PDA

View Full Version : does anybody have asr arms and how do they like them

mitchyfz
12-13-2006, 05:26 AM
like the thread says lookin at purchasen some cuz of their lifetime warranty and good price, let me know how they hold up
thanks for any info

F-16Guy
12-13-2006, 04:40 PM
I haven't had any problems. My advice would be to have them upgrade the lower ball joints to their best quality Heim joints, and buy or make dust boots for the heims in the ball joint locations, otherwise, they start to bind and squeek when they get dirty. To be honest, I would probably buy arms with traditional ball joints.

banshee84
12-13-2006, 07:52 PM
just bought some +3+1s for my gf's blaster but they are for x-mas. They look realy well built. As far as the heim joints go: I have heims on my banshee and I just spary silicone lube on them before each ride and after each wash. No problems yet with squeeks.

12-17-2006, 04:11 PM
I think they look kind of like lsr Arms. I have asr pro star A-arms and they will last for ever. The warranty is only when your using aftermarket shocks made for your quad. If your running stock shocks their is no warranty. Heim joints offer more travle than ball joints and are much stronger.
Make sure you use lock tight on the bolts that hold the heim joints to geather or they will come out. If you get them in black the pouder coat is so thin paint holds up better. Mine are the grey ones and the color holds perfect but the tie rods are black and i had them all chiped up just trying to put em on. I dont know if their differant thread pattern but trying to twist the asr tie rods on to my stock ends was hard cause it was cross threading. But overall their good. I got mine from quadpartsguy on ebay new for $420 shipped asr prostar +3,+1.

400exrider707
12-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Heims are stronger in some cases, but they last no where near as long. I totally hate the 12 point adjustability and IMO makes the arms weaker, and I wouldn't trust them.

Also banshee84 you're NOT supposed to spray anything on those heims, they will wear out 10x faster now.:rolleyes: