PDA

View Full Version : jetting

AtvRider21
09-17-2002, 05:34 PM
when i went to my local deaer all he had was a 160 main jet and no 42 pilot will my 400ex with wb pipe, kn filter and 14 tooth front sprocket be alright with that. also howd i change it he said something bout taking the oil thing out please help thanks

also with that setup will my 400ex have loooots more power thanks

09-17-2002, 05:47 PM
sell your 400ex and get a 89 trx250r muhahah

Dune Surfer
09-17-2002, 08:35 PM
Ihave the same mods and run a 160 main and stock pilot. You don't change the oil he was messing with you. You have to take off the carb. Look for a post on this sits on how to do it by deathbringer, or click on the search button and enter jetting. I think the post I used was called How to install a K&N jet kit. Its easy and you should know how. Good luck

kineo3
09-18-2002, 05:46 AM
You do not have to remove the carb. Just take your crankcase breather tube off and take a 17mm wrench and loosen the nut on the bottom of the carb. Then take a 6mm socket and feel around for the main jet and remove. Do the reverse to put new jet in. This only works for the main jet, not the pilot jet. You also want to put a towel or somthing over the hole where your crankcase overflow tube hooks on, it is very possible to drop your jet down in there and your 5 minute job just got ugly:mad:

AtvRider21
09-18-2002, 01:36 PM
he said like take the oil dish out and unscrew the jet and put the new one on is that right

tprender
09-18-2002, 04:02 PM
If you are just changing the main jet do like kineo3 said. But you will find that it is best to change the pilot jet. This will amke it a whole lot easier to start. Go back to the dealer and see if they have a 45 pilot. You can get this pilot from any dealer, it does not have to come from Honda. It does have to be the onbe with the threads on the main body of the jet.