PDA

View Full Version : TRX 250EX Upgrades

hiding007
12-13-2006, 10:09 AM
I was wanting to know what all of the upgrades that can be put on a 2002 TRX 250EX. I am wanting to fix it up here soon. Some people say that the FMF Megamax II just makes it sound louder. Is this true? What kind of exhaust could I get if this is true. What big bore kits? And does anyone know of any websites to go to for getting a big bore kit for it?

4TraxRider
12-13-2006, 11:07 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=76&daysprune=365&sortorder=&sortfield=lastpost&perpage=35&pagenumber=2

Try posting in here or doing a search. There's a bunch of pipe threads I've seen in the past and a lot of pictures of 250EX's to give you an idea of what they look like with some mods.

HondaEXrider22
12-13-2006, 12:41 PM
Start with a pipe, air filter and some new jets for your carb.
There are many kinds of each, research for the best one to fit you.

Power?
Noise?
Price?
Looks?

Questions you need to ask yourself before you buy anything.

ryanh250ex
12-14-2006, 12:51 AM
In short....

Megamax= waste of your money.
Only real "big bore" kit out there is the Powroll kit (Powroll.com), but if you go with that kit once the motor is tired and needs another rebuild you'll have to re-sleeve the cylinder.

I have a Pro Circuit full system that for the right price i would sell. Email me @ hogan9ac@erau.edu for details.

450ERRRRRR!
12-14-2006, 06:54 AM
I'd forget about the big bore kit. If you need a bigger bore just trade up. Do what you have already been told. On a 250ex all you need to do is add a slip on exhaust, I'm using a white brothers and it sounds great. add a high flow air filter and bump up the main jet to a 110-112. Thats about all you need to do to a 250ex. Remember it will never be a race quad so dont waste a bunch of money trying to make it.

red4ever
12-14-2006, 06:15 PM
the powroll kit is a good idea. it is only like a 20cc bore but it has a high(er) compression piston and an intake rocker. dyno jets and a k&n filter would be the first things id put on it tho