PDA

View Full Version : banshee power?

guesswho
12-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Hi.
i'm new here..
hope you guys can help a poor european guy :D

do you guys have any tips to gain more horse power for a banshee?
i dont wanna spend thousands of dollars.

and tors system what is that?

Xater
12-12-2006, 02:18 PM
welcome to atvriders, the first thing most people do is get an aftermarket exhaust system and rejet witch opens up the power alot. TORS stands for throttle override system. it turns off the motor if throttle is stuck open.

guesswho
12-12-2006, 02:21 PM
ok thanks..i never noticed that it turns off the engine if i have full throttle.

Xater
12-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by guesswho
ok thanks..i never noticed that it turns off the engine if i have full throttle.
it wont turn off if you have it wide open.... there is a small button on the throttle assembly the clicks in when the throttle isnt being pushed. if the engine is reving with the button pushed it is supposed to turn off the engine.

honda250xrider
12-12-2006, 03:16 PM
some type of intake for one large air filter, bigger carbs are always nice, Pipes are a must!!! they will open the banshee up alot, different reeds, and if you feel like arm ripping power send the heads off to be ported.

I had one with
proflow intake with k@n airfilter
toomey pipes they come with 270 main jets but i ended up with 320 before i was finally jetted right.
reeds

And it would literaly not be able to get any kind of traction whatsoever. Even with holeshot tires traction was a major issue with it. But the power always came on strong and was AWESOME! to say the least

firefighterjosh
12-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Get a TORs removel kit. Motion Pro makes one.

To get the most bang for you buck go with this.

Pro Design intake system. (stock is junk)

Pipes. Consider what kinda mods you are going to do down the road. T-6 or T-5 pipes are good for non ported or stroke engines. CPI pipes are good for Stroke big bore ported type of engines.

Don't forget to jet your carbs.

Thats a good start later down the road do this....

Ricky stator adjustible timing plate. Makes a huge diffrence. Stock there at -2 degrees. I have mine set for +6 and it is awesome. Reed vavles. I have Delta v - force 2's. I love them.

Don't waste your money on a boost bottle. they don't do crap.

Also check out bansheehq.com it has some great info as well.

guesswho
12-13-2006, 12:46 AM
ok thanks alot guys :D

firefighterjosh
12-13-2006, 12:51 AM
O yea another thing Pistons make a huge differnce too

guesswho
12-13-2006, 02:13 PM
thanks again:D
next week i think i gonna change the airfilter and rebuild the airbox,and give it some more fuel..then i do the other things you guys have tipset me about..
anyone have any idea if the banshee will be much faster/agressiv then if i change the airbox and give it more fuel?(i have a friend who sells atv's who gonna install this)

machwon
12-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Fix the air box so you can run without the air lid. After that, Pipes, head work and porting will make it scream!