PDA

View Full Version : who uses their bluetooth

12-13-2006, 06:42 AM
my wife and i just got phones that have bluetooth capabilities...she drives 35 miles a day to work...would the extra price of a headset be worth the cost of it?

i always found it pretentious when i have seen people wearing the little earpice, just to have it. i have seen a lady that was helping with a kindergarden thanksgiving party leave hers on...she don't work. i just wanted to slap her for that...i don't want my wife to be one of those people...

so with that being said, do you think it would be beneficial to her simply because of the drive. also we do not use our phones a lot...if the 2 of us hit 75 to 100 minutes a month, i am a shocked.

troutman561
12-13-2006, 10:50 AM
I used to have one but they are really hard to hear out of if there is any background noise. Also, you sometimes have to talk louder than usual for the other person to hear you if there is background noise....

12-13-2006, 11:00 AM
thanks, i think i am going to get her one for christmas...still not sure though...they seem to be cheaper on ebay, but then again, i could be buying a knockoff too...

flht_db
12-13-2006, 12:06 PM
I got my new phone right after surgery to repair a torn bicep and my left arm was in a splint/cast. Made it difficult t talk and drive (I don't like to anyway) so I got the bluetooth. Works well in the truck and that is pretty much were I keep it unless it need charging. Plus technically in the police state of NJ it or similar is required by law.

My ride is 40 miles each way if it was a shorter ride can't say that I would use it.

Dennis

12-13-2006, 12:09 PM
her drive is 35 miles give ro take...seems like most of the time i am calling her on her cell is when she is driving home from work...just not sure if it is worth the 50 dollars or so for the headset

flht_db
12-13-2006, 12:16 PM
I still use mine in the truck and it is more comfortable. And mostly have it because the wife calls me when I'm on the way home. Prefer to take the bike, the the phone and blackberry go in the bags and are not touched till I get where I am going.

Villageidiott23
12-13-2006, 12:29 PM
just a suggestion, i dont use the blue tooth but i have a smaller hands free piece that i use that works just fine. a whole lot cheaper, and it lets me keep my eyes on the road...

LuckyOxygen
12-13-2006, 04:21 PM
The earpeices are ok. Just remember you pay for what you get....
BTW I just use my bluetooth for sending/receiving ringtones. I just simply do not like the earpeice.

jesshamner
12-13-2006, 09:28 PM
The hands free option is great for driving. I hate holding the phone up to my ear for longer than a couple minutes. There are other options for hands free operation though.

WhiteYFZ
12-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
thanks, i think i am going to get her one for christmas...still not sure though...they seem to be cheaper on ebay, but then again, i could be buying a knockoff too...

true, but look for someone with a good rating and a name brand. i bought a motorola H3 off of ebay, and it works great. i think i paid like 35 and there like 80 new. idk how they do it lol.

metalmellinium
12-13-2006, 10:26 PM
I just got a new truck and has U connect in it. I can set up my phone thru bluetooth so it plays thru my speakers and goes thru my navy so it displays the numbers.