-13-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by outlaw450r
AC relocated propegs with replaceable stainless steel pegs.
Bought mine from www.magicracing.com

those are the ones ive got i bought them directly from ac racing i got the alu. finish instead of the black ones...and i love them....they are great

ShiftFMX
12-13-2006, 08:40 PM
This was the first day I got my 450r...best pic I have of my AC they have a double thumbs up from me!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/ShiftFMX/DSC01486.jpg

dunebuggie66
12-13-2006, 09:43 PM
pro peg nerfs in general are junk, eventually they'll snap off, or screw up your frame. buy standard nerfs, and invest in some ims pegs.

eganracing
12-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by dunebuggie66
pro peg nerfs in general are junk, eventually they'll snap off, or screw up your frame. buy standard nerfs, and invest in some ims pegs.

im gonna have to agree with u on that one

GIXXER1KR
12-13-2006, 10:05 PM
U kinda got me thinking.I doubt any of the aluminum propegs can hold up to what a stock peg could.Some nice IMS Standard Nerfs and u can always add the sweet IMS pegs and healgaurds later.A ton better than a $300 disposable propeg setup... :DBut the AC blacklines with the netted heel gaurd look pretty decent but ive heard horror stories about how they fit!

eganracing
12-13-2006, 10:23 PM
right now im running stock pegs cause they seem to be the strongest setup so far. im hopin my new IMS setup will be strong *** hell and last at least 6 months. if your gonna get ac's u should get the bare aluminum. i have seen many black ones all chipped up and lookin like crap.

GIXXER1KR
12-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Well i am leaning more toward the IMS nerfs with either my stock pegs and the Ims Roll pegs added later or i might just say the hell with it and just get the nerfs and pegs all at once.Still debating.Do u think the AC will hold up.I have never ran heel gaurds so im still thinking about that.If i go with IMS i can always add heel gaurds later.

eganracing
12-13-2006, 10:55 PM
i think anything that isnt a propeg design will hold up well. but i think the three seperate peice design will be the best setup.

GIXXER1KR
12-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Hey i was reading on another site that the Ims nerfs come with Ubolts to hold it to the frame instead of the motor mount and is a pain if u run a skid plate.Someone even said the IMS pegs with the Pro Armor regular nerfs with no heal gaurds is a nice set up!Much better netting to prevent getting caught up near the frame!!!:)

400exrider0004
12-13-2006, 11:12 PM
I would go with the IMS/ROll package. The product is great and I havent had a problem with any of it yet. The fit was perfect. IMHO I would go with IMS/ROll....

eganracing
12-13-2006, 11:15 PM
where did u buy your setup and how much did it run u?

rlplive
12-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider0004
I would go with the IMS/ROll package. The product is great and I havent had a problem with any of it yet. The fit was perfect. IMHO I would go with IMS/ROll....

Ya that u bolt is a huge problem if you run a skid plate

eganracing
12-13-2006, 11:39 PM
im going with the kick up

GIXXER1KR
12-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Hey check out the Pro Armor site.They sell peg maximisers that bolt to your OEM pegs.If u did that and there sport nerfs i think u would have an indestructable set of nerfs.The only problem i have heard about the Pro Armors is that the heel gaurds bend.So minus that and beef up your stock pegs and your golden.I think i might go this route for about $250!!!

rlplive
12-14-2006, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by eganracing
im going with the kick up
dumb question what is the kick up?

12-14-2006, 07:13 AM
the kick up is an piece on the end of the peg that actually bends up away from the ground...this way you can use it for side to side leverage...very nice feature to have

rlplive
12-14-2006, 07:24 AM
what do you guys think of this setup?
http://blingstar.com/product.asp?jb_record_no=1&product_id=351&category_id=137&keyword_search=&brand_id=0&sort=1&dir=2&pg=1
those heelguards
these nerfs
http://blingstar.com/product.asp?jb_record_no=4&product_id=332&category_id=137&keyword_search=&brand_id=0&sort=1&dir=2&pg=1

and these for the stock pegs

http://www.proarmor.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=49_400_419_423&products_id=480

I think this is what I am going to go with but not 100%

rollie
12-14-2006, 01:08 PM
Raths

rlplive
12-14-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by rollie
Raths
Man I might just try those out. What type of riding do you do and how are they holdin up?

