PDA

View Full Version : wiring help

dober250R
12-12-2006, 08:05 PM
I need some wiring help. I figured I would make my first thread one about a bone-head move by me!!! This past weekend I took off my headlight (just unplugged the light) and sold it. Then, I unplugged the tail-light and sold that as well. In my madness, I decided that I didn't like the switch that sits by the rear brake pedal (cause the brake light is gone), so I took that off. Then I followed the wiring from that switch up to the harness, and unplugged it from the harness. (Here's when things went wrong). I didn't like how the harness had the plug for the taillight hanging from the back of the quad, so I shortened it up. BAD IDEA!! I cut a little too far, and cut the fat part of the wire-harness, and now, I can't start my quad with the switch. I can hotwire it by using a screwdriver and just connect the positive and negative on the thing that sits on the battery. This is an 07 Honda 450ER model. So here's what it's doing.... I put the key in, push the switch to run. And I don't even get a neutral light. I pulled back the wire harness to see which wires I have to work with. I have 3 green and yellow wires. 3 yellow and green wires. 1 brown wire. 2 black wires, and 1 solid green wire. And another solid green wire that wraps back into the harness. Does anyone know which wires I need to connect together? Any help would be appreciated. (worst comes to worst, I purchase a new wire harness) The pics are what I have left..... Thanks in advance!!!HELP!!!!

dober250R
12-12-2006, 08:05 PM
pic2

12-13-2006, 06:30 AM
Why don't you just splice it back together?

dober250R
12-13-2006, 07:48 AM
Should I just hook the wires together that are the same color? What do I do with the brown wire, 2 black wires, and 1 green wire???