PDA

View Full Version : Friend got 06 450r what do you think of my suggestions.

86250rbanshee
12-13-2006, 08:01 AM
He is asking me about some things for his 450r, I'd like to hook him up nicely. I can get him about any pipe and anything he wants, because dealer for Tucker and PU and all those guys. But anyway since I dont have one, I am not sure I want to suggest to him the HRC kit but do you have to buy that from dealer, I can also get OEM parts too so is there a OEm part# for it? And what all does it include. I'm assuming its a 06'. So I'm thinking that kit and LRD silencer, or system, a good filter K&n or UNI (or whatever) a full skid plate maybe just start with that. And other suggestions.

86250rbanshee
12-13-2006, 01:23 PM
So what is everyone thoughts, I'm just thinking throwing on a HRC kit, and a LRD pipe or whatever good brand HMF whatever and a skid or 2 and and get some tread off tires then get a set of razor's or a good trail tire

12-13-2006, 01:54 PM
first off..protect that bad boy with a .250 thick swinger skid and any thickness chassis skid.

then after that...he should concentrate on handling and suspension. a better handling quad will be faster with a stock motor than one witha just a pipe, rejet, and filter.

after that, then the go fast parts should come...

hemp450r
12-14-2006, 06:32 PM
maybe the guy should learn to ride the quad to its true stock potential before making any expensive investements into it, i am a little tired of guys buying rides putting thousands into them just to go out and sit on it while watching people like me who CAN ride. most people don't realize the power and torque they come with in stock form. people should make their own product assesments instead of just accepting what their friends have on their machines, lets all try to be unique out there

tim colston
12-15-2006, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by hemp450r
maybe the guy should learn to ride the quad to its true stock potential before making any expensive investements into it, i am a little tired of guys buying rides putting thousands into them just to go out and sit on it while watching people like me who CAN ride. most people don't realize the power and torque they come with in stock form. people should make their own product assesments instead of just accepting what their friends have on their machines, lets all try to be unique out there

The original post mentioned nothing about him not knowing how to ride. What do you care how much another person puts into their ride? Unless they owe you money then you have know say. I do agree on the point that a stock 450r is very powerful and has a nice amount of torque, but I personally bought my Lrd because I heard one at a race and liked the sound and the added low end torque. Maybe the dude is unaware of all the products that are out there and wanted his buddies opinion. Sounds like a good decision to ask someone who is a little more versed on the subject than to make random stabs in the dark for atv parts.

My two cents. I am not bashing or trying to start something just MO

tim colston
12-15-2006, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
first off..protect that bad boy with a .250 thick swinger skid and any thickness chassis skid.

then after that...he should concentrate on handling and suspension. a better handling quad will be faster with a stock motor than one witha just a pipe, rejet, and filter.

after that, then the go fast parts should come...

I agree with this as well. Protect that bad boy first!

hemp450r
12-16-2006, 01:55 PM
didn't mean for it to come off so harsh. just that when getting a new bike/quad you need to learn where it needs improvement the most, thus using all funds available to achieve the highest prformance affordably.

lil_billy_300ex
12-17-2006, 03:45 PM
id go with suspension, new axle and some wider a arms first, jmo.

scubasteve450r
12-17-2006, 08:23 PM
when i first bought my 06 it had a terrible dead spot on the bottom. i put the hrc kit in and set everything to the hrc specs except for the air screw spec{not sure now what it called for but i have it at 3 turns out from bottom}and the bike is a great for any thing short of full fledged competition. i have also recently gone to a full + 2 setup which i like very much but is quite spendy. basically i would say the same protect it, get the power smoth and even, then ride it a while and see where he wants to mod it if any at all.

ricks450
12-17-2006, 09:10 PM
it all depends on what kind of riding he does. if he rides in woods i would set it up for low to mid. if he flat tracks i would set it up for mid to high. i personally like hotcams. stage1 for woods and stage2 for flat tracking. get a tunable exhaust so you can adjust back pressure to what you have done. its a good exhaust to have all around. and remove the airbox cover to breath, if he doesnt ride in water. i got a carbon fiber full chassie skid plate that works pretty good. got it off ebay, not the best in the world but i have put it throw hell and its held up good. got it for $80.00. and every tire serves its purpose so depending what riding he does depends what tire. if he trail rides i would stay away from mx tires.

ricks450
12-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by ricks450
it all depends on what kind of riding he does. if he rides in woods i would set it up for low to mid. if he flat tracks i would set it up for mid to high. i personally like hotcams. stage1 for woods and stage2 for flat tracking. get a tunable exhaust so you can adjust back pressure to what you have done. its a good exhaust to have all around. and remove the airbox cover to breath, if he doesnt ride in water. i got a carbon fiber full chassie skid plate that works pretty good. got it off ebay, not the best in the world but i have put it throw hell and its held up good. got it for $80.00. and every tire serves its purpose so depending what riding he does depends what tire. if he trail rides i would stay away from mx tires. i wouldnt widen it if he rides in woods neither it will make it a pain to fit throw some trails

balls2da-wall
12-18-2006, 03:20 AM
I race XC with NO engine mods other than a filter and slip-on...all my money is in the suspension , protection, tires, ect. I also know a few pro's running stock motors...its not nessacery unless you really need the power for MX or what-not. They will be more reliable if you dont touch the engine.

ricks450
12-18-2006, 04:56 AM
true, but i like alot of power. i personlly have mine set up for mid to high end. i like to go fast. and i have no problem riding in woods, i just know how to ride it though. but you are right about staying out the motor for reliability. but i just cant, i got to make it go faster r i will compliain. but i do pay for it to. :D

Architects
12-18-2006, 07:01 AM
Everyones throwing out advice not even knowing what is style of riding is. Unless I missed it.