AtvKid4Eva
12-14-2006, 02:49 PM
X-Factor pro pegs are definetly the best fit and finish i think and are storng...i wouldnt buy anything else. just my opinion

fandl450r
12-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by AtvKid4Eva
X-Factor pro pegs are definetly the best fit and finish i think and are storng...i wouldnt buy anything else. just my opinion

Agreed, only nerf's I'll run. :)

rollie
12-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by rlplive
Man I might just try those out. What type of riding do you do and how are they holdin up?

i race MX, and the occasional sand pit, there holding up awsome, i got in a tangle up at the last practice, a guy came right into me while i was taking the outside, i expected the powdercoat to be chipped where he hit me, but nothing, no sign that anything ever hit it, there a little pricey but the metal theu use is thicker than anyothers, the welds are great, they come with replaceable steel pegs, so they wont wear down like the aluminuim ones on DG/AC/blingstar,i think my favorite part would be the net heal guards though, i personally think they look awsome, and you cant feel them at all, but thier there when you need them, also i would go though cernicsracing.com i ordered mine from them, came fast, but they didnt come with any nets, so i called them up and told kyle what happened, i told him i needed them by sunday (it was tuesday when i called) and he sent them out no questions asked and they where here on tuesday, lol sorry for the long post:devil:

patrickj75
12-14-2006, 03:22 PM
i run Rath nerfs also. i race TT and have been hit a few times and they've held up great.

patrick

rlplive
12-14-2006, 03:25 PM
i race MX, and the occasional sand pit, there holding up awsome, i got in a tangle up at the last practice, a guy came right into me while i was taking the outside, i expected the powdercoat to be chipped where he hit me, but nothing, no sign that anything ever hit it, there a little pricey but the metal theu use is thicker than anyothers, the welds are great, they come with replaceable steel pegs, so they wont wear down like the aluminuim ones on DG/AC/blingstar,i think my favorite part would be the net heal guards though, i personally think they look awsome, and you cant feel them at all, but thier there when you need them, also i would go though cernicsracing.com i ordered mine from them, came fast, but they didnt come with any nets, so i called them up and told kyle what happened, i told him i needed them by sunday (it was tuesday when i called) and he sent them out no questions asked and they where here on tuesday, lol sorry for the long post:devil:

sweet man, I run the woods and ride my buddies track and haven't been in any races yet but I am not ruling that out. The whole reason I am interested is those net heelguards this is what happened to my f'n pro armors

JW450R1
12-14-2006, 04:49 PM
BLINGSTAR makes a very nice nerf.i love mind

rollie
12-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by rlplive
sweet man, I run the woods and ride my buddies track and haven't been in any races yet but I am not ruling that out. The whole reason I am interested is those net heelguards this is what happened to my f'n pro armors

damn man that sucks :( , how do you like your rossier, and your rebuilds? i plan on getting both, thanks:cool:

Dave400ex
12-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Well I planned on running the IMS nerfs with pegs, but with that u-bolt they won't work. Looks like I'll be getting AC nerfs to go on the IMS pegs.

I've also heard that the AC nerfs cause problems with the mounting hardware on a PRM skid plate because they have that plate that goes on frame. Anyone has experience with this?

rlplive
12-14-2006, 06:53 PM
damn man that sucks :( , how do you like your rossier, and your rebuilds? i plan on getting both, thanks:cool:
The rossier is top notch man, if you get one go straight through Joe at rossier, he is a one man show and he will help you out in any way possible. And I haven't rode on the rebuilds yet but I am getting antsy, I have been real busy with finals. I still need to put my a arms and stem and bars on. I will let you know how she rides

GIXXER1KR
12-14-2006, 09:27 PM
These look mean...
http://cernicsracing.com/rathracingmonsterpegs.html

rlplive
12-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by GIXXER1KR
These look mean...
http://cernicsracing.com/rathracingmonsterpegs.html
I just bought the black Rath's from their website today. I just got the regular pegs because I wanted black, but those do look mean. I just ordered some white 07 plastic too so I am gonna be rejuvenated

rlplive
12-14-2006, 09:32 PM
just realized you could get the monster pegs in black lol whoops. Anyhow i got the reg pegs hahaha

GIXXER1KR
12-14-2006, 09:34 PM
I kinda want the black to.To match everything else.But i dont know how it will hold up.

rlplive
12-14-2006, 09:44 PM
talk to rollie, he says the p coat is top notch. Said he has had a couple collisions on the track and they are unscathed

rollie
12-15-2006, 12:33 PM
yep i wouldnt worry about the PC, seemes extremely durable so far:macho