PDA

View Full Version : no power

TC22
12-12-2006, 08:37 AM
I got a 2002 400ex and it has no power at all. I charged the battery and it is fully charged. Does anyone have any idea of what it could be? There is absolutely no power, the green neutral light won't even come on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,t.c.:confused:

zdowell
12-12-2006, 09:01 AM
You make sure that you have everything connected right? Did you disconnect the key for some reason? What did you just get done doing to your quad? Did you replace anything or do anthing to it?

TC22
12-12-2006, 09:08 AM
I just bought it. I haven't done anything to it. It has a white brothers exaust and Maxis tires other than that nothing special. I bought it from a guy that said he was riding it and turned it off when he loaded it and when he went to start it there wasn't any power. I figured that it was a bad connection or battery or somethin of the sort but i have checked that all and still wont get power. What about the key? I unhooked the ignition to take the plastics off but put it back together.

johnsls
12-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Check your fuse!!!
Its located by your battery box. Either that or something else isn't connected

TC22
12-12-2006, 10:41 AM
I was told that it could be the CDI box. Is that true?

TC22
12-12-2006, 10:45 AM
I will check the fuse as soon as I get home, I didn't see one last night. Hopefully thats what it is. thank you,t.c.

Old Head
12-12-2006, 01:32 PM
If its not the fuse check your grounds.

darkzealot
12-12-2006, 06:30 PM
this problem hapened to me...it was because i painted the frame and some little wire burnt cause of it....i can't explain why cause i would need the translation of "gronder" ( french )...but by adding a wire connecting battery ( negative poll ) dirrectly to the motor...it solved the problem

this is just a case among many others, but it worked for me.

TC22
12-13-2006, 07:43 AM
Got it fixed! For some reason the ground wire was bad. As soon as I got home I checked the fuse and it was good. I turned the key on and it did nothing. I looked at the ground cable and it looked pretty old. So I grabbed a piece of wire and grounded the battery and it started right up!!!! Thanks for the help guys, now I just need to find some white plastics with a black seat. Let me know if anyone knows where I can get a set. Thanks,t.c.