PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake master cylinder

Kirt13
12-12-2006, 11:48 AM
My rear brake master cylinder is not straight (the rod between the cylinder and the brake lever). Causing the rod not to be able to go all the way in to the cylinder. I'm using a stock master cylinder and a ESR brake lever. Is it possible that I have the wrong style master cylinder or the wrong style brake lever? I bought the lever new from ESR and the master cylinder used but new from eBay.
Thanks in advance for the help!!

kiesta00
12-12-2006, 10:55 PM
I may be waaay off here but it seems like you have small bolts with washers holding your master cylinder onto the frame...that could cause an alignment issue b/w the pedal and cylinder. Do the bolt's O.D. match the I.D. of the cylinder's mount holes (meaning the bolts fit tight in the holes of the master cylinder)? I had that problem when I first got my bike...the idiot I bought it from had some small bolts holding the cylinder onto the frame and that let the cylinder rock back and forth and caused the alignment to be off.

Saint18z
12-13-2006, 06:19 PM
have you tried bleeding the rear caliper?

Kirt13
12-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by kiesta00
I may be waaay off here but it seems like you have small bolts with washers holding your master cylinder onto the frame...that could cause an alignment issue b/w the pedal and cylinder. Do the bolt's O.D. match the I.D. of the cylinder's mount holes (meaning the bolts fit tight in the holes of the master cylinder)? I had that problem when I first got my bike...the idiot I bought it from had some small bolts holding the cylinder onto the frame and that let the cylinder rock back and forth and caused the alignment to be off.
The bolts are good. Everything is tight.

800screws
12-15-2006, 11:39 AM
can u thread the mount at the end of the rod up any more? that would make the rod shorter and fix your angle...

Kirt13
12-15-2006, 02:44 PM
You just reminded me of something else. The bar has to be ALL the way out to reach the brake lever. It just doesn't seem like it fits right.

ChvyCruzen
12-15-2006, 02:51 PM
Sorry for thread drift, but did you replace your pipe? I noticed its not blue anymore.

Kirt13
12-15-2006, 02:53 PM
No problem......no, this is one of the original pictures before I ever started it up. It's still blue. :grr:

ChvyCruzen
12-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Well I think that blue pipe is cool!! :devil:
If you ever think about changing that pipe or whatever - PM me I might buy it.

I have no knowledge of rear master cylinder stuff - and that is definitely misaligned. It looks like you just need to angle the cylinder more to line up.

Kirt13
12-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by ChvyCruzen
Well I think that blue pipe is cool!! :devil:
If you ever think about changing that pipe or whatever - PM me I might buy it.

I have no knowledge of rear master cylinder stuff - and that is definitely misaligned. It looks like you just need to angle the cylinder more to line up.
I thinkit looks good too. Up close it is still mirrored like chrome but is a dark blue and purple......looks nice!!