View Full Version : Revalves. whos got them

Architects
12-13-2006, 12:23 AM
Who all has shock conversions here? Im looking at getting derisi's full Mx conversion with +2's and an axle

- Who did your conversions( Derisi/ GTThunder/ C&D)
- Are you happy with them
- Mx or Xc
- What size jumps are you hitting. (tabletops/triples/doubles)
- Are you bottoming out?
- Whats type of a-arms are you running
- Do you wish you waited for LT.
- For the people who have had both how did your conversions compare to your current LT setup?

PS. Feel free to post pictures.

Lonestar_R
12-13-2006, 05:18 PM
I have Derisi XC Revalves on my 06 450. And I can't be happier.....they are the best money I have spent on anything I have bought for my quad. I am running stock a-arms and swingarm with Derisi's rear link and it is awesome. It lowered the quad almost 3 inches and the ride is so plush compared to stock. Take your shocks off and send them to him and never look back. You will be amazed. I cannot say enough good things about Santo and his work.

trx450jason
12-13-2006, 05:27 PM
i have C&D revavles and i love them. their set up for +2 housers

450R_lover
12-13-2006, 05:28 PM
im getting ready to get the derisi full mx rebuilds also. I would like to know how everyone likes them too.
Keep em' comin'!! :macho

ss440ex
12-13-2006, 06:25 PM
j-hracing all the way.
Great job and to deal with!!

danniheyj82888
12-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Lonestar_R
I have Derisi XC Revalves on my 06 450. And I can't be happier.....they are the best money I have spent on anything I have bought for my quad. I am running stock a-arms and swingarm with Derisi's rear link and it is awesome. It lowered the quad almost 3 inches and the ride is so plush compared to stock. Take your shocks off and send them to him and never look back. You will be amazed. I cannot say enough good things about Santo and his work.

I have been looking into this also. I want to get mine.. pretty much the same setup as you did. If you dont mind saying, how much did it cost and how long did it take for you to have them shipped back? THANKS

GIXXER1KR
12-13-2006, 07:40 PM
I was gonna do the same but wasnt sure if id be unhappy or not so i went Long Travel with a GT Thunder link and all aftermarket shocks.I have a nice set of used +2+1 Arms for sale.

Architects
12-13-2006, 11:36 PM
keep it coming guys

Unicam450r
12-16-2006, 06:42 AM
I have the GT Thunder revalves and they work really well....

I have +2 arms

+1 1/4 swinger

setup for mx with the link and it's like night and day.

and Laz is the man.... answers emails very fast and was always there for help. I would recommend him to everyone.

The main difference you'll see between derisi and gt thunder is that gt actually limits the shaft travel... derisi revalves for weight but no mods to the actual shock.

hope this helps

12-16-2006, 07:19 AM
I have GT Thunders first generation setup. It is the progressive front springs with the XC link and all three revalved. I got lucky and got in on a group buy. It only cost me $500 for the whole set up. The rear is amazing compared to stock. The front is way better also. He has a better set up now. It was money well spent.

Lonestar_R
12-16-2006, 08:43 AM
Here is a pic of my dual rate fronts from DeRisi

MAD450r
12-16-2006, 09:26 AM
So far im very happy with them. I had them setup for +2+1 burgards, but recently switched to +2.5+1 lone stars. I havent gotten any pics with the new arms on yet.

When I rode with the burgards it handled night and day better than stock. I took it to rocky hill CT and loved its handling on the small track they have there. I let a b class racer take it for a rip he could c;ear the largest table with ease, he then came over and asked who did suspension he said it never bottomed out not even when he flatlanded the largest table [he overshot it}. I told him derisi did them and they are setup for 130lb rider, he said I weigh 175 and still it didnt bottom out.

I did mess with the rear shock settins to make it track strait throuh the whoops. O the small track in rocky hill/ I was hammering though the whoops in 4th gear pinned.

That b class rider tried to get me to hit big jump as hard as he did. I told him im legally blind and he was like get out of here I seen you tear up the rest of the track. I cant judge depth too well thats why i dont like to get to high in the air. Every other jump jump on that track i can do perfectly.

heres a pic or 2 with my burgards still on my R
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid203/pf5d51cf10ee289d3211c45ef9b7bf035/ef9d53fd.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid203/p0b0e186e13740f6aeaa1dbeaf0685461/ef9d5401.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid194/p07ef3d96162d1b775530825c8f33a9af/f16ab1dd.jpg

that last pic was when first rode with them on, hadnt dialed in the rear yet or didnt have my better tires installed.

Hope to get some new pics sooner or later, showing my new frontend and my flexxbars and damper. Sucks i've been slow to finish since i have a broken hand.

Lesson learned alcohol and woman dont mix unless in moderation.

rockabilly13
12-16-2006, 05:35 PM
I just sent mine out to Dersi to get the mx setup done to them. And they also do a mod to the front to get about 2 inches more travel now. Can't wait to get them back. It was bottoming out so bad before.

Architects
12-17-2006, 12:28 AM
Sounds good guys. Im still torn on what I want. But I think this is the route Im going. Any others out there?

Sjorge450R
12-17-2006, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Architects
Sounds good guys. Im still torn on what I want. But I think this is the route Im going. Any others out there?

im going to be sending at least my rear to Derisi before March. I think the fronts can get by until the summer, but the rear needs to be changed. It sucks soooo bad.