PDA

View Full Version : Another 250r ignition question!

kfx_dean
12-12-2006, 02:56 PM
2 years ago I bought an 87 250r while I had a 03 KFX 400. The Kawi ran great and I put the 250r on the back-burner, now that the 400 needs rod bearings, it is now time to get this 250r up and running.
When I bought it, it ran, then at a track in missouri, it quit running. I am a 4-stroke guy, so this honda is new to me. I was riding all day with no problems, then the thing quit on me. I thought it was a plug, nope. So I figured the guy who owned it before me did something, he ran a bunch of extra lights so i ripped out all the extra wiring. After making my own wiring harness, the only thing I got was a little shock when cranking it.
If the cdi box is bad, what are the symptoms? What happens when your riding and it goes bad? I have wiring diagrams and have tried a few things, but nothing works. Is there any way to test a cdi box, or what else should I be looking for?
Thanks in advance!

Dave83
12-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Check the thread in this forum about electrical checks.It is stickied towards the top of the forum

TheFontMaster
12-12-2006, 05:44 PM
There is no way to check the CDI box, and get an accurate reading. If it comes down to it, and you are looking to replace it, I have an OEM one I would sell.