PDA

View Full Version : high end issues

brunog
12-12-2006, 08:24 AM
I just got a yoshi exhaust, moose jet kit, Stage 2 cam, and removed air box lid. The bike runs awesome in 1st and 2nd but when I get on her in 3rd, she seems to lag then catch and go. No smoke at all, no trouble starting, idling, revving etc. Any ideas?

I do not know what jets were installed either.

ghott
12-12-2006, 08:45 AM
It seems to me, that if you are fine all the way thru 1st and 2nd, then its not a jetting issue....

Maybe your clutch is slipping? Does it like to pop out of gear...any false neutrals going on with the tranny? What oil are you using in your transmission? Do you change the tranny oil regularly? How long has it been since you put a clutch in that bad boy?

brunog
12-12-2006, 09:06 AM
It is an 07 and I have ridden it 4-5 times max. The tranny oil is stock and the clutch has never given me any issues. It does seem to have more play than others though.

Colby@C&DRacing
12-12-2006, 10:33 AM
I agree sounds like a clutch slipping issue. 3rd-5th gear put more load on the cltuch than 1-2 . I see this alot on 450s with motor work, low oil or miss adjusted clutchs

brunog
12-12-2006, 12:41 PM
How do I adjust the clutch on an 07? Is it the bottom line under the emergence brake line on the left side of handlebars? Do I turn the silver know clockwise or counter clockwise?

INFAMOUSRACER7
12-13-2006, 08:16 PM
if it has play you will want to take out the play so you will turn it counter clockwise but make sure you have a little bit of play. does it only do this in a certin throttle range ex. o-1/4 1/4-3/4 3/4-full? if it only does it in certin throttle ranges it is probley jetting let me know if it does and i will help as much as i can