PDA

View Full Version : 250r vs Cannondale

300exHottie
09-17-2002, 03:09 PM
I know you guys have been talking about which is better, the raptor or the cannondale. Of course it is the cannondale, but I want to know how you think Honda's 250r and the Cannondale would be? Which is faster and better?? My Boy and I have been having this debate going on for a while. Thanks.

redrider808
09-17-2002, 03:21 PM
http://dodgetrucks.org/photopost/data/44960064-med.JPG
well this was my 310R had every thing but a frame and that was on the way would have never thought i wold sell her . but the day came and she left me but i could never be happier with what i did . faster handles just as good jumps better. all the mass of the quad is right at your feet don't feel it in the air . all around a better quad.
http://dodgetrucks.org/photopost/data/44960069-med.JPG me with the new girl

Bean
09-17-2002, 03:56 PM
i presonally hav rode both, and jus felt more comfortable on the R, it FEELS faster because of the massive powerhit, which the dale does not hav as hard of hit, so it FEELS slowwer, but in realiity, speed dont matter

MxDale71
09-17-2002, 04:19 PM
All 4-strokes "FEEL" slower than 2-strokes, but in reality, in a drag race the Dale will out run the R. But as far as which is BETTER... that is almost impossible to argue. The R (or atleast the frame) is the most popular for MX, but the C-dale is quickly making a name for itself as one of the best mx'ers around. It would ALL be rider preference... that is not as easily decided as the Cannondale vs. Raptor.

Everything I'm talkin about has to do with MX... I don't ride trails or dunes, so I couldn't tell you a whole lot about that.

09-17-2002, 05:14 PM
I only really ride MX, so that is where my mind is always at. Saying that, I had the dilemma of what quad to buy for a racer awhile back. I had my sights set on a 250R, and money was not a big issue. I was willing to go all out on my race quad. I did a lot of research, and rode many different things. I rode a very well built 250r, and It just was not for me. I did not like the violent hit of the powerband, and I really did not like not having engine braking. I rode some other stuff like 400EX's, built quads, and I rode the Moto last. I only went and test drove one because a local racer won a race I attended on one. He told me his father owned the dealership, and I should stop in. I did, and I was glad. He let me ride his Moto on a little track outside the shop, and I could not believe it. The fisrt time I rode this quad I felt like I was with an old friend. It was very easy to get used to, and it had potent power that was usable. The biggest suprise was jumping it. It was so easy to control in the air that I could not believe it. It really responds well to rider input. I think it is the best MX racer out there. I was very brand loyal before I rode the Cannondale, but I imagine anybody would feel the same way if they rode one. I am sure it was the quad for me, and you might feel the same if you rode one.

Troy86250r
09-18-2002, 12:25 AM
Its all personal preference. They are both great quads, and I dont think you can really say one is better than the other. It all depends on what you think.

airheadedduner
09-18-2002, 12:57 AM
I have an R and as soon as I get the money I am getting the C-dale. I am tired of working on a 16 year old quad.

MotoRacer
09-18-2002, 05:34 PM
right now i have a built 265R, 310R, and cannondale moto 440. There is no comparison when it comes to low end torque, the moto wins by a long shot...the R's do have a harder hit in the powerband, but that is obvious bacause they are 2-strokes...the first day i got the moto, which was 2 days ago, i hit it a few times, and everytime you switch gears, you better hold on, cuz the handlebars try pulling out of your hands. I LOVE the moto, and could not be happier with the quad. The same day i got the moto, i rode my buddies LRD 330R laeger. I do love 2-strokes, don't get me wrong, but I would still pick the stock moto 440 cannon over it. You'd have to ride one to believe it. I am working on selling the R now..just my 2 cents.

09-18-2002, 06:17 PM
If I had to choose, i'd go with a c-dale. It's all about personal preference.

Bean
09-18-2002, 06:20 PM
one thing about R's, bigger bores in paticular, they guzzle gas fast, but thats part of the machine, i dont mind workin on quads, if it bothers u (not pointing to anyonem jus talkin in general), i think u shouldnt be on a quad at all, jus my .02$

cdalejef
09-18-2002, 08:24 PM
I've been racing 250R's since 1988, all I can say is my 03 Blaze is on the way and my 250R days are numbered!:macho

cannondale55
09-18-2002, 08:33 PM
all i can say is they are both great quads and i wouldnt mind having a r set beside my dale

Bean
09-18-2002, 08:41 PM
jeff, im on my knees beggin here, sell me some parts off your R's, or discount me or something, i need parts, lol

300exHottie
09-18-2002, 08:50 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the input. See my boy and I have been short on $ lately and so we debate with eachother whos quad will be faster and better. I want the Speed. He wants the 250r. I can't wait til he reads your responces.:blah

Bean
09-18-2002, 09:02 PM
tell him im on his side!

Sweet400EX
09-18-2002, 10:25 PM
Hey guys,

this is "The Boy". anyways, my "girl" and i have indeed been debating whose quad shall be the fastest but she has one point that is wrong with her reply, i do not want a 250r, i am going to be building piece by piece a CT racing 330r. Since i dont care to have to deal with buying a piece of crap r and then rebuilding crap when it breaks, ive decided to just build one as i go along through the years. kinda a project ya know. Ive have a 86 250r already and absolutely loved it, WHEN IT WAS RUNNING, electricaly problem. :mad:

one this is true though, i have never ridden a c-dale and before meeting my girl, was extremely biased towards riding red, and still am to a point. but she has helped me to open my eyes and give other well-built high performance quads a chance, even the crack and fails. just kidding people.

someone once told me that a 330r will beat any quad out there. c-dales, 440ex running alchy, banshees, raptors, etc. is this true, what do other 250r 330r owners think? also, another question for the same r owners, what do u think of the 330 motor, do u recommend it for trails and fields riding. i do it for recreation only right now, but i want something that is going to put my balls in my throat. and beat a c-dale. hehe.

thank you everyone for replying to this post, it has turned out to be a very good post.

- Doug

09-18-2002, 11:00 PM
DUDE!!!!!!!! You want balls in your throat? What the heck is that? You want nuttz on your chin too? lmao......

cdalejef
09-19-2002, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Bean
jeff, im on my knees beggin here, sell me some parts off your R's, or discount me or something, i need parts, lol How about you buy the whole thing then you won't need any parts at all!:macho

Sweet400EX
09-20-2002, 10:53 AM
guys,

what i was trying to say is that, i want to build the quad as i go, with new frame, shocks, wheels, motor, etc. its going to be my baby. and i just want to build it piece by piece, although buying the whole thing intact already would be easier i dont want to take the easy way out this time.

- Doug

QuadTrix6
09-20-2002, 10:57 AM
250r is just plain sick, even though its old its hard to beat