PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP! Noise I'm not sure where coming from?

Honda6T9Rider
12-13-2006, 08:41 AM
Hello Everyone,

I recently picked up a 04 450r that needed the cam install (stage2) so when we got it home we proceeded to install cam and check valve clearence The intake was dead on! but the exhaust was about .003 tight so we proceeded to finsh job and start bike so we finshed and turned on fuel and kicked bike over and it started in one kick! but died so then rekicked and it fired again w/ choke on and it sat there a ran and sounded fine! after a few sec's my buddy stabbed the trottle a couple of times and It sounded GREAT! but then cam a rattle that is only there at a idle and it's not constistent either. it kinda comes and goes and when it make rattle it makes the motor have a miss , so the next day I took over other friends to let him hear and we took out cam chain tenshner (spelling LOL) anyways we wanted to make sure it was moveing freely and was able to come all the way out. after we checked we just left it all the way out and just bolted it back in the motor. Now befire we bolted I could push the tenshner all the way but about 1/8 inch or so... w/o bolting! w/ tenshner all the way out! so after we bolted in motor we started bike and it ran GREAT for like 5 to 8 min just sitting there idleing NO MISSES NO RATTLES then it cam by it self and it was making noises and just slightly missing Now if you touch thottle a little noise goes away! so. I'm wondering if it the cam chain. we took off valve cover and started to see if we could hear anything but it way to hard. but while cover was off,with chain tight. You could still seem to move chain???? Is that possible or is my chain streched?????? is this a know problem w/ the 450r's Would like some info before I just go start buying parts I may not need. Now when I got it has brand new rings, and new intake valves,seats,seals etc etc . Thats what I was told anyway. Bike runs GREAT but need the rattle gone it's not a lifter tic or nothing in bottle end. We are sure it has something to do w/ chain?????? since noise went away after we messed w/ tenshner but then cam back!!!! Also the cam tenshner seems to working good????? We think! PLEASE HELP! Thankx Everyone!

Honda6T9Rider
12-14-2006, 04:49 AM
Come on! Anybody? No ones heard of this?

PLEASE HELP!