PDA

View Full Version : Why is finding a job so hard!?

rollie
12-12-2006, 08:08 PM
well i used to work for my dad during the summer to mod out the 300, well now that im serious about racing i need to have my R ready to go by april, so im job hunting as of right now, lol but i didnt think it was going to be this difficult, nobody is hiring, then again im limted to where i can work for a few more months untill i get my licsence, hopefully i'll find one quick so i can get this quad movin with aftermarkets!!, lol sorry i just had to vent

firefighterjosh
12-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Mcdonalds is always hiring:ermm:

rollie
12-12-2006, 08:22 PM
yah ik they are, however everyone ive talked to says its such a bad job, and you have to like make a certain number of ham burgers in a certian amount of time, lol not my think, im gonna go apply down at the pool store i guess, lol

firefighterjosh
12-12-2006, 08:24 PM
How bad could it be??? I worked for a resturant 4 years as a cook when I was 14 years old. They had like 800 million zillion things on the menu and all had to be cooked fresh. Micky Ds everything is pree made.

But I would go with teh Pool Store lol Sounds funner

250ex13
12-12-2006, 08:33 PM
You should sell me your pitbike. You'd have plenty of money to mod then.:D

rollie
12-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by 250ex13
You should sell me your pitbike. You'd have plenty of money to mod then.:D

lol ok...$4,000:D

Aceman
12-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Have you tried looking for jobs through your employment department yet?

trx450jason
12-12-2006, 08:53 PM
its always easier to get a job when you've already had one. it looks bad when you apply for somewhere and dont have references. i started out washing dishes which sucks haha but worked my way up to cooking which i liked

250ex13
12-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by rollie
lol ok...$4,000:D
Hahah, DEAL!

NAUGHHTTTT (Would'nt understand unless you've seen borat):D

rollie
12-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by 250ex13
Hahah, DEAL!

NAUGHHTTTT (Would'nt understand unless you've seen borat):D

yo vinallia face, im not lookin for a new 110 home, my slab is parked in the garage, hahahaha that movie rocks

derekhonda
12-12-2006, 09:06 PM
yah ik they are, however everyone ive talked to says its such a bad job, and you have to like make a certain number of ham burgers in a certian amount of time, lol not my think, im gonna go apply down at the pool store i guess, lol

Pool store, as in "swimming pools." My guess....not hiring in december.

Better shot...department stores. They hire anyone with a pulse around this time of the year. Walmart, KMart, etc. and any stores in the mall.

12-13-2006, 04:16 AM
grocery store mang. I work at shoprite pushing carts, best/easiest job ever. I just push a couple of cars, listing to my iPod and talk to the other kids that work there. I'm in the same boat as you, but i still gotta pay payments:mad: so i barley have anything for aftermarket yet. I'm going to have to start hustling.:o

Mxjunkie
12-13-2006, 05:02 AM
Landscaping in the summer time is good seasonal work, I it last summer for about 3 months and brought home close to 3 grand and they even sent me bonus check about 2 weeks ago and I havent worked there in 2 months.. :cool:

Raptor68
12-13-2006, 06:11 AM
It shouldn't be too hard to find a job now with the Christmas season here. A lot of stores are hiring because they need the extra help. Like mentioned above, look at the mall and restaurants. However, they might not keep you around after the holiday rush is over with.

rbgnwa45
12-13-2006, 06:17 AM
I gave out around 10 resumes the other day. No calls back. I'm hoping to crack Walmart. My mom told me this morning that I may be able to work in a car audio installation shop she looked into for me :eek2: I hope to god I can work there. It makes up like a tenth of my life.

12-13-2006, 06:27 AM
get a good deal on a dirtbike or quad. fixer up, and sell it and get profit, and conttinue.

Or you could start slanging, get a nice qp..:o

gbcap
12-13-2006, 07:01 AM
department stores would be the ticket this time of year!!! you can get some serious hours and the pay is ok. plus the holiday rush goes all the way thru the end of january with people returning stuff.

rbgnwa45
12-13-2006, 07:37 AM
Who wants holiday rush? :eek2:

12-13-2006, 07:59 AM
the economy is THAT bad and to be honest i think its going to get worse before it gets better...but for the ones that can servive they will do well....i knwo a house that was apppraised at 87 thousand last year and was just sold for 22 thousand...:rolleyes: the economy is that bad...so if you can find a 6 or 7 dollar an hour job, TAKE IT and treat ur boss like a king...also sell your 300ex if you can get a decent number out of it

bwamos
12-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
I gave out around 10 resumes the other day. No calls back. I'm hoping to crack Walmart. My mom told me this morning that I may be able to work in a car audio installation shop she looked into for me :eek2: I hope to god I can work there. It makes up like a tenth of my life.

the trick is to not wait for them to call you. If you want the job.. take the initiative and call the manager yourself and get a meeting setup. ;)

If you just leave a resume' with no folowup action, it gets filed.. and forgotten. Don't be pushy, just assertive.

I also wouldn't expect to make $15/hr at your first job. ;)

rollie
12-13-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
the economy is THAT bad and to be honest i think its going to get worse before it gets better...but for the ones that can servive they will do well....i knwo a house that was apppraised at 87 thousand last year and was just sold for 22 thousand...:rolleyes: the economy is that bad...so if you can find a 6 or 7 dollar an hour job, TAKE IT and treat ur boss like a king...also sell your 300ex if you can get a decent number out of it

300ex was gone a while ago, i might be gettina job in a factory that makes eye glasses or somethin. lol

Mxjunkie
12-13-2006, 03:55 PM
300ex was gone a while ago, i might be gettina job in a factory that makes eye glasses or somethin. lol

lol alot of that is timed crap they make you do a certien amount of work in this amount of time and if it takes you more then it should it's on your on time..

the cnc shop I worked at did that, it's called flat rate.. I didnt work their long :